Dunwoody Pines

4355 Georgetown Square, Dunwoody, GA, 30338

Reviews of Dunwoody Pines

Anonymous108265350 November 10, 2015

I visited Dunwoody Pines a few months ago. I think the staff was very friendly and asked a lot of good questions about my dad. Some of the things they considered were my father's personal needs. They did little things to accommodate my dad and, at the same time, didn't pressure me about anything. The rooms and apartments were nice and clean. It was small overall, but I think the space was just enough for my dad. I haven't tried eating there, but the dining room looked good. As far as I could remember, they had a few recreational activities and gave the residents options of what to do and what not to do. The place was just great!

Joan112250550 November 10, 2015

I went to Dunwoody Pines, which I liked it a lot. The rooms weren't very big. They had kitchens, and the dining room serves three meals a day which you don't have to do, but you're paying for it. The management team was very pleasant. I liked that it's arranged a little differently than most places. As you come in the front door, there was a huge room which included the dining room and a dance floor area. There's a nice pond in another room with goldfish in it. All of the rooms are set around this big oval. Their prices were less than some of the others. The only thing I disliked was they have a huge parking lot and are surrounded totally by business, so there aren't any trees, real nice place to look at, or an opportunity to go outside and sit amongst trees. However, if you're able to go within a very short distance, you could walk to a small shopping center that had a grocery store and restaurant. They had activities and a van that takes people to doctors' appointments.

Anonymous115434650 October 31, 2015

I visited Dunwoody Pines for my brother, and I was impressed. It seemed clean and looked fine to me.

prestonhashworth June 15, 2015

My father was a resident at Dunwoody Pines while under hospice care and I found the staff and management to be exceptionally courteous and helpful well beyond my expectations. Tri-Mark home care services, a third party on-site provider, were a real sanity-saver during a difficult time for my father and his family. I am truly grateful that I connected with Dunwoody Pines and was always made to feel welcome. Under the circumstances my father liked it very much as well.

Caring85736750 August 26, 2014

He likes it at Dunwoody Pines. The staff is very nice and very friendly. The food is great. They sit down at the table and they serve them. He has a large room and it is decorated very nicely. He’s got his own furniture and really nice carpet as well as drapes. They have all kinds of things; Bingo and exercise classes during the day, an exercise room, movies, a swimming pool and everything. He is happy.

Caring67631550 June 19, 2014

I am at Dunwoody Pines, and they provide 24/7 care. They have CNAs and nurses on the premises. The staff are polite, very helpful, and accommodating. They offer three meals a day. In case of emergency, there is a string that you can pull in the bedroom as well as in the bathroom. The apartments are cleaned every Friday. They have church services on Sundays. We have different kinds of board games, yoga, and exercise programs. They also have a library. They allow pets, but you have to keep your pet in the apartment and be responsible for it.

Betty44 February 24, 2014

My aunt is at Dunwoody Pines. I like it very well for the need it's supposed to serve. The problem with my aunt is that she falls frequently and the facility has no guidelines that makes them check to see if she is in the floor or has chosen to stay in her apartment. She has been in the floor as much as probably 24 hours without anybody knowing she is there. It’s not the company's fault because they have no responsibility on checking on her. They provide three meals a day. They also provide a van that takes them to the grocery store or to doctor's appointments and she uses that too. They have lots of activities. They have bingo a couple of times a week which they all like. They have games on certain days and they post in the elevator. They also have exercise several times a week. There's a pool and an exercise room, but she is no longer using those kinds of facility. She does still play bingo and she likes playing that. She has been there for more than 5 years.

Clarabelle September 14, 2013

I am putting Dunwoody Pines in consideration because it is more affordable. They have studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom apartments, which are all nice. It is an independent living facility, but it does offer assisted living services that come as extra that you could pay for. They have a full schedule of activities and a staff who conducts them. The one thing that I noticed though is that they don't have as nice room space to carry out those activities. The movies that they show are on a TV and the room is not very large at all to accommodate most of the residents. It also serves as a multipurpose room. However, the residents there seemed very happy and satisfied. They have never seen us before but when we came in the door, they were all smiling, waving and welcoming us. They were just volunteering to us how much they like this place and told us how long they have been there. They seemed to be very friendly with each other

Francie1 August 28, 2013

Dunwoody is a really nice place. This was the only place that matches what my parents want. The people there are nice and the atmosphere is very friendly. It also provided them with the amenities that they were looking for that's why they choose to move in.

