Future Care Chesapeake

305 COLLEGE PARKWAY, Arnold, MD, 21012

Reviews of Future Care Chesapeake

June 16, 2016

By AB482025

My mother stayed at a rehab facility called Future Care Chesapeake. The amenities were limited, and the facility looked a little tired. It could've used fresh paint. The nightstand she had was pretty beat up. However, the care that she received was excellent from the nursing staff to the nurse's aides, and to the physical therapy department. They were all just fabulous. The dining room was under renovation the entire time she was there. They completely redid the room, and once it was finished, it was gorgeous. She was in daily rehab the whole time. Although she received excellent care, they were not really up on her dietary needs. She was diabetic and she would have foods that were high in salt which would make her blood pressure go up. One time, she got a meal with three things on the plate, and all three of them were mayonnaise-based.

February 13, 2016

By Mehartz

Nursing care was slow and did not pay attention to the patient. My relative continually had to ask non responsive staff for her pain medications who, instead of getting the meds made excuses and walked away. The facility was under renovation, hopefully they will improve on the less than builder grade materials they used.

March 23, 2015

By aconcernedfriend

My Dad stayed here until he passed. I would highly recommend using any other facility. I often heard patients screaming out for "Help" from their rooms without anyone coming to see what was the problem. When my Dad needed to go to the bathroom, and hit the nurse call button to get help as instructed, and more often than not, had to wait an hour or more to have a nurse or aid respond to him. A 90 year old patient cant wait that long to go to the bathroom. When they need to go, they need to go! . He often had embarrassing and humiliating accidents as a result. Our family was told that they could not help move him to the bathroom for liability reasons. Thank God we didn't follow that advice. He would never have made it without us there helping all of the time. After walking the halls at night for sometimes a half hour or more, family members often could not find a single nurse or aide available to help us with Dad. Dad expressed anxiety and developed nightmares about not having anyone respond to his call button when he was dying or having an acute episode. We eventually took over as much of his care as possible and had family there as much as possible to make sure Dad was ok. Once the Future Care staff tried a new pain drug on him, and he went completely unconscious and non responsive, The nurses were not able to get a supervisor's timely approval as required to transport him to the hospital. Dad was finally transferred to the hospital emergency room at our insistence and demand. If family had not been there, I don't think he would have lived through the night. There were many other problems there. His catheter was supposed to be changed monthly as per the Doctors orders. In fact a whole month was skipped. Why? Because the staff said Dad supposedly "told them he didn't want it done". We didn't believe that at all. This was an inadequate excuse anyway. Complete irresponsibility. Our family was there every day, we had his medical power of attorney, and yet the staff never mentioned to us anything about his missed catheter change! ! Nor was his urologist informed. It was finally changed a month late, and he soon thereafter died of urinary sepsis. I feel a direct result of his lack of proper care. I fear for the care any patient gets there. While the nurses generally seemed caring , they simply were given too many patients to do a good job for any single patient. It's not a safe place to leave a loved one in my opinion, I never would use this facility again. Talk to the patients there. Ask patients how hard or easy it is to get a nurse or aide to help them. Walk the halls and listen to people calling out. You wont want to leave anyone you care about here.

March 10, 2012

By breezy1

My father had a heart attack in 2011 and was not able to go directly home after being released from the hospital. It was a difficult time in my life as I was unused to seeing my father in poor health. We hoped that the facility, which was close to my parent's house, would help him get better quickly and be able to go home. Unfortunately the facility was not the best of facilities and was not what I had hoped for when we chose it. It was drab and dreary and did not have any single rooms. My father had to share a room with a gentleman who liked to listen to the television very loudly. The staff was nice but it was very much an institutional setting and I was grateful that my father did not have to stay more than a week. In some ways the fact that the facility was so drab and dreary may have contributed to my father's desire to get better quickly so he could go home.

Features of Future Care Chesapeake

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Future Care Chesapeake

Future Care Chesapeake is a nursing home in Arnold, MD that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Future Care Chesapeake for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Future Care Chesapeake