Sky Peaks

1520 Sky Valley Dr, Reno, NV, 89523

Reviews of Sky Peaks

November 28, 2016

By Marvin137083

The people who gave me the tour at Sky Peaks were very helpful. The place was very nice; however, I didn’t like the fact that most of the people there were either on canes or on walkers. The place itself is new and in excellent condition. It’s a very good place.

November 26, 2016

By Hiram

My sister is living in Sky Peaks. She has an apartment, and it's fine. The staff was excellent and very cooperative. They treat everybody well, and it's a great value.

November 13, 2016

By Laura Q.

Sky Peaks is a beautiful decorated space with a gorgeous dining room, and the rooms are large and clean. The staff is very friendly. The place is very nice and very impressive. The food was great, and they showed us different activity areas like a reading and piano area. They also had an art room, which was nice.

November 02, 2016

By Jenny835211

Sky Peaks was a nice place, but it's too expensive. The staff was very nice, and the rooms are clean, but I don’t think they were as big. The food was good, and I liked the dining area. The residents seemed to be happy.

August 17, 2016

By Connie145416

We were able to visit Sky Peaks and found out that we will not be able to afford it, but we loved everything about the place. Everything was beautiful and very clean. Everybody was very friendly, and the food was delicious. We saw a number of apartments available, but it was out of our price range.

August 17, 2016

By PLS111

I liked Sky Peaks. I hated their food and didn’t care for the service of the food, but the chairs in the dining room were exceedingly comfortable and closer to the ground, so my feet were able to touch the ground for a change, which I liked a lot. They had a room there that I fell in love with that had two bedrooms and a den. I liked the manager, but the service was terrible in the dining room, and they used their housekeepers as their waiters and waitresses. I didn’t think that was a good thing. Their security seemed fine. I didn’t see a lot of activities. I saw people playing bingo, but they seemed older.

March 22, 2016

By Shemac

We placed Mom at Sky Peaks and are very happy. The residents can have their loved ones eat with them whenever they want. She has a great apartment, in which we were able to get her furniture and fix it up like she wanted. The staff is great. I like that it doesn't look like we are driving up to a scary house. It's very nice and colorful. The services are great and meets all our needs as well as my mom's needs.

March 16, 2016

Sky Peaks has individual apartments that were very nice. I met the tour guide and the chef, and both were very friendly. The facility was clean and well maintained without a distinct smell whatsoever.

December 20, 2015

By Julie117167850

Sky Peaks in Reno was originally where we were wanting my mother to go, but the pricing just wasn’t in the budget. If I had a choice, I would still prefer for her to be at Sky Peaks because it's closer to everybody in our family, but cost-wise, we ended up having to move her to the Carson City location. Everything's clean and nice, and things are in really good shape; if something is not fixed right, somebody is there right away fixing it. The minute you walk in, you're welcomed, not only by the people, but the residents themselves. It's a really good community. The apartments themselves are just beautiful. They're really well-lit and bright; there's no darkness to them at all. You walk in there and it's just lifting. It's really bright, beautiful, and roomy, and the bathrooms are set up for somebody that needs help being in and out of the bathroom safely.

October 15, 2015

Sky Peaks was beautiful, and the staff was very friendly. They did not however tell us about all the expenses that would incur. My mom, although she was OK with it, didn't feel that it was a homey environment. She felt that it was more formal, and didn't feel it was part of what she was used to. But the facility was gorgeous. The apartments were a lot bigger and fresher, they had newer carpets and things like that, but I couldn't say that they were any better or any bigger than the one she is in right now. They had the same types of things like movies, socials, and Bingo. The food was good, and the dining facility was gorgeous. I just felt that the food where mom is at is a little better because it seems more home cooked. The staff felt very friendly, and they were right there asking us if we needed anything. They gave us beverages and, of course, we got a complimentary lunch. I can't say anything bad about the staff, other than the person who was in charge of showing us around. She neglected to tell us a couple of things about the financials that we asked about.

September 16, 2015

Sky Peaks is very nice. It is laid out very good. It is clean. The people that are running it are friendly. The food is very good. It is a pretty good facility. My friend is happy with it. They have a movie room, a card table, and a pool table.

