Porter Place

17833 Harlem Avenue, Tinley Park, IL, 60477

Contact Now

Reviews of Porter Place

Cassie688131 April 29, 2017

From the moment I walked in, everyone you meet is kind, patient, and caring! You are surrounded by smiling faces. The facility is clean and calming. The staff is attentive and works at the resident's pace, not rushing or impatient! Wonderful place!

April728646 April 18, 2017

I thank God every day that we found Porter Place! The care my father receives is exceptional! The staff I cannot say enough great things about. From the nurses, cooks, maintenance to the office staff feels like family.

gabbyl March 11, 2017

I like the facility and some of the RN's are great, 1 not so much. The facility in Tinley Park, Il lacks enough staff, and the director doesn't seem to understand the demented mind, everything seems to be 'by the book' without looking into why a resident does what they do. Also, management doesn't 'manage' the aides, they pretty much do as they please. If they had adequate staffing, and some management changes were made, the Tinley Porter Place facility could be a great place to send a loved one.
Dear Gabbyl: Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of Porter Place. Your feedback helps us improve the quality and service we provide to our residents and family members. I am sorry your experience was not a positive one. We are constantly striving to improve the knowledge and skills of our caregivers and management team. Our entire team recently completed an advanced 4 hour training in Alzheimer's and dementia care (in addition to our ongoing monthly training program). I would appreciate an opportunity to discuss the concerns expressed in your review. Please give me a call at your convenience.

Claudette242076 November 02, 2016

Everybody at Porter Place seems to be nice and attentive. The facility is nice, and the room is large enough. Some of the rooms are furnished, but mom has her own furniture. What I don't like about it is that you don't have access and you have to wait to get in and out, so there's always somebody at the front desk so you can get buzzed in, and when it's time for you to leave, you have to find somebody especially if you wait after 8:00 because nobody's at the front desk after 8:00.

From Porter Place

Porter Place is a brand new 66-suite Anthem Memory Care community, and is open with immediate availability. We are located in the charming suburb of Tinley Park, Illinois.

Surrounded by picturesque parks and a large forest preserve, Porter Place is located close to a beautiful residential neighborhood, enhancing the homelike environment that is such an important part of the Anthem Memory Care philosophy. The property has been designed from the ground up specifically to optimize the experience of those individuals with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. Executive director, Carolyn Croswell, was hand selected for her breadth of experience in memory care and her passion to serve. Carolyn has put together a talented team of energetic, skilled and dedicated individuals who are ready and eager to provide the highest level of care for your loved one.

Amenities

As an Anthem Memory Care community, we provide a comprehensive set of amenities in areas of wellness, health and safety. They are designed to work together holistically to provide for your loved one’s every need.

Wellness

• Highly-Trained Staff
  • Secure Community Environment
  • State-of-the-Art Monitoring System

Our Mission

We are committed to creating a safe, active, and friendly environment, to fulfilling our residents’ desire for understanding and significance, to pursuing personal and professional growth, and to providing peace of mind in everything we do. Our mission is all about optimizing the potential for cognitively impaired individuals to find comfort, joy and a connection with the world around them. We do this by:

• Protecting them without inhibiting them, while preserving their inner spark
  • Engaging with them in positive ways that help re-connect them to others and themselves
  • Providing a loving, compassionate environment that supports the growth and wellbeing of every individual who works, visits and lives within our communities

Thank you for your interest at Porter Place. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Features of Porter Place