How does stress affect migraines and can it cause a stroke?

Smittyplace asked...

I'm 54 years old and suffered with migraines for roughly 20 years. In the past year I've been under tremendous stress at work and had a heart episode (coronary artery vasospasm) at work. My migraines increased and had a MRI and the doctor told me I had a lacunar infarction (small stroke) but he didn't know when. I am out of work on FMLA and looking to try and get worker's compensation but not sure how stress has played a role with the stroke but I know for sure how it's affected my heart as I get a lot of chest pain, some hot episodes (high blood pressure) and palpitations. I'm curious to know if others have gone through something like this and what can I do to turn the tables on my health. I'm a non-smoker, weigh about 155, and in good shape as I work out. I do have sever Mitral Valve Prolapse with regurge and very symptomatic. Any words of advice and information would be greatly appreciated.

Rosar answered...

Hello, Thank you for your question. Here are a few resources that you may find helpful: https://www.caring.com/questions/ive-had-migraine-headaches-for-29-years-but-lately-they. You may also want to speak with your doctor or medical professional.

Rwhittier59 answered...

Cut your salt intake!