July 03, 2015

The people at Sky Peaks were very nice. I had a wonderful lunch there today. I've only eaten there twice and at both times, food was good. The rooms were very nice. The apartment that I'll have is two-bedroom-two-bath. The staff was very nice and very helpful. The dining room was very large. They do have activities. They have bingo and card games. They have a library and they have a community room where they can have visitors come in. The atmosphere, I think, was very nice. They have a grand piano. When you go through the entrance, to the left is the dining room. It is like a three-story atrium. Everything was very clean and nicely appointed.

June 24, 2015

By Care0509

My mother is a resident of Sky Peaks. She continues to enjoy the friendly staff and other residents. There's plenty of activities to choose from. Two times a week a van is available for doctor appointments, two times a week the van is available for shopping, and one day a week the van is available for misc. scheduled activities. My mother enjoys working out with a group in the mornings and working out independently in the afternoons. The facility is extremely clean and bright. Her apartment is the perfect size and has a beautiful view. She has weekly laundry and apartment cleaning. All three meals are provided, included is unlimited snacks, juices, water, coffee and tea. The cost is affordable and there's the option of paying a bit more to lock in the monthly rate for as long as she lives there. A great value for the money.

May 16, 2015

Our friend has moved into Sky Peaks because the people who were there were so nice, very helpful, and very respectful. They offer everything; they have breakfast, lunch, dinner, and they have snacks during the day. They have live music, Happy Hour Fridays, and they take people shopping. They are really great.

September 30, 2014

By Lorna3

Sky Peaks have good staff and good people. The facility is clean and they have a kitchen were you could use if you want to make cookies or something. They do have different activities, and I know they have exercise classes. What I like best on the facility is the friendliness and the bigger rooms in the facility.

September 25, 2014

Sky Peaks was a good place. The staff was fine. My mother lived there. The food served tasted good However, my mother wanted to cook her own food which was why she moved to another facility. They had a lot of activities. My mother played bingo there. The place was fairly priced.

August 14, 2014

My mother and my brother went to Sky Peaks. It's not assisted living, so you have to contract with a third party provider for anything medical. This is a retirement apartment with meals prepared. It was about the same square footage in terms of the rooms. The 2-bedrooms, 2-bathrooms and a living room were pretty much exactly what she was used to, and her furniture fit really well. It has a tiny kitchen because all the meals are served for them. It has a nice little patio, so the adjustment in terms of inside the unit wasn't much. They go to the dining room for their meals. She has been sick with bronchitis and so she has not been going to the dining room. They deliver her food to her room, which is lovely. There's a bakery chef for quiche pies, all kinds of things made all the time. You can go pick some at the table. It has muffins, cookies, coffee, tea, and juices at all times. This really was the best for the money in all the Reno area. The location was great. What was really important was that they could take my mom's little doggie, so that was good. They have building managers who stay there. There's a couple there all the time. One couple goes 3 days a week and one couple 4 days a week, and they sleep there. They're always on call. There's also pull cords in every room, so if my mother needed to call 911, all she has to do is pull the cord and they'll help her.

May 30, 2014

By Caring85191950

Mom is at Sky Peaks. We chose this facility because she likes it the best. I would give the staff a 10. The rooms were extremely clean and well cared for. Anything they showed us had already been cleaned and was ready to go. She could have moved in that day if she wished. I ate there twice, and the food is excellent. I had lunch and breakfast. Mom explained that they have morning walks, and they can do that twice a day. On Friday, they have a weekly trip somewhere on a bus. They go out five days a week to do doctor appointments and/or shopping, and all you have to do is ask. They have a weekly person who comes in to do entertainment and play instruments. They also have movie nights, and usually they have something holiday-related that they do. They also decorate everything according to the holiday.

June 12, 2013

I'll be moving in to Sky Peaks. The apartment that I got is exactly what I wanted. My daughter and son-in-law insisted also on this place because it's much closer to their home. The facility is really nice, it's right in the center of the residential area. Their rooms are big. I like both their pool table and workout room. People here are friendly.

Photos of Sky Peaks

Features of Sky Peaks

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

About Sky Peaks

Sky Peaks is located in Reno, NV, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Sky Peaks for a visit...and stay!

Map of Sky Peaks