The Villas at Sunset Bay

7423 Kauai Loop, New Port Richey, FL, 34653

Reviews of The Villas at Sunset Bay

Barbara Klein April 26, 2016

We moved our father here after being disappointed in the facility we had originally chosen. There was no comparison, The Villas at Sunset Bay is everything and then some of what we were told and have seen with our own eyes. This place has the best staff, they are full of compassion for your loved one that you will go home so happy that you chose this home.Your parent or loved one will always be safe, busy,loved, fed, and surrounded by others that share the same memory struggles in life. I am so glad we chose this home for my dad to spend his life in. Go and take a visit you will not regret it. Trust me .

Christine115709250 November 10, 2015

My parents are staying at The Villas at Sunset Bay. My stepdad has to have a feeding tube, and this is the only facility that could accommodate the feeding tube. My stepdad has Alzheimer's, and my mother has dementia. They have activities, but my stepdad doesn't participate often. The rooms are a little small for two people, but other than that, I don't have any complaints with them. So far, everybody that I have spoken to has been really nice. They seem well informed.

Caring111925250 August 22, 2015

At The Villas At Sunset Bay, the rooms seemed very clean and spacious. I was comfortable during my visit there.

Laura102684550 February 22, 2015

The staff is outstanding. They are very attentive to my mother, they know how to engage her, and if ever there was an issue or a problem, they keep me informed routinely. The food is outstanding, and they have 24/7 access for me. They have singers that routinely come in, they have bingo pretty much on a daily basis, and they have different activities that are seasonal like making Valentine's that kind of thing. Every Friday, they go on outings. Sometimes it is just a ride in the van, sometimes it is shopping or sightseeing. They are very clean -- that was one of the first things I noticed when I entered it. It reminds me of a high-end hotel dorm setting. There are three floors, and they have common areas, a kitchenette on each end of the floor, and rooms off of the common areas, so they can sit and watch television out in the hall, they can participate in the common area and the kitchenette, they have an aviary where they have benches that are there, they have a bistro that is the restaurant, they have a separate conference room, dining room that if you ever wanted to have a party or something for your loved one, you could preserve that room, and they have a media room. The only thing I wish the Villas had is a larger outdoor patio area for the residents.

Liz Figueroa September 16, 2013

Not very happy with this facility!! We moved my dad into this facility a few weeks ago because it was closer for us his children than the nursing in Largo he was in. We searched many facilities in the New Port Richey area and thought the Villas @ Sunset Bay would be the best place for dad - it's a nice looking place, clean and had a homey feeling. But guess what, our biggest mistake was placing dad in this facility. They don't answer residents call bells - my dad has had to wait more than 1/2 hour at times before someone comes to check on him when he pulls the bell cord. He's actually had to call my sister at work to call someone at the facility because no one is answering his call. I've witnessed the way some of the aides speak to their residence and not the way I want my dad spoken to. They strip their residents of their dignity. It took them 5 days before they gave my dad a bath - unbelievable and when I said something to an aide about that she just said we have a resident who hasn't been bathed in 3 weeks - that is totally unacceptable. I could go on and on about things I've seen with the lack of care towards my dad. As a result of all this we are pulling my dad out of this facility. I do not recommend this place for anyone to bring their loved ones to. Heck I wouldn't even bring my dog there. Don't let the nice furniture and homey feeling fool you. i gave it one star because it requires a rate to submit this review - but even that one star is too much......

Busybees July 27, 2013

The employees here really care, when I moved my husband in the girls all asked what he was interested in, what his favorite foods were, and if he had any type of daily routine that they could help to fit into his new living arrangement. He's been there a while now and is just happy as can be! I highly recommend this facility to everyone!

diana k April 02, 2013

This place is awful, it is run in a very unproffessional manner more so than any other facility in Pasco County!!! The staff is totally incompetent, mostly young inexperienced kids more interested in making a buck than caring for the elderly.Staff showing up intoxicated,, spending more time in vehicles carrying on with other staff than caring for residents. This place is a joke, wont be around much longer!!!! Stay away from this dump!

caring1720 February 19, 2013

We decided to place my sister in Villas at Sunset Bay because it's very close to home. The staff is very attentive and very good. The rooms are very nice, well-kept, and cleaned every day. They have the usual activities like, craft classes, bingo, and exercises. It's a very nice place, but it's a little cramped. A larger facility would be better.

