Parkside Manor | Kenosha, WI

6300 67th Street, Kenosha, WI, 53142

Reviews of Parkside Manor | Kenosha, WI

CathalsMom March 19, 2015

Other

I have been a volunteer at Parkside Manor for over 3 years. I visit weekly with my therapy dogs. I have visited numerous facilities in the years I have been involved in therapy dog work, and find Parkside Manor to be one of the best. The staff is hands on and friendly and they are always visible. The facility is clean and well maintained. I have formed wonderful friendships with the residences and throughly enjoy my visits and they, mine. Part of that enjoyment is due to the caring staff and management. When I visit I never feel like I am entering an institution, but rather a warm environment. It always smells fresh and clean and the residences are smiling and interactive.

amyv March 18, 2015

My father is 75 years old and has Alzheimer's disease. Over the last 6 years it has progressively gotten worse as we expected. Two and a half years ago i became legal guardian of him due to the illness and his inability to care for himself. We took a big step and moved him from his home in Oregon. He lived with my husband and me for about 2 months before we realized we would not be able to care for him in our home either. It was scary to leave him home alone all day while we were at work, scary that he might take a walk and not find his way back, scary that he might try to cook and start a fire, etc. I began the task of trying to find good, clean, friendly assisted living for my Dad. A Parkside Manor staff member came to our home to evaluate and meet my Dad after we had toured the facility. The place impressed us right away because everyone from the front desk staff to the nursing staff to the kitchen staff was friendly and helpful to our questions. My Dad is vegetarian and they accommodate that for us, they wash his clothes and bedding, feed him, give him his meals, bring his medications to him twice a day and have plenty of activities for all the residents to do both day and night. In the warmer months they go on outings which he loves. It's clean and everyone seems to help out as team to provide the care the residents need. It takes special people to care for someone with a memory problem. It can be frustrating because they need help remembering to do basic daily personal cares, they repeat questions over and over, and sometimes don't have a grasp on the world they are in here and now. Parkside Manor's staff members are all wonderful to both the residents and their visitors. They handle residents with respect and dignity which is very important to me. I plan on keeping my Dad at Parkside Manor for the length of his illness because of the care he gets and the peace of mind it gives me and my family.

From Parkside Manor

Our memory care community in Kenosha has been purposefully designed to provide your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

Memory Care
  • Emergency Response System
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team, served 3 times a day 24-hour
  • Staffing Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Personalized Care Plans
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program

Close proximity to afosters frequent intergenerationn elementary school, and day care facility which fosters intergenerational programs, Our community is designed to promote exercise, with indoor and outdoor walking paths, We offer beautifully landscaped and secure interior courtyards, that allow residents outdoor enjoyment and include raised flower beds so they can pursue their interests in gardening or raising flowers, All of our bathrooms are designed with seniors safety in mind including automatic sensor lighting, nonslip flooring, and walk in showers.

Features of Parkside Manor