Kutztown Manor

120 TREXLER AVENUE, Kutztown, PA, 19530

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Kutztown Manor

remembersomeone August 28, 2012

I visited Kutztown manor to see my grandmother. She was in from a stroke, and was trying to regain her strength, by using the manor's rehab facilities. I visited her every day that I could, which was quite often. While in the manor, I noticed the distinct smell of urine and feces. While this smell is to be somewhat expected with so many people needing help to go to the bathroom and all, I feel that nothing was ever done to cover the smell up, or even make it seem a little less overwhelming. When visiting my grandmother she always complained about the lousy staff they had on call. Note that there was about 20 nurses, and about 90 patients, but rarely any "bell ringing" for assistance. When she would ring the bell, nobody would come. It would take about a half an hour to an hour for us, or her to receive help. This caused her to have many "accidents" which could have been avoided. Overall, I don't like the facility. Because of the bad staff, the forcing of financial problems the manor puts on you (i.e. trying to take your home away while only in for a short stay), and other problems, my grandmother had to move away to a home further than most people want to drive these days. So I rarely get to see her. I blame the poor service.

Show 1 More Review Show Fewer Reviews - Write a Review

About Kutztown Manor

Kutztown Manor is a nursing home in Kutztown, PA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Kutztown Manor for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Kutztown Manor

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Kutztown Manor