daughtermargie December 25, 2012

This place should be closed. They ignored my mom for 8 days with heart atfack. Would you want to suffer 8 days frim a heart attack? This place has a high turnover of medical staff..wonder why?

high hopes... September 22, 2012

The facility itself was quite nicely decorated. It was airy and pleasing to the eye. We met with the Admissions Coordinator who was very informative and promised to be personally involved with meeting with my Uncle to see if the facility was a good fit for his needs.My Uncle was moved to The Villas two days later. A hospital bed and wheelchair was obtained for him, and his wife had friend bring up furniture from home to decorate his room. She was there when he arrived on a stretcher. He was extremely sedated and was immediately put to bed. When his wife arrived the next day he was still quite groggy but had been taken to the dining room. He was sitting in his wheel chair, slumped over the table with his head resting on a bed pillow. He remained unresponsive for the rest of the day and into the evening. There was no suggestion from the staff that his doctor be called and no explanation as to why he remained so groggy.His wife reported that when she checked him before she went home, his diaper was saturated and that the staff had not responded to her request that he be tended to. On his third day at The Villas, his wife asked that they check him for a fever. It was finally taken and he did indeed have a high fever. He was then transported to a nearby hospital.The Villas is a beautiful place, but they failed to respond to a very ill man upon admission. If they felt he was too ill to be cared for by their staff, they should have advised his wife so that other arrangements could be made. Once he was admitted to the hospital his health worsened and within days was placed in a hospice where he passed away a week or so later.

Caring and Concerned July 16, 2012

I have visited several Assisted Living Communities in the New Port Richey area and I have been visiting The Villas over the past 2 years. This community was recently purchased and has under gone a major renovation and staff change. NO community is perfect and you are not going to please everyone. Overall I have found the staff and management team to be very helpful and attentive to their residents. Have there been mistakes, yes. Have they corrected them, yes. The food is wonderful, no odors in the hallways, the community is clean, and I truly believe the management/staff have the resident's as their #1 priority. This is not an easy job and I think we need to appreciate what this group of individuals is doing .

they lie May 14, 2012

My Uncle was admitted to the Alzheimer's section on a Thursday afternoon. He was sleeping most of the next day and his wife was with him. By Friday, he was running a fever, was unresponsive and had to be hospitalized. When he reached the E.R., they removed a totally saturated and soiled diaper, which had been so wet that it had soaked into a mattress pad underneath it. My Uncle has a red/blistered genital area now. He was supposed to be changed every 2 hours, but it was not done. He fell asleep at a dining room table with a pillow on the table for his head and was still there after 9 pm that night. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. It looks great but they obviously don't take very good care of their residents. Oh, the kitchen also is closed after dinner, so you can't get any snacks for someone either.

AnaMarie March 06, 2012

This place is awesome. The staff members are very nice and always took good care of my grandmother. She feels at home and when taken out she always asks when will she be back. She loves the activities they do and the food is absolutely delicious. I've eaten there a couple times. I would highly recommend the villas at sunset bay for a loved one.

cruzen January 23, 2012

Other

My mother is in this place and its the worse place. They are severly short staffed only 2-3 staff on at night. My mother is always wet, never changed, not enought to eat after the dining room closes for dinner. My moms clothes are always missing, medication not given at the right time of morning. No resident trips and no evening activities. My mom sits in a chair all night and just stares at the walls, ignored and bored. I'm working on moving her out and have complained many times to the director and care coordinator, nothing is done unless your a favorite. Most of the staff speak spanish and I can barely understand and my mom has no ides what they say to her. Terrible!!

Aberdoo October 28, 2011

Other

This is the worst place ever. Itlooks good at first but that's all a show. The residents can only eat during meal times and they make them get up at 5am. There is only a nurse on duty during the day Monday through Friday. They have roaches and ants in the building and not enough CNA's for all of their residents. I would NEVER put a loved one in such a horrible place.

From The Villas at Sunset Bay

At The Villas at Sunset Bay we focus on daily fulfillment with intensive staff support who understand the various stages associated with Alzheimer's and dementia. Effective communication, appropriate cueing and intervention and use of verbal and non-verbal strategies for success are important for our program.

Our community provides a warm, inviting, and soothing environment with well appointed living rooms, parlors, a spacious dining hall, State of the Art Community Center, a modern hair and nail salon and On-site Rehabilitation services. Residents also enjoy the screened patio and porch with rockers and bistro tables.

Features of The Villas at Sunset Bay