Evergreen Commons

Overview of Ratings

2.1

May 31, 2015

By 24679

Three of my family members have gone to this facility. All three left in better conditions than they had seen in years. Great medical oversight and kind and caring therapy staff. One of my family members still visits all the friends he made there.

March 15, 2015

By scaredandafraid

This nursing home should be closed down or have a complete over haul of its night staff. They hire young inexperanced aides and nurses who only want to party and have fun, patients are left alone in common areas for long periods , call buttons aren't answered for over thirty minutes some of the aides r mean and talk nasty, patients r given drugs to keep them calm without family notice (Xanax), Elderly who use a bathroom all day r put in diapers at night and wake soaking wet because the night staff is to busy on their phones or the computer, The facility as no security cameras anywhere in the building there for staff has the ability to do what ever they want, Staff nurses have no idea where their aides are it seems no one on night shift as to answer to anyone. My list goes on and on. If u have a loved one in here check on them often in the evening and what drugs their giving. Advice don't put your loved one in this facility RUN!! Do not judge this book by its cover.

March 08, 2015

By Josephine20

Very understaffed. Patients have to wait for a long time when they call for help. Our family has observed our relative waiting for at least 30 minutes when she calls for assistance, and one time it was almost 90 minutes. Good thing she had diapers on. The food is good, and they have a lot of activities. The main issue is the lack of aides, which causes patients to have to wait for long periods of time for help.

October 13, 2014

By gizmoo

I Think it is to under staff and residents have to wait to long for help when needed my mother didnt get the help she needed so got out of bed with the bed alarm on and was able to change her clothes and wander around room in which in this time frame she pulled out medical devices and tubes but no one heard the bed alarm and her room is next to nursing desk . How could this happen? Please do not send your family member here if you want them to get better

June 24, 2013

By Mgreen5987

Great facility! They go out of their way to make it a caring and friendly environment.

July 08, 2012

By 12345678

My mother re-habbed for a broken hip until taken to the ER fot treatment. This facility is grossly understaffed. 20-25 minute wait for the toilet not uncommon on weekends/holidays, little attention to detail, supervision of staff to see if they had done their job. Pills left in open container in dining room, linens on bed for over a week, no adhearence to dietary concerns - open ordering for menu choices. Not the place for frail individuals who need help with the simplest chores. Would give no stars, but system will not allow.

June 05, 2011

By D4nc3rGino

Friend or relative of resident

Over the years I have had two relatives become residents of Evergreen Commons; my grandfather and my Papa. In the case of my Papa I became experienced with both the assisted living element of the facility and, unfortunately, the dementia unit. My grandfather became a resident in the short-term rehabilitation area. In both cases, I found the nursing staff to be extremely caring and helpful. I remember one Halloween, the nurses helped the residents give out candy to visiting trick-or-treaters. All of the doctors I personally had experience with were very informative and made me feel at ease with my loved one's care and treatment. The grounds surrounding the facility are well kept and away from heavily trafficked roadways. The building itself is clean and welcoming. Overall, I would say that Evergreen Commons is a great option when looking for help in caring for your loved ones.

Features of Evergreen Commons

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Evergreen Commons

Evergreen Commons is a nursing home in East Greenbush, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Evergreen Commons for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Evergreen Commons