Cherry Hill Healthcare Center

1250 JEFF GERMANY PARKWAY, Birmingham, AL, 35214

Reviews of Cherry Hill Healthcare Center

Caring42501 April 30, 2013

We chose Cherry Hill for my mom because it had a high rating as far as Medicaid state ratings. It's clean and not too large. It always smells good. The people are friendly and the care they give so far has been pretty good. My mom is in a semi-private room. It has two beds, a place for clothing, a night stand, and a TV. The food seems to be okay. On a scale of 1 to 10, it's about an 8. I really like Cherry Hill's caregivers, occupational therapists and doctors. The facility is also closest to a hospital that I could find so far.

They can improve on following-up with doctors orders. If the orders came from the day shift, the night shift staff didn't know about it. If they only just followed-up on orders and made sure every shift was doing the same thing. For example, my mother was supposed to get up off the bed once a day. When I came back, I found that she was on the bed all day and another shift didn't know about it.

markydeshadey August 28, 2012

I made a short visit to this lovely facility to see what they had to offer. The facility is fairly new and top of the line in appearance. It is one of the smaller facilities that I have visited, but I took that as a plus because I was looking for a place where the residents get close, attentive care. They have both an in-patient facility with a full staff as well as assisted living apartments which offer amenities such as housekeeping and the like.Also the location is not only beautiful, but nestled in a quiet, low-traffic community. The staff seemed genuinely nice, and they definitely know how to maintain a clean and glistening facility. A major concern of mine was the use of harsh cleaning products, I forgot to ask the staff, but I did not detect anything that would be hazardous to the respatory system. I am still considering this location.

Sherri Wilson May 18, 2012

I am not too pleased with the facilities my grandmother is in. We really havent had excellent experience with any nursery home! The facility she's at now has a few problem. One being the cleanliness of the facility. When we visit the facility there is always a terrible oder. Smells like pee. Then the staff does not really care for elders that are there. The majority of the elders walk around smelling horrible from where they have pooped in their diapers. Sometimes they put my grandmother to sleep with poop all in her diaper. I really feel uncomfortabl with her being at this facility but it's actually better than the first one she was at. I feel like i have to visit my grandmother everday to make sure she's properly treated and i shouldn't have to because i pay the facility very well to take care of her. I have complained to the staff and managment on numerous occasions but nothing really gets done. I've noticed that when you have to depend on others to take care of your family, they dont treat them half as good as they would treat their own. I wish i could take care of my grandma myself and then i wouldn't have to worry so much.. P.S I really don't think my grandmother likes it their either some days, she just cries continuously and i don't know why. She's incapable of holding a coversation.

About Cherry Hill Healthcare Center

Cherry Hill Healthcare Center is a nursing home in Birmingham, AL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Cherry Hill Healthcare Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Cherry Hill Healthcare Center