How do I find an elder care moving manager?

1 answer | Last updated: Sep 14, 2017
A fellow caregiver asked...

Hi. My parents are in their late eighties. My father says that he would have no problem moving in with me, I live in L.A. and they in Florida, but my mother is very stubborn about leaving her home. I certainly do understand. However, there may come a time that they will have to move to me. I have read that there are "elder care moving managers", or something to that effect. Who do I contact or how can I find someone who specializes in this?

Expert Answers

Maria Basso Lipani writes a popular website on geriatric care topics, where she puts her expertise as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker to good use answering care planning questions. Maria is a graduate of Columbia University School of Social Work and is licensed in California and New York.

What you described as an "elder care moving manager" is more commonly known as a "relocation specialist," but the concept is exactly the same. In fact, an entire niche market has sprung up in recent years to assist with moves that occur later in life.

One such company, Right-Sized Living, LLC, was founded by Nan Hayes who is actually a Moving Expert at If you go to Nan's website ( you can read more about Certified Relocation and Transitions Specialists (CRTS)and the services they provide. The site also allows you to search for one in your area.