Janice6 May 11, 2013

My mom stayed at Dunwoody Pines for about six years. They had one bedroom and two bedroom apartments. Each one was had a kitchenette with a microwave and refrigerator, and a handicapped bathroom. There was also a walk-in closet and a separate storage closet. The food was excellent because I have eaten there with my mom. The menu changed daily with two or three choices. Pets were also allowed, and they could do a some planting on the green house. The staff were also available around the clock which was very nice.

Relative of DP resident August 26, 2012

I have an elderly relative lodged at Dunwoody Pines, and I visit about least three times each month, staying for a meal when I am able. For the second time in one month, I was served a plate of visibly moldy food. Since many of the seniors living there have impaired vision, I m sure some of them have eaten this horrible moldy food without even knowing. I have handed the plate to the managers each time, and they made light of it. I also had a salad with a moldy tomato on the side. It seems to be a good idea to start photographing these terrible conditions and send them to the county health department. Whatever you do, don t put your elderly relative or loved one in this disgusting facility. You might not see the obvious at first glance. The management turnover is constant, and most of them don t care about the residents. My opinions are based on seeing this place firsthand over a three-year time span. The cleaning staff is the worst, and there is resulting concern over hygiene in the apartments of the residents. Maintenance is also poor.

At Sunshine Retirement Living, we are committed to provide the absolute best senior living has to offer throughout all of our communities nationwide. While we know our response is overdue, we wanted to reach out to you and encourage you to re-visit Dunwoody Pines. Our current Managers, Ed and Mona Fletcher, have been with Dunwoody Pines for over 2 years and are known at Dunwoody Pines and throughout the greater community for providing exceptional care to each resident and their families. What’s remarkable is the entire Management Team can tell you something unique and special about each and every resident, and work each day to provide a warm, comforting, engaging and safe community. Executive Chef John Jetton recently joined our stellar Management Team, and comes to Dunwoody Pines with 15 years’ experience with Atlanta’s upscale restaurant industry. His contributions to our Food Services Program have already been impressive and we are all enjoying his healthy, delicious and well-rounded cuisine. We invite you to join us and enjoy one of Executive Chef John’s specialties and experience some of the many reasons Dunwoody Pines was awarded “2014 Best Of Senior Living” in the greater Atlanta area.

From Dunwoody Pines

Here at Dunwoody Pines, we provide area seniors with an affordable, all-inclusive retirement living experience right in the heart of Dunwoody. Our ideal location is just minutes from shops, restaurants and major hospitals. In addition, our numerous on-site amenities and complimentary services provide the opportunity to simply enjoy your retirement years free from the hassles of home ownership.

As a Sunshine Retirement Living Community, Dunwoody Pines shares the same mission to be a preferred senior living provider through offering choice, value and independence to each of our valued residents.

Featured Amenities

Start out each day with a delicious, chef-prepared meal served right to your table in our community dining room. Meals are always prepared fresh and offered three times each day. When looking for something to do, we offer numerous activities and social events to choose from. These may include daily wellness and fitness classes, outings to local destinations, live on-site musical entertainment, family cookouts and other fun gatherings.

To help residents stay fit and healthy, we offer access to the Dunwoody Pines fitness center and heated outdoor swimming pool. Computers with Internet access are available for use in our resident computer center, and we also offer free common area Wi-Fi for both residents and visitors.

Available Services

Just one of the added benefits of living at Dunwoody Pines is that all of your basic utilities and cable TV service fees are covered in your monthly rent. Complimentary maintenance is provided for all accommodations, and we offer the added convenience of weekly housekeeping services for all residences. We also offer free laundry facilities situated in easily accessible locations.

If you need to run an errand or reach a personal appointment, we are happy to provide scheduled transportation services to local destinations. We also offer the benefit of having our very own on-site beauty salon.

Dunwoody Pines offers area seniors the perfect place to experience an enjoyable retirement.

Ask about our Sunshine Travel Program - Our unique travel program gives you the chance to explore 16 cities in 7 states. Have a Question, Concern or Comment? Welcome to your Sunshine Community, Meet Mr. Sunshine. Ask about our unique Sunshine Wellness Program

Features of Dunwoody Pines

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Private services

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month-rental