Woodbury Health Care Center

7012 LAKE ROAD, Woodbury, MN, 55125

Reviews of Woodbury Health Care Center

Beainmybonnet November 13, 2015

My mother was here for 15 months before she died. She had moved from senior living to assisted living and then to the nursing home. No complaints until she came to the nursing home part. First complaint is roaming male residents that would come into her room. My mother was non verbal by this time and could have done nothing to protect herself had it been necessary. Staff didn't seem to know how to answer my complaint. Second, as my mother lay dying, she was left in her double room and the entire family had to put up with a loud and obnoxious roommate while we were trying to say our final good bye. Finally, as my mother lay unresponsive and dying, someone took her gold cross necklace. This necklace was made from her husbands rings after he died. My mother wore it 24/7 for 17 years and NEVER took it off. But as soon as she became unresponsive it disappeared. Some of the staff were caring people others were not.

Caring114178150 July 21, 2015

Woodbury Health Care Center is good. It is kind of a la carte depending on what services you need. The staff seems to be genuine people. They like their job. My dad is in this facility. The room is small; it's not too bad. The dining room is close to his room, so it is good. Their dining room kind of reminds you like an old-fashioned cafeteria. It is kind of a quaint little diner. They have a pastor that comes in Wednesday and Saturday, so we don't have to drive my dad all over town going to different churches, and that's the only social interaction that he does so far. He has only been there for two months.

unhappy son July 04, 2015

My mother is a resident. We sit on her bed waiting at least 20 min. Before a nurse or aid comes after pushing her emergency button. They go threw my mothers personal things and throw away papers that they think are trash. One time I left my mothers last will and testament in her three drawer cabinet. It got thrown away along with that Sundays news paper and it was monday. They all back each other up when finger pointing happens. They wouldn't give my mother any money when she asked for a twenty.because her balance said 6 dollars .after she has been a rresident for a year . which is 80,000 dollars they have been paid for rent.

Sylvie10 March 18, 2015

My husband was there to recover from surgery; care was okay but he was put into a room with a patient who listened nonstop to very loud tv, which proved to be intolerable. Staff either could not or would not put a stop to this, so only alternative was to pay extra for private room. They forced me to pay for a month, knowing he was there for only a wk or 10 days. I gave them a check for $1050; his bill came to $385. 2 1/2 months later, I have not received a refund. I consider this nothing less than thievery.

daughter's dilema November 07, 2014

Stay away. The transitional care floor is OK, but once my mom was moved to the 2nd floor it was a constant battle with the aides and management. 45 minutes for her call light to be answered. Unacceptable.

Mary72998750 October 16, 2013

Both my parents were in transitional care at Woodbury Health Care Center. The care there was good. The hospice was great. The staff was wonderful, they were all very caring. Each staff person has a lot of people to take care of, so they're not always right on time with meds, but it's taken care of. They need to hire more staff. They have all levels of care there, and they have activities going on everyday.

emeraldjeep May 01, 2013

Very disappointing and upsetting experience with this facility. Not enough staff, can't get meds in a reasonable amount of time, patients requiring help are out of luck. Hope I never have to go here! Exasperating is all I can say.

Illa April 25, 2013

When I visit my dear friend she is lying in bedwatching TV. I always ask a nurse helper to get her up in a chair so we can go visit in a sunny room. I will be honest and say staff assistance is usually a problem they seem to be never available. Food seems ok but seconds are not offered. My friend seems depressed so I visit weekly to offer a chance to visit and catch up.

Becky Jo December 13, 2011

My grandmoother was a resident of this facility for seven months. She was well cared for by a caring and thoughtful staff. My grandmother had worked as an LPN at a long term care facility, so she had high standards for her care. The only negative was a lack of security. She was harrassed by a male resident who was confused and thought she was in his bed. He was angry and violent,she was not the first resident he had harrassed this way. I think that there could have been better control over residents with a history of acting out at other residents.

About Woodbury Health Care Center

Woodbury Health Care Center is a nursing home in Woodbury, MN that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Woodbury Health Care Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Woodbury Health Care Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 245235
  • Ownership Type Non Profit Corporation

• Resident Capacity 165