The Inn At Cass Lake

900 N Cass Lake Rd, Waterford, MI, 48328

Reviews of The Inn At Cass Lake

Judy120701750 February 23, 2016

The Inn At Cass Lake was a very loving community. Everybody was very nice. My mom’s room had a little kitchenette with a refrigerator, a living room, a nice-sized bedroom, and a bathroom. They had a lot of activities there, like card games, and an activity room where they do crafts and stuff. They had entertainment at least twice a week and exercise classes; there was always something going on. The food was pretty good.

Jeanne33 December 21, 2015

We found the Inn to be a very open and caring community. The people had a lot options of different things to do. They provided a lot of levels of care. They have live entertainment once a week, exercise classes five days a week, and different game activities several times a day. There’s a library, exercise room, and a beauty shop. They have a chef that prepares their meals, of which residents had four choices, so there’s something to accommodate everyone. All of the rooms were very nice. They have single rooms, one-bedrooms, and two-bedrooms available.

Kim110441050 June 30, 2015

I chose The Inn at Cass Lake because it was closer to my house. They had exercise programs and different levels of care. The place was very clean and the people were very efficient and nice. The room was like a studio with three closets in it. I wish you could take two of the closets out, but some people had more stuff than others did. The bathroom was big. The room was nice. It had a little deck on it so you could be able to go outside if you want.

Caring108281250 June 16, 2015

The Inn provides three meals a day; they have full breakfast, their main meal is lunch, and then they have an evening meal. The staff was very nice, and they have a gazillion of activities.

family=caring June 12, 2015

The facility is pretty, but the office staff is rude and uncaring.If situations occur they act as if it is an inconvenience to here complaints or concerns always shifting the blame else where!We have had multiple issue with the keys not working in the apartment door & made 4 contacts with them about it with very little concern.The aide staff is not my favorite @ times but their are a few i really like . housekeeping staff some can't speak english which is a issue for residents with dementia and hearing issues.the activities director is great at interacting with reaidents & plans great events for entertainment.

Hi - I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement home office. I'm so sorry to hear that your family member is having a negative experience at The Inn at Cass Lake, and am even more upset to hear that it's because of our associates. Being rude and abrupt with residents and their families is absolutely uncalled for and will not be tolerated. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've passed your review onto our Resident Relations department for further investigation and action. Please know that you're welcome to call them as well if you have anything else to add. Their number is 1-800-370-8331. Thank you, and my apologies, Katie

maggie dear December 10, 2014

I am a family member. And the facility is great. Very open and great. But the staff seems to be very busy and when it comes to a resident that needs more work as our aunt they dont seem to have much time. My aunt says she is blown off a lot. As well there is a resident that we see very often when we visit, he use to make us a little nervous but after getting to know him, he is so nice and talkative, very. but my husband and i can tell he is just old, and wants to chit chat. he is known as the guy who walks, my aunt talks of him often and worries that the staff is not trying with him. The concern she has with seeing the staff not take time out with this resident and seem burdened by him, and gossiping with residents about him instead of helping the residents understand he is just different is hard for her, With our aunts Alzheimers progressing she is worried how she will be treated after watching them treat this other resident as a burden. She currently has us looking for other homes before she progresses so she feels comfortbale in the care, after she progresses. Other then management the facility idea is great.

Hi Maggie, Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. Each Holiday resident should feel comfortable and engaged, so I agree that your aunt's concerns are very valid. Could you please call our Resident Relations department at 1-800-370-8331 at your convenience to further voice your concern? Thank you again,

Hazel4 December 09, 2014

The Inn at Cass Lake is a beautiful facility, but their rooms are a little bit smaller. What I don’t like about them is that they only have one elevator. It's an independent living, but nobody has a cooking stove. They only have a microwave. The dining area is very huge with lots of windows, and it's very inviting. I like the outside of the building and the grounds. The staff are friendly and informative, although they are more expensive.

Caring96233450 October 25, 2014

We have already made a decision, and my loved one has moved in. She is at Inn at Cass Lake. My overall experience with the community is very positive. The rooms and surroundings are very nice. It is a mid-size type of community. It took a couple of months, but she is very happy now.

herschel August 17, 2014

One of the nicest communities we have visited. Director we spoke with really encourages pets (we have a cat). Rent includes all fees except phone. Weekly housekeeping, linen service and even free toilet paper. She also seems to really care about her clients. Nice uplifting decor; dedicated chapel space. Artwork everywhere (some by residents). Residents we have met are enthusiastic about it. Director confide that the company (Holiday) makes them invite potential residents to meals and other events, but it builds a relationship with the community.

