Woodbury Health Care Center

7012 LAKE ROAD, Woodbury, MN, 55125

Reviews of Woodbury Health Care Center

December 07, 2016

By knpn214

The most important thing we would like you to know is how well all the staff here treated my dad, and us family members too.We can not say enough good things about how we were treated. Staff went out of their way to make the stay here very pleasant. The staff was very Knowledgeable and worked hard to help my dad to get better. All the staff members were extremely helpful and friendly. Unfortunately we did not catch everyone's name who helped during the stay but the fine staff members you have working here Emira housekeeping kept the room extremely clean and orderly. Brian aide , does an extremely good job. He was always asking if we needed anything and was friendly. Cori from occupational therapy immediately put my dad and us family at ease with her wonderful personality and sense of humor that helped make the therapy be very productive. She suggested using a weight on my dad's arm to help control his familiar tremors while eating. It has worked very well. Juanita Occupational therapy also did a wonderful job. Charine a aide helped make the stay pleasant and was always helping with any needs we had. Patty an aide is a fantastic person and on thanksgiving day out family dinner plans didn't work out so Patty went out of her way to set up a lovely table in the dinning room that we were able to use to eat the food we had pre-arranged from Tinucci's. A day that looked like it wasn't going to be a good day turned out to be a wonderful family holiday celebration thanks to Patty!!!!! Dr. Parmar did an excellent job , She kept us informed on my dad's progress and helped us on 12-6-16 by ordering a test to make sure my dad was hydrated enough before going home. Rick social services did and excellent job in guiding us through system and setting up home health care. Amanda nurse was one of the first staff members we encountered when we can here. She went out of her way to make us comfortable here and provided for my Dad's medical needs. She was always checking to see if there was anything we needed. I know there are more staff members who went out of their way to help us but unfortunately I didn't catch their names. I'm sorry they wont be specifically get the well deserved recognition and thanks they deserve. I apologize for any misspelling of names or titles of the staff members mentioned above. Food . The food was excellent and my dad enjoyed it very much. It was so good he ate things that normally he wouldn't eat at home. The parking at the facility was good. Even when there were many vehicles here there were always a place to park. Bottom line is we want to thank everyone here very much for the wonderful professional care you provided for us. We would definitely tell others about how well people are treated her! Physical and occupational therapy did an excellent job. My dad's strength, balance and stamina improved greatly. We can not think of any negative thing about my dad's stay here. Within a very short time her, we knew my dad was at a safe professional friendly facility that would de everything in their power to help my dad get better, be comfortable and feel like he's at home.

October 28, 2016

By Roxy Bear 1959

Hi My mother is in the nursing home here and so sad to say this Nursing Home needs desperate help very poor on every thing the aides need to step it up if you can find one i am family of 10 and we all go see my mom everyday because of the care here and when we do see her we have to change her bedding because no one does. The food is Horrible here and this place is so so dirty. What can i say it is so depressing. She is on 2nd floor and the kitchen is so dirty all the time the cupboards are so sticky i don't think the ever clean it. They all seem so lonely these Seniors deserve better care and weather they are short of help some one needs to pay attention. Please Make this floor a better place to visit and give theses senior more of your time. I always feel bad to leave because of the bad care here.

March 08, 2016

By Angels 2

Mom in transitional care. She was in bathroom yelling for help. The emergency call rope was broke in her bathroom and therefore nobody came to help her. Luckily I was coming down the hall and heard her yelling for help. Assisted living did not work well for her either. She did not get enough help when she really needed it.

November 13, 2015

By Beainmybonnet

My mother was here for 15 months before she died. She had moved from senior living to assisted living and then to the nursing home. No complaints until she came to the nursing home part. First complaint is roaming male residents that would come into her room. My mother was non verbal by this time and could have done nothing to protect herself had it been necessary. Staff didn't seem to know how to answer my complaint. Second, as my mother lay dying, she was left in her double room and the entire family had to put up with a loud and obnoxious roommate while we were trying to say our final good bye. Finally, as my mother lay unresponsive and dying, someone took her gold cross necklace. This necklace was made from her husbands rings after he died. My mother wore it 24/7 for 17 years and NEVER took it off. But as soon as she became unresponsive it disappeared. Some of the staff were caring people others were not.

July 21, 2015

Woodbury Health Care Center is good. It is kind of a la carte depending on what services you need. The staff seems to be genuine people. They like their job. My dad is in this facility. The room is small; it's not too bad. The dining room is close to his room, so it is good. Their dining room kind of reminds you like an old-fashioned cafeteria. It is kind of a quaint little diner. They have a pastor that comes in Wednesday and Saturday, so we don't have to drive my dad all over town going to different churches, and that's the only social interaction that he does so far. He has only been there for two months.

July 04, 2015

By unhappy son

My mother is a resident. We sit on her bed waiting at least 20 min. Before a nurse or aid comes after pushing her emergency button. They go threw my mothers personal things and throw away papers that they think are trash. One time I left my mothers last will and testament in her three drawer cabinet. It got thrown away along with that Sundays news paper and it was monday. They all back each other up when finger pointing happens. They wouldn't give my mother any money when she asked for a twenty.because her balance said 6 dollars .after she has been a rresident for a year . which is 80,000 dollars they have been paid for rent.

March 18, 2015

By Sylvie10

My husband was there to recover from surgery; care was okay but he was put into a room with a patient who listened nonstop to very loud tv, which proved to be intolerable. Staff either could not or would not put a stop to this, so only alternative was to pay extra for private room. They forced me to pay for a month, knowing he was there for only a wk or 10 days. I gave them a check for $1050; his bill came to $385. 2 1/2 months later, I have not received a refund. I consider this nothing less than thievery.

November 07, 2014

By daughter's dilema

Stay away. The transitional care floor is OK, but once my mom was moved to the 2nd floor it was a constant battle with the aides and management. 45 minutes for her call light to be answered. Unacceptable.

October 16, 2013

By Mary72998750

Both my parents were in transitional care at Woodbury Health Care Center. The care there was good. The hospice was great. The staff was wonderful, they were all very caring. Each staff person has a lot of people to take care of, so they're not always right on time with meds, but it's taken care of. They need to hire more staff. They have all levels of care there, and they have activities going on everyday.

May 01, 2013

By emeraldjeep

Very disappointing and upsetting experience with this facility. Not enough staff, can't get meds in a reasonable amount of time, patients requiring help are out of luck. Hope I never have to go here! Exasperating is all I can say.

April 25, 2013

By Illa

When I visit my dear friend she is lying in bedwatching TV. I always ask a nurse helper to get her up in a chair so we can go visit in a sunny room. I will be honest and say staff assistance is usually a problem they seem to be never available. Food seems ok but seconds are not offered. My friend seems depressed so I visit weekly to offer a chance to visit and catch up.

December 13, 2011

By Becky Jo

My grandmoother was a resident of this facility for seven months. She was well cared for by a caring and thoughtful staff. My grandmother had worked as an LPN at a long term care facility, so she had high standards for her care. The only negative was a lack of security. She was harrassed by a male resident who was confused and thought she was in his bed. He was angry and violent,she was not the first resident he had harrassed this way. I think that there could have been better control over residents with a history of acting out at other residents.

Features of Woodbury Health Care Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Woodbury Health Care Center

Woodbury Health Care Center is a nursing home in Woodbury, MN that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Woodbury Health Care Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Woodbury Health Care Center