The Rio Grande Gracious Retirement Living

Top Nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of The Rio Grande Gracious Retirement Living

May 11, 2016

By Tammy J.OKYKQ

We chose the Rio Grande's independent living for my father. I like this facility because it had assisted living available as well, so if the situation changes, my father won’t have to move. We have leased a room, and my dad will be moving in this weekend. It’s a relatively new facility, immaculate, and kept very well. It has a huge common area and nice public places. The individual rooms and apartments are spacious and kept extremely clean. The staff is amazing, go out of their way to help you, and helped make a lot of accommodations for us. The restaurant, the dining room, and food are really good. They had lots of outside areas and a lot of the amenities we’re looking for, like an on-site movie theater, barber shop, gym, and library. They have a lot of scheduled activities, so there are lots of community activities. There’s also access to medical care in assisted living, so really it’s got everything we’re looking for. They have bus trips, group exercise, movie nights, game nights, different holiday celebrations like special meals and decorations. There’s a chapel, which is good.

August 09, 2015

My husband will be going to The Rio Grande Gracious Retirement. The food is great. The staff is very friendly. They have a little of everything. They have exercise, bible studies, and games. The place is very nice. The feeling that you have when you go there is very pleasant.

June 08, 2015

By Janice106578650

We visited Rio Grande. I thought it was very nice. It was new and clean. The manager showed us around. He took time with us and explained things to us. He was not rushed, and I thought it was very nice. The rooms and apartments were clean. They looked like they were nicely laid out. They had a library, a social room, and a billiard room. They also had a bus that takes residents shopping and to doctor appointments. It looked really good.

February 27, 2015

By Vicki33

I didn't chose The Rio Grande; my dad did. The staff is excellent. They are just very accommodating. They are gracious and kind. They bend over backwards to explain things to people. The rooms were very nice, and it has large bathrooms. The lighting was excellent. There wasn't any darkness in the room, and it was just very nice. I have tried to eat there, and I thought it was excellent. They have an exercise program that they do every day. They have bingo and outings. They have movies and things like bean bag baseball. They have dancing too.

January 18, 2015

My first impression about the Rio Grande Gracious Retirement Living was good. It is not as costly as our previous facility. The apartments are fine. We moved to another apartment unit, and it is a little bit larger. The majority of the meals are very good. They have activities like scrabbles and arts and crafts. They also have a gym. They have bus trips, and some of the residents went on a rafting trip and kayaking down the Rio Grande. I like everything about the facility.

December 19, 2014

By jlnm

Other

This place is a horrible place to put your family in. The managers are rude and uncaring to the residents. Food is always raw. The managers think that it's their home and not the residents. Residents should feel like that's their home and they should feel happy. I don't believe they do or will ever feel that way. Hope their families can see that and get them out of there.

October 11, 2014

By Patricia87889650

Rio Grande was my second choice. It was REALLY nice. The staff seemed wonderful. I looked at the rooms; they were OK. They're not as wonderful as the ones in other places, but they were nice.

September 19, 2014

By grandson101

Management gives up on acting friendly as soon as the first check clears. After that, be prepared to meet the condescending, rude, and uncaring people they really are. The rooms are nice. The only problem we had, was my grandma has neuropathy in her hands and can't hold the hose in her shower. Since it can't be set in a fixed position, that was a huge deal. This place has potential, but without active management from experienced professionals, it's not somewhere you want your relatives living

July 22, 2014

I've been able to visit The Rio Grande Gracious Retirement Living three times already. We really like the place, but it would take all our money because of their cost. It's a nice two-story building, and they have elevators. The food was good, and the people were very kind. I talked to a gentleman there, and he was very kind. He spent a lot of time showing us the different rooms, and we found the one that we liked, but they weren't able to follow up with us. I also understand that they have buses that take people to different places all over the state. The facility is very well kept, and the people are very nice. There is no question about it. The facility is very clean, and the food was good. It's a really nice place.to review

February 28, 2014

By Sandra44

The Rio Grande was a very impressive facility. The person who gave me the tour introduced us to the people. He was with us the whole tour and didn't leave us. He answered all our questions. The tour moved very smoothly. I was very impressed. He showed us the various rooms. They have everything that residents would need. It was a one-stop shop. They have a beauty parlor there, a movie theater, and a game room. It was a place where you could go and not have to worry about going outside and driving out. It was like being in an executive hotel. It was premier service at a reasonable cost. It was a brand new facility and it was right there by the hospital in Rio Rancho. The only one thing though was that it's senior community so it's not secure. It would be nice if there was a secure area. We had free lunch there. The food was wonderful. I do have to say that it was made in such a way that it was up to the individual to either add salt or pepper, so it wasn't seasoned very much and that made it even better. They were definitely healthy food.

September 06, 2013

By Barbara65984250

Mom and dad are both living at The Rio Grande and it's a fabulous place. Its independent living but yet they provide meals, outings, laundry, and housekeeping. They have a movie theatre, game room, and computer room. They've got two bedroom and two bathroom apartments.

About The Rio Grande Gracious Retirement Living

The Rio Grande Gracious Retirement Living is an independent living community in Rio Rancho, NM designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact The Rio Grande Gracious Retirement Living for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of The Rio Grande Gracious Retirement Living