Morningside Place

6921 W 81st St, Overland Park, KS, 66204

Contact Now

Reviews of Morningside Place

Caring FriendXSSVB May 11, 2016

I had an amazing visit at Cypress Springs. They were very friendly, very clean, and very well educated. The residents were playing bingo when I got there and winning prizes. It was very interesting to see how they handled that, and it went very well. The rooms were nice, clean, and were what I expected to see for the prices that they had. The dining area was like any other common area. What stood out was mostly the staff.

Caring31755550 May 11, 2016

We chose Cypress Springs Overland Park because they kept calling me and none of the others followed up as well as they did, so we did not visit any others. My husband just moved in, and my initial impression was that they have a lot of activities for their residents, but now I see that they don't really have as much as I had hoped for. I am not complaining, but it isn't what I expected. They have nice people and nice attendants, but he hasn't really integrated well yet. His room is small, and we have not moved his furniture in because I have a month to decide whether he will stay there or move him back to the other place. The only reason I am not giving them a perfect rating is because they lack activities.

Deb39 March 31, 2016

The staff is great, knowledgeable and supportive. The facility is clean and bright. We are very happy with our choice of Cypress Springs for our loved one.

F. and F. January 31, 2016

Wonderful everyone. People or like they say a family that you could really see and feel. Thank you Caring.com for helping us.

Caring110899850 September 30, 2015

The care at Cypress Springs went fine; the staff was good. It was always clean with a nice yard. I think it’s a good place from what I’ve seen. It’s a small place; it’s only one floor. They have pretty good activities; my husband went on one field trip. I would recommend it, but people have to look or visit because it’s not a big building.

Geoff & Brenda April 30, 2015

My mom is happy when we visit. She was also an exit seeker at other facility and they have been able to keep that under control.

vandyman December 18, 2014

We brought our mother from another retirement home four months ago because their treatment of her dementia of stage 3 , unable to give her proper care, She appeared over medication and near death. Even though Hospice as been provided, she seems to have revived from their care. They have a Great attitude,willingness to work with all family needs-such as not over medicating,and respecting the lives of our loved ones.I plan to write more reviews as life progresses with our mother.

Leesa1 October 27, 2014

I took my husband to live here with severe dementia. They could not handle him and I had me stay with him the first night and had me come stay with him 5 days in a row. He attacked the administrator and she called the police. REALLY! Sent him by ambulance to hospital. They have a beautiful facility but are not trained or experienced enough to handle dementia or Alzheimer's. I have since moved him to a different care facility. It's not as fancy but care is superior. Also Cypress charged me the full month even tho he was only there less than 1week. And threatened me they could charge me for the next month. Unprofessional, poorly trained, inept staff and management.

Carol49 August 28, 2013

Cypress Springs is a new facility. It is also very nice and of good size. At that time of my visit there, they only had like 18 people living there because they had just finished building not too long before that. Their staff members were very friendly. They offered right away to do an assessment that day when we visited and they were very nice. They just didn't have a staff at that point in time for the care that my sister-in-law needed.

From Morningside Place

Welcome to Morningside Place

Morningside Place located Overland Park, Kansas whose historic downtown area is rich with vibrant history. An Anthem Memory Care Community – Committed in being the leader in providing quality personal services for our residents, while honoring the experience of aging.

Morningside Place offers the distinctive memory care program developed by Anthem Memory Care, Meaningful Moments which is based on engaging residents in past routines and preferences created by them prior to the illness. This provides the resident with feelings of safety and belonging throughout the stages of the disease.

Our dining program offers six eating opportunities a day to ensure proper nutrition and hydration, while honoring personal preferences. We believe dining is an experience and we offer only the best. We understand the challenges families face when making the decision to place a loved one and have programs designed with you in mind such as support groups and educational presentations.

Memory Care in Overland Park

Often the mental demands of those struggling with Alzheimer's disease can take over the emotional needs of this population. But at Morningside Place in Overland Park, KS we keep the emotional needs and feelings of your loved one at the very center of what we do.

Our exclusive Meaningful Moments® program is specifically designed to help meet the needs of those residents with memory loss. We begin by finding out the life story of each individual by finding out their preferences, likes, dislikes and cherished memories. By adding details and preferences from the residents' life stories into their day we can build comfort and a sense of meaning for each resident individually. The result is a familiar atmosphere for your loved one.

Our residents have access to a whole host of amenities and programming options to help keep them active and engaged in daily life.

There are excursions to restaurants and shopping, arts and crafts classes, movie nights and many chances for family and holiday celebrations. Our Meaningful Moments® program, paired with our active and engaged staff members, Morningside Place brings together the very best Alzheimer's care in Overland Park, KS.

• Pre-admission home visit and assessment
  • Specially trained staff to assist with all aspects of care while maximizing and encouraging independence
  • A fully supervised, success-oriented activities program
  • Regularly scheduled social events with family involvement welcomed
  • Three nutritious meals served daily, with snacks available throughout the day
  • Supervised outings to nearby points of interest Furnished linens and routine housekeeping
  • Comfortable, attractively decorated living rooms, activity rooms and private conversation areas
  • Cable TV and fireplace in living rooms
  • Beautifully landscaped secured courtyard with walking areas
  • Individualized service plans
  • Electronically monitored security system
  • TV and phone outlets in all resident rooms
  • Support groups, educational programs and referral services

Thank you for your interest at Morningside Place. Please give us a call and we will be happy to assist you.

Features of Morningside Place