Split Rock Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

Reviews of Split Rock Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

3.5

March 26, 2015

By Carly123

my mother received excellent rehabilitation services in the facility. Most staff were very helpful and friendly. They are working on the facility, but there was no noise on my mothers floor.

December 27, 2009

By bikachick

If you love your elder family member don't send them to Split Rock

My father was a patient at split rock for a week. The floor smelled of foul human odor. It smelled like infected blood to me. My poor father layed in vomit for at least an hour when I arrived I dont know for how much before I arrived. Feces seeping out of his diaper twice!!! Was with my father all day on Saturday and Sunday, was not turned or moved or changed the whole day. Called social worker and supervisiors numerous times never returned any of my calls. Asked for the patient relations phones number, and was told to fetch it in the lounge - nowhere to be found to say the least. Patients asking for money?? Its horrible to see what healthcare has become. People dont care about others its just a paycheck. NO ONE SHOULD EVER BE MISTREATED THIS WAY!!

Photos of Split Rock Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

Features of Split Rock Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses

• Financial Guidance Extra: We Help With Medicaid Application

• Staff Patient Ratio: 6:1

About Split Rock Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

The first thing everyone notices about Split Rock, is the genuine warmth and the friendliness. We are all about creating that feeling of home. Our residents are charged with creating their own environment to ensure they are most comfortable during their stay here.

During your stay, we work closely with family to ensure they are closely involved in your care. We encourage lots visits, invite them to care planning meetings, and schedule lots of phone calls and letter writing, which all helps keep the connection to home.

Our expert care led a multidisciplinary team of nurses, social workers and therapists, work closely together to bring our residents to their highest level of function. Both during their stay here, and after discharge through our Adult Day Care & Home Care programs, our goal is to maximize the patient’s ability and return them to their prior state.

When a patient is ready to be discharged, it can sometimes be frightening for them. But at Split Rock, our goal is to return them to the community in comfort. This includes a regimen of follow-up care, housing and medical assistance, and care counseling, which helps make the transition smooth and pleasant.

Smiles really do help with recovery. Our hand picked staff are not only chosen for their expertise in their professional fields, but also we ensure they are friendly and outgoing. And everyone at Split Rock knows that the administration is always interacting with both staff and residents, making sure everyone has a chance to be heard.

Come and experience the warmth of Split Rock. We can’t wait to share it with you.

We are the premier center for nursing and rehabilitation in the Bronx, NY

Map of Split Rock Rehabilitation and Health Care Center