Heartland-west Bloomfield

6950 FARMINGTON RD, West Bloomfield, MI, 48322

Reviews of Heartland-west Bloomfield

Loving member of family February 20, 2014

There is only one word to describe the way they take care of their patients -- NEGLECT!!! I would NEVER recommend this absolutely horrible facility. The lack of care from the staff is inexcusable. In the last year I have had numerous other family members in other facilities (not Heartland) and although there is no 'perfect' place, this has got to be one of the worst facilities I've ever seen. There are so many negatives I couldn't begin to describe them all. However, I will share some of the experiences: patient fell and was never told about it (they are required by law but never told family); patient contracted c-diff (which is highly contagious) and never told family about it or had the proper protection available to family/friends when visiting therefore jeopardizing their health and extended families health. Nurses aid splattered fecal matter all over room when changing resident and never had maintenance clean up. Never tended to horrible diaper rash of resident resulting in bed sores; complete lack of respect for the individual and how they must feel. Also, administrator would never return phone calls when trying to get info. I wish our family could go back and do again. We never would have placed them at Heartland. Our loved one has recently deceased and the only saving grace, is least they're out of Heartland -- pretty sad that the loss of someone you love brings more comfort than in their stay at Heartland. If you truly love your relative, find another facility.

gaylelynn January 06, 2014

This place was like a snake pit atmosphere. I was recuperating from open heart surgery and put in a room with an Alzheimer's patient who screamed 24 hours a day. Aides and nurses barely spoke English and therapy staff lied that faces off. They told me about consultations with my doctor and when I checked there were none. One therapist on staff and up to 30 patients hustled in therapy room all given same exercises. I went once. Aides off the street all had badges that said "physical therapist", but in fact had no credentials whatsoever. Food was deplorable. I asked for brown sugar once for oatmeal and was given a white lump. I had one piece of real meat in a month. Everything else was McDonalds quality (ground up meat, addititives and grain formed in a patty). Spinach "salad" was topped with mustard. Library had one two day old newspaper and no books. Nice place huh?

Cgt3 February 06, 2013

I would not recommend this facility after my mother was a patient there, and fell after the first week. The staff reported they did not know how long she was on the floor, and that if we wanted her to have a safety companion be with her, they were not responsible. The staff did the very minimal guidelines. The speech pathologist and dietitian were very caring of her. The lack of concern demonstrated for the patients was astounding. My mother was over medicated to the Lint she was like a zombie with a hand tremor. Perhaps this place would be good for someone younger with few needs, but for someone who is already suffering due to rigorous cancer treatment, I would not recommend this place.

lablover12 January 28, 2012

This particular nursing home was in my opinion, typical of other nursing homes I have visited in the past. Since this particular nursing home is located in an upper class community, I expected it to be more updated and have less of a stereotypical "nursing home" feeling. However, when entering the facility to visit my grandmother, it was very typical to any other nursing home I have visited in the past. The decor was a bit outdated and as all nursing homes, it had that particular "odor" about the place. The nusring staff was wonderful to myself, my grandmother and my family. They were always willing to answer any questions we had concerning our grandmother whether we were there visiting in person, or if we called on the phone to check in on her. We had no problems with visitng hours and we were allowed to bring her great-grandchildren up to visit. They were very understanding and patient with her as she began her onset of dementia. The staff would listen to her needs and concerns and take care of them as quickly as possible. The staff was also very accomodating to her husband who would come and visit quite often as well. He too was developing dementia also, so at times, he required assistance and the staff was happy to provide it to him when needed. Even though my impression of this facility at first was that of a "typical" nursing home, once we began visiting on a regular basis and were familiar with the staff, we were re-assured that our family member was being taken care of and that they were providing the best care they could to her. I would recommend this facility to anyone looking into nursing home living for their family members. It is in a good, safe community, and the staff truly cares about the patients that are there.

About Heartland-west Bloomfield

Heartland-west Bloomfield is a nursing home in West Bloomfield, MI that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Heartland-west Bloomfield for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Heartland-west Bloomfield

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Heartland-west Bloomfield