Winslow Court | Independent Living

3920 East San Miguel Street, Colorado Springs, CO, 80909

Reviews of Winslow Court | Independent Living

danny7674 August 21, 2012

On the whole, I liked the staff quite a bit. I got to know them pretty quickly and they were very friendly to my grandmother, even though they didn't speak her language (spanish). From time to time, I would see the staff sitting and chatting with the residents during meals. I think this is a sign of a good retirement home. I would describe the facility as clean and cozy. It didn't have that sterile feeling many other communities have. There was a fireplace and a TV area as well as a quiet area for visiting. The food definitely exceeded my expectations and the dining room was very elegant. My grandmother's living unit was a one bedroom with a small kitchen. It was also very clean, though a little bit old. It really just felt like an apartment which was all we wanted. As my grandmother's demensia became worse, the facility was very understanding and willing to work with her. I do not regret putting her in this facility.

Jamie Shreve November 20, 2011

I was impressed with the facility for the most part. However when checking a Alzheimer's patient in closer attention should be paid. My mom signed the paperwork when she had a POA who just bailed out on her, the POA was suppose to sign for her., I believe there were some legal issues.

winslowlover July 30, 2011

My grandmother is a resident at Winslow Court; and has lived there for many years. I first visited this facility with my family two months ago. From first glance, the property was very clean and orderly. The staff was quick to help and answer any question that was asked in a prompt manner. My grandmother gave me her personal opinion on the facility and one of the first things she mentioned was the friendly residents at Winslow. Within the first month of living there she had already made dozens of friends. From my own perspective, there were many events and activities available for their residents. For example, they had a community Nintendo Wii and often held bowling tournaments that my grandmother enjoyed on a weekly basis. I also ate at the food court and quite enjoyed the salad bar provided for everyone (as well as the ice cream treats provided after every meal!). Overall this Assisted Living Facility is more than just a place to live; it is an amazing community of individuals who care for the wellbeing and health of my grandmother!

From Winslow Court

Our philosophy of service at Winslow Court Retirement Community is that Independent and Assisted Living encourages an active and free senior lifestyle that supports residents' privacy and dignity. Our senior apartments are considered the largest and most spacious in Colorado Springs. Winslow Court provides Independent Living, Assisted Living, Respite and Adult Day Care services. Our community environment is rich in daily activities, with all day restaurant-style dining, graciously appointed interiors and apartment styles. Our senior housing and Assisted Living environment provides full-service senior living with resort-style amenities in the heart of Colorado, serving Colorado Springs, Stratmoor, Falcon, Peyton, Briargate, Manitou Springs, Security-Widefield, Fountain Valley and surrounding communities. Come see for yourself.

Some of Winslow Courts unique features include Open Dining, meaning we have a full service restaurant open from 7am to 7pm everyday with no set dining times. Also all of our Apartments are set up to be independent or assisted living, so there is no need for a move should a resident need that transition

Features of Winslow Court

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Minimum age: None

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Winslow Court