How do I get my grandmother to stop being scammed by psychics?

An8207 asked...

I'm 40 years and take care of my grandma who I have lived with for the past 20 or so years. I feed her, bathe her and so on. She is giving her money away to psychics and she thinks she's going to hit the big money with these thieves that are telling her this just so she sends money - alot of money - every month. What am I to do as she thinks I'm against her and out to take her money?

Robind answered...

Sit her down and ask her if there is anything they have said to be true?  If psychics are asking for money, they are not truly committed to helping anyone, except to take money.

Cut off all contact if you can.  I'm assuming she calls them.  If so, block that number.  If she writes, don't deliver the mail.  And if this does not rectify the issue, I would suggest to her that you should be "helping" her with her finances.  This way you can police what she does and have a better understanding to prepare for the future.

My siblings and I did this 3 years ago when it started and all it got us was yelled at and accused of not wanting her to be happy. Somehow my mother is convinced that the ringleader, David Phild is in love with her!! her medical doctor says she's fine, but now the bank has flagged her accounts, and the police and elder care are involved. Any more ideas??