Pleasant Manor Health & Rehabilitation Center

3650 S IH 35 E, Waxahachie, TX, 75165

Reviews of Pleasant Manor Health & Rehabilitation Center

glocat January 07, 2012

I had occasion to visit the Pleasant Manor Facility in June 0f 2011. My friend's father was a patient there for 3 months before he passed away. I would go and sit with my friend and keep her company while she sat with her father. The first most noticeable thing when entering the home, was the overwhelming smell of urine. I don't know why this is true, but most nursing homes I have visited have this characteristic in common. Once in the door, I approched the nurses station where a lot of the employees seemed to be very busy and ignored my presence entirely. I noticed that the workers there felt very free to communicate very loudly with each other and they provided an air of boisterous comraderie amongst each other with no concern whatsoever for maintaining any sort of peace or quiet. Finally, I spoke directly to a lady and she made eye contact, but did not offer or ask if she could help in any way. I told her I was there to visit the patient named ___, she told me where he could be located and pointed me in the right direction. On my way to the room, I went down a long hallway with the smell of urine becoming stronger and I saw a lady in a wheel chair with her head down, tapping her feet incessantly. She was tied to her wheeelchair by some raggedy constraints, and no one appeared to be watching or helping her. It was a disturbing sight. Once in my friends room, I was struck by how stark it appeared, with only a bed, a nightstand and one upholstered chair in the room. Not very welcoming at all. I stood during my entire visit, and could clearly hear the employees gossiping and laughing in the hallway, even with the door closed. I failed to see how anyone could be comfortable in this sort of atmosphere. Overall, my impression was not good. I was appalled by the noise and apathy of the employees. The patients seemed relatively happy there, but I was upset at seeing the one lady tied to her wheelchair. The only other goodthing I observed was that there appeared to be fresh paint on all the walls, and the facility had a clean appearance. This too was a little overshadowed by the smell of urine. I hope to never have to deal with a place like this again, either as a visitor or a patient.

lw4503 August 02, 2011

My great-grandmother and grandfather were in this facility. The outside appearance of the facility was excellent. The moment you stepped inside was not always pleasant. The times I was there visiting, the facility smelled of urine. The rooms were plain - like a hospital room - for example, no curtains on the windows. The care that was given was ok. The employees seemed to just be working to get a paycheck and not really care about their "patients".

About Pleasant Manor Health & Rehabilitation Center

Pleasant Manor Health & Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Waxahachie, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Pleasant Manor Health & Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Pleasant Manor Health & Rehabilitation Center