Pleasant Manor Health & Rehabilitation Center

3650 S IH 35 E, Waxahachie, TX, 75165

Reviews of Pleasant Manor Health & Rehabilitation Center

January 05, 2016

By Nacho

If you care about your loved one, I do not recommend this place. My mother was in there for 3 days and we had to get her out of that facility. The staff doesn't care about their patients and their well being. They could not tell us when or if a bath was given or when her last BM was. In my opinion this facility doesn't rate any stars!!!

January 28, 2015

By dawn clarissa

My husband has been at Pleasant Manor for 8 months. Since he was at first a flight risk he was in a hall that was locked. This was necessary since he did want to leave and was somewhat mobile. As soon as he had settled in and it was felt safe to allow him to move from that hallway into a regular hall where the patients can go in and out of their rooms, go to recreation and out to the dining hall he was given a new room out in the general population.. First the pluses: Every aide that we have contact with has been kind and caring both to my husband and to myself. I do go out every afternoon and am there during their supper hour and see that he is in bed and settled for the night. The LVN's are fine, the administrator (John) and the business office manager(JIM) both have their doors open at all times and you are welcome to talk to them. Their offices are right as you walk in the door, so they are not hiding from you. There is not a bad odor when you enter and most of the halls are okay. Now and then of course there will be patients that have accidents and there will be some smell but it is taken care of as soon as the aides can. We-as family- must keep in mind that there is over 100 beds in this facility and we do not have a private duty nurse at our beck and call. Sometimes the aides will come back and if you ask for something they will say yes, and then not get back to you - but most often that is because several others have stopped them on their way and ask for something also. I do wish they made more activities - although many of the patients are unable to participate. They do have bingo, and church services, and special programs for those that are able to attend. The heat and air conditioning is very good. At this age most of the patients are very aware of their comfort level. I believe there is a new cook on board and meals are better. (How to cook for that many with different health problems is beyond me!) They do well. Please, please no more paper plates and utensils. Food needs to be cut up . We have been told that the patient can have more food if they request, however, when the aide delivers their plate (and this is in the dining hall) they then disappear so there is no opportunity to ask for seconds. Again, these aides have other duties to attend to and cannot spare the time to stick around while patients eat. The rehab department is GREAT. They are upbeat, pleasant, and do their very best. I would suggest that perhaps Pleasant Manor have some advocates for the patients. Especially those that have no family or visitors and are unable to speak for themselves. I would certainly be agreeable to doing that on some sort of schedule since I still work. I give them an A+

January 07, 2012

By glocat

I had occasion to visit the Pleasant Manor Facility in June 0f 2011. My friend's father was a patient there for 3 months before he passed away. I would go and sit with my friend and keep her company while she sat with her father. The first most noticeable thing when entering the home, was the overwhelming smell of urine. I don't know why this is true, but most nursing homes I have visited have this characteristic in common. Once in the door, I approched the nurses station where a lot of the employees seemed to be very busy and ignored my presence entirely. I noticed that the workers there felt very free to communicate very loudly with each other and they provided an air of boisterous comraderie amongst each other with no concern whatsoever for maintaining any sort of peace or quiet. Finally, I spoke directly to a lady and she made eye contact, but did not offer or ask if she could help in any way. I told her I was there to visit the patient named ___, she told me where he could be located and pointed me in the right direction. On my way to the room, I went down a long hallway with the smell of urine becoming stronger and I saw a lady in a wheel chair with her head down, tapping her feet incessantly. She was tied to her wheeelchair by some raggedy constraints, and no one appeared to be watching or helping her. It was a disturbing sight. Once in my friends room, I was struck by how stark it appeared, with only a bed, a nightstand and one upholstered chair in the room. Not very welcoming at all. I stood during my entire visit, and could clearly hear the employees gossiping and laughing in the hallway, even with the door closed. I failed to see how anyone could be comfortable in this sort of atmosphere. Overall, my impression was not good. I was appalled by the noise and apathy of the employees. The patients seemed relatively happy there, but I was upset at seeing the one lady tied to her wheelchair. The only other goodthing I observed was that there appeared to be fresh paint on all the walls, and the facility had a clean appearance. This too was a little overshadowed by the smell of urine. I hope to never have to deal with a place like this again, either as a visitor or a patient.

August 02, 2011

By lw4503

My great-grandmother and grandfather were in this facility. The outside appearance of the facility was excellent. The moment you stepped inside was not always pleasant. The times I was there visiting, the facility smelled of urine. The rooms were plain - like a hospital room - for example, no curtains on the windows. The care that was given was ok. The employees seemed to just be working to get a paycheck and not really care about their "patients".

About Pleasant Manor Health & Rehabilitation Center

Pleasant Manor Health & Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Waxahachie, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Pleasant Manor Health & Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Pleasant Manor Health & Rehabilitation Center