Evergreen Commons

1070 LUTHER ROAD, East Greenbush, NY, 12061

Reviews of Evergreen Commons

Colby November 01, 2015

My one hundred year old mother-in-law had the misfortune to go to Evergreen Commons for rehab after surgery to mend a broken hip. We - the family - chose this place because they would allow her personal aides to be present at all times during her stay. Her aides are excellent at what they do, and had a regimen set up to manage her late in life diabetes. The nursing supervisor was adamant and confrontational in not letting the aides do much of anything. They could not give her water in her room, she had to help herself. They could not feed her anything at any time, she must feed herself. During the nights, they would let the nursing station know that she was in pain. They would only give her tylenol which she could not get down because she was having trouble swallowing. The doctor there was hard to get in touch with during the first part of her stay. When finally we did get in touch, he would not change the sugar regimen which he had at no insulin unless the sugar level was above 250. At the high sugar levels she was lethargic. The therapy staff were great, as were several of the nurses and staff. It appears to me that the nursing supervisor, the head nurse, the night nursing staff and the doctor were road blocks to the well being of mom. Yes, she was 100 years old and needed aids to get around and do her daily functions. Her mind was good. There is no excuse for long waits to get pain medication and help in drinking water back in her room. I also feel the record keeping does not reflect the true sugar levels. A reading of 599 became 490 then 435. When the records were released, there was never a reading above 299. I strongly feel this place is understaffed and the management is only concerned with the bottom line profit. If you are diabetic, look elswhere.

Kimmy123456 October 15, 2015

They gave what I would say was average care up until my grandfather actually passed. Within minutes of him dying, they asked when he was going to get "picked up." When we said we were going to call funeral homes, they made it clear we needed to hurry. Then....a memory I will never forget. They had my deceased grandfather wheeled out in a body bag in front of his whole family and myself. Other residents also saw this. One resident started to cry

24679 May 31, 2015

Three of my family members have gone to this facility. All three left in better conditions than they had seen in years. Great medical oversight and kind and caring therapy staff. One of my family members still visits all the friends he made there.

scaredandafraid March 15, 2015

This nursing home should be closed down or have a complete over haul of its night staff. They hire young inexperanced aides and nurses who only want to party and have fun, patients are left alone in common areas for long periods , call buttons aren't answered for over thirty minutes some of the aides r mean and talk nasty, patients r given drugs to keep them calm without family notice (Xanax), Elderly who use a bathroom all day r put in diapers at night and wake soaking wet because the night staff is to busy on their phones or the computer, The facility as no security cameras anywhere in the building there for staff has the ability to do what ever they want, Staff nurses have no idea where their aides are it seems no one on night shift as to answer to anyone. My list goes on and on. If u have a loved one in here check on them often in the evening and what drugs their giving. Advice don't put your loved one in this facility RUN!! Do not judge this book by its cover.

Josephine20 March 08, 2015

Very understaffed. Patients have to wait for a long time when they call for help. Our family has observed our relative waiting for at least 30 minutes when she calls for assistance, and one time it was almost 90 minutes. Good thing she had diapers on. The food is good, and they have a lot of activities. The main issue is the lack of aides, which causes patients to have to wait for long periods of time for help.

gizmoo October 13, 2014

I Think it is to under staff and residents have to wait to long for help when needed my mother didnt get the help she needed so got out of bed with the bed alarm on and was able to change her clothes and wander around room in which in this time frame she pulled out medical devices and tubes but no one heard the bed alarm and her room is next to nursing desk . How could this happen? Please do not send your family member here if you want them to get better

Mgreen5987 June 24, 2013

Great facility! They go out of their way to make it a caring and friendly environment.

12345678 July 08, 2012

My mother re-habbed for a broken hip until taken to the ER fot treatment. This facility is grossly understaffed. 20-25 minute wait for the toilet not uncommon on weekends/holidays, little attention to detail, supervision of staff to see if they had done their job. Pills left in open container in dining room, linens on bed for over a week, no adhearence to dietary concerns - open ordering for menu choices. Not the place for frail individuals who need help with the simplest chores. Would give no stars, but system will not allow.

D4nc3rGino June 05, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

Over the years I have had two relatives become residents of Evergreen Commons; my grandfather and my Papa. In the case of my Papa I became experienced with both the assisted living element of the facility and, unfortunately, the dementia unit. My grandfather became a resident in the short-term rehabilitation area. In both cases, I found the nursing staff to be extremely caring and helpful. I remember one Halloween, the nurses helped the residents give out candy to visiting trick-or-treaters. All of the doctors I personally had experience with were very informative and made me feel at ease with my loved one's care and treatment. The grounds surrounding the facility are well kept and away from heavily trafficked roadways. The building itself is clean and welcoming. Overall, I would say that Evergreen Commons is a great option when looking for help in caring for your loved ones.

About Evergreen Commons

Evergreen Commons is a nursing home in East Greenbush, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Evergreen Commons for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Evergreen Commons

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: