The Madison | Independent Living

18626 N Spanish Garden Dr, Sun City West, AZ, 85375

Reviews of The Madison | Independent Living

Caring111649050 August 15, 2015

We visited The Madison. They showed me a very good product. They were also quite a bit for their pricing. The facility was clean. I would feel comfortable there. I looked at one room, and it was very nice. The facilities I visited were fine, but if I choose to go to one, I would choose The Madison because it is within Sun City West.

Anonymous106763250 May 17, 2015

The Madison had nice gardens. As I recall, there was a walkway between the independent living and the assisted living. I think it was quite amazing that the people who work there seemed like they really enjoy their jobs. We were invited to have lunch, and it was very nice. It looked like the meal was well planned. It was quite good. The facility was a little small as far as the living area, but other than that it seemed quite adequate. The rooms were fairly small. They had a balcony at one end so you could sit outside.

Caring105737350 May 13, 2015

The Madison is very nice; I like the facility in general. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms are very nice. They have most everything: exercise, swimming, bowling, trips to the casino, and limousine rides to wherever they need to go. We just felt more comfortable with it.

Anne105553250 April 30, 2015

The Madison was beautiful. It was very well staffed. We actually spent a night there and had a meal with them. It was excellent. The apartment was very nice. It was a one-bedroom, and it had a small kitchen, a bathroom, and a balcony.

Caring102758150 March 19, 2015

I also went to The Madison. The tour was fine, but compared with the other places, it is not. Madison really needed to be updated on a lot of stuff. It was a nice visit, but it is definitely not what I really want. There seem to be a lot of people around. They seem to be nice and friendly.

Astrid1 October 22, 2014

The chef made the food more interesting in The Madison than all the other places. They are well trained and have interesting ideas. The staff called everybody by their names and knew something about the residents. They have nice apartments but like the other places, they were kind of small. They have many activities for the day and they have a calendar for the month. For the men, they’ve got poker and they showed movies every evening. They took them on walks, they had outings to local shopping or to places interesting to see. I’m hoping to move in in 4-6 weeks.

William48 September 08, 2014

We lived fairly close to Madison and we liked it better than the other that was near us -- that's why we chose it. It was in a wonderful location for business and for stores. The rooms were great. We had a two-bedroom apartment, which we liked. The activities were great and we liked it. When we first moved in, we like it very well. However, the staff was not helpful. They have a routine and you would have what they offered. The food was terrible. We also didn't like the very high rental. It was $4,000 a month.

Nancy88426450 August 05, 2014

The Madison is wonderful; even though it was older than the others, it was run a lot better. Everything was just nice and neat and the grounds were great. The view from the dining room was nice. Everybody seemed to be enjoying the food and it looked really nice, but we were not able to try it. The rooms were a nice size and it was quite reasonable. The apartments we visited -- one was a two-bedroom unit and both bedrooms were of nice size. The closet space was good. They had a nice kitchen with plenty of cupboards, a sink, refrigerator, and stove. I thought it was pretty impressive.

Caring4031 June 28, 2014

I know somebody who used to be the director at The Madison, and he described it me to before, but when I went over there I was amazed by what they have for amenities. They have a locked in little pool. They have wonderful meals. I know because I have eaten there before. They are not as expensive as I expected them to be. I was very impressed. The rooms are great. They have access to a lot of exercise equipment.

Caring72186150 January 18, 2014

What I like about The Madison is that it's local. I live in Sun City West and some of the people I know live there. Also the amenities of the community are open to their residents there, and that's something I like. I also like going to the library and getting books, water exercises and water walking, etc., and these are the things that are open to me as well. The Madison did have activities that I was interested in. They would play cards, bingo, they would have field trips and if you want to go to a store, that can be arranged, etc. It was certainly an active community. The staff was very friendly and very cordial. They have been sending me newsletter to show their amenities and all the busy things they do. They also showed me their menus of what they serve. I ate there and the food was very good. The dining room was very nice and there's lot of choices. If you didn't see anything you like, there is also another menu with stuff that people usually eat, e.g., a hamburger goes always. It's very nice. My friend has an apartment there and it's very nice. She likes it. She seems to be happy there. She hasn't been there very long, yet she's fitting in. She has met some of her neighbors that live on the same hall as she does. They have been very nice to her and cordial and have had lunch with her.

From The Madison

The Madison is located in Sun City West, AZ, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Madison for a visit...and stay!

Features of The Madison

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room