Somerford Place of Redlands | Memory Care

1319 Brookside Avenue, Redlands, CA, 92373

Reviews of Somerford Place of Redlands | Memory Care

Mike107038250 May 15, 2015

Somerford Place of Redlands offered numerous amenities for Alzheimer's patients. All of the amenities were fair. Also, they did offer some solutions on helping me tell my mother that this is where you're going. You can put them in there for a day or two at a time like test residents -- which I thought was good -- so that was their biggest aspect as far as I'm concerned. Somerford Place of Redlands was well done and very well gated, so that residents can't get out or go hurt themselves. The rooms were nice, but they're really not going to be compatible for adults that have very large homes. However, the staff was great. They were really great. With the lady that took me around and all the people that I interacted with -- e.g., some staff people that were trying to care for some Alzheimer's patients -- I was very pleased with what I saw.

Caring74802850 January 18, 2014

We also went to Somerford Place. A person took us on a tour to see the room and talked about the facility and the amenities. It was a single story facility with different little activity areas and a couple of dining rooms. The staff was very nice. We met different caregivers. It was a memory care facility so the people there a had more severe mental issues. When we went there, I was looking if dad could comet here during the day when I went to work and pick him up from adult day care later. It was on a weekend and we saw a lot of people just sitting with someone else and were not active. But during the week, people brought their parents or whoever they wanted to stay there while they go to work. It was a little bit depressing with my father. Because he was pretty active and he plays cards and does a lot of things and the people that he saw there were not active. When we left there he said: "I am okay where I am". However, the facility seemed very secure. If you had a family member that you were concerned about wondering, it would be very difficult for them to get out. They had a little nice garden area. The place was quiet and there wasn't any festive decoration. They followed up with me the day after our visited and we had any questions.

Jenny4 October 30, 2012

After my uncle had a stroke and his dementia started setting in, my parents put him in this home. This place has done a better job of caring for my uncle than my family ever could. He now seems much happier and tranquil than he did before. They offer a great service to those dealing with various kinds of dementia, especially Alzheimer's disease. The staff is specially trained to deal with dementia, and the special focus on a single type of assisted-living care makes them especially skilled in treating and assisting those with memory-loss symptoms. The center is located in a rather quiet residential area, allowing a sense of tranquillity to exist throughout the area. Moreover, the area lends itself to convenience; there are two hospitals and two medical centres within seven miles of Somerford Place. The climate is also warm and dry year-round, which is beneficial to older folk like my uncle because it helps keep away the stiffness that accompanies colder weather.

victor a January 08, 2012

This facility is great, I had my husband here for three years, and he was cared for as if he were their own family! The carestaff is very involved in the residents daily activities, and you can tell they love what they do! The building is also very accessible for the residents, and maintained to a high standard.

From Somerford Place of Redlands

At Somerford Place, we understand the challenges for those living with memory loss and for the people who love them. Providing care and support twenty-four hours a day takes a great amount of energy, emotional strength and a great deal of support. Our award-winning Bridge to Rediscoveryâ„¢ program helps give people with Alzheimer's and other types of dementias the specialized care they need as they rediscover the joy in everyday life. We have day, overnight and live-in options to fit any of your needs.

Nice large backyard and two outside courtyards.

Features of Somerford Place of Redlands