Caring86064450 June 28, 2014

My husband and I went to the Inn. They have something like a gathering room right when you came in where people would sit and talk, and also an individual wouldn't feel alienated. I think they had a studio and an apartment type. They wouldn't have just only a studio because there were couples living there.

They fed us a dinner; the food seemed healthy. They had a resident come up to us and talk about the place, and she said it's been a good experience. Even the chef came out to talk to the residents. I thought it was nice that he came out, and he was properly dressed in white and a white hat.

They had a local brass band coming in to play music for them as we were leaving. They had activities. They had disco night, a lot of entertainment. I think they have 3 buses. It was run by a husband and wife team who were in their 50s. They were like their home away from home. They were very knowledgeable on everything. Everybody looked like they were happy. They weren't all hunched over the tables. I went away from there feeling very good.

Patty20 November 22, 2013

My mom has been in The Inn at Cass Lake for three weeks now. I like this place. It seems very welcoming and friendly. They really encourage the family to come visit her on a regular basis. Aside from that, they also let me eat with her there any of the meals that she has for free. The food is fabulous! They're always making these different dishes. If I had my way though, they would be serving soda pop instead of iced tea and lemonade. I like soda pop, but you can always buy it in the vending machine if you want it. They also have constant entertainment there. I also chose this facility because I don't want my mom to cook. There, she gets three meals a day and I'm not grocery shopping for her, I don't need to, so that's a good thing.

Right now my mom is getting used to living there. It was a big transition to move her. However, it is very nice there. Her apartment is large and roomy. Her bathroom is accessible. It would only take about 8 steps from her bed. However, I'm not excited about the price. I was a little disappointment about having to put down so much money as a deposit. In fact, I was totally taken back and shocked. But the good thing is, they let me move in and they didn't charge me for the first two weeks. They also said I could eat there for three months with no charges. This facility is local, so its location is also perfect. It's near my mom's old home, which means that her family and friends don't have to drive an extended period of time if they want to visit her there. At that time, I had two days to find a place for her, but it turned out that this facility is a great choice.

Sheila5 September 30, 2013

My mom is a current resident of Inn At Cass Lake. She has been there for 14 months now. She has an apartment with a living room, a bedroom, a little balcony, and a big bathroom. She has lots of closets too. However, she only has a kitchenette with a refrigerator and not a full kitchen. Currently, she is doing great! She was like, "This is a pretty good place to stay!" I do go there all the time and I ate with my mom. Most of the food they serve I like, but some I don't like that much. With regards to staff, they're really attentive to their residents. I really appreciate the staff there.

The Inn at Cass Lake is an independent living but they do have daycare services right in the place. The best thing about this place is that it's open and cheerful. The hallways are wider and the activity room is more open and central. Their dining room is really nice. All the residents mingle and talk to each other. Some of the places I went to, there wasn't much communication between their residents. They have activities. They have more board games, bingo and stuff like that. They didn't have word games like they have in other facility. They do have a bus that takes their residents to different places on field trips. Every Saturday they have some kind of different entertainment. Sometimes they would have parties. Because it's independent and not assisted living, they don't have a bell system. They have a check-in and check-out system for workers like contractors, nurses, doctors, and people who come in, but they don't require the residents to check out. So how are they going to know they're not checking out on them? That is something of an issue in my opinion.

Bill26 August 28, 2013

The Inn at Cass Lake is a sister company of the facility in Flint. They are part of a huge chain of retirement homes. The place was fine but I didn't want to go there because it was too far away from my kids. The building and the rooms look comparably the same as with the other facility in Flint. They do have two-bedroom-two-bathroom apartments. We didn't get to meet enough of their staff but the people we did see were fine.

Mary Jane1 July 24, 2013

The Inn was a very place but I'm not ready for that yet. It was a very clean. The staff I talked to was very nice and very thoughtful.

From The Inn At Cass Lake

The Inn At Cass Lake is located in Waterford, MI, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Inn At Cass Lake for a visit...and stay!

Features of The Inn At Cass Lake

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room