Atria El Camino Gardens | Independent Living

2426 Garfield Avenue, Carmichael, CA, 95608

Reviews of Atria El Camino Gardens | Independent Living

Pat V. March 28, 2016

My sister is in Atrial El Camino Gardens. She was in the independent living, but last Friday they moved her to memory care. My niece and I have had several interviews and conversations with the executive director, and we are both very pleased with everyone. They treat us with the utmost respect and care, understanding the fact that it is difficult move. We feel that she has the best care. In the independent living, she had a private room with a nice view into a garden area through a very large window. She was close to the dining room. However, I have not seen her room in the memory care yet. I really think that she is given the best care possible. I've eaten there several times and think the food is superb.

Caring102463550 February 22, 2015

The age of the people who are at Atria El Camino Gardens was convenient for the age of my sister, and there were enough of those that I thought she would be comfortable. The services offered have been very good. My sister is a diabetic and did not cook well for herself, so having three meals a day provided is excellent. The other thing that is provided for her apartment every week is a vacuum. Her bed is stripped, her bathroom is cleaned, and they then wash those sheets, fold them, and bring them back to her. At this point, she just has learned to meet women to have breakfast with. They welcomed her when they had their welcome for the new people at the first of the month. She got to be introduced, and she participated in a nice fondue party. She seemed to be really excited about that. The place is nice, but it was built a long time ago, and I don't think they updated it, so it looks like an old facility. But the people are really nice -- the staff is really nice. They have what they call an ambassador for the new people, so that she has somebody she can go to and ask any questions she wants -- anything that she has a question about, she has someone that she can talk to about it -- and I like that.

Caring100551050 October 19, 2014

I'm not really happy here at Atria El Camino Gardens because the facility is too big for me. Nobody showed me around the facility, and it is so big I kept getting lost. I like that it is nice and clean, and the grounds are pretty. The residents are all pretty nice. The staff is nice too, but it takes an hour for you to get any help from anybody for anything. They do have activities, but I haven’t been to anything yet. I would suggest they spend a little more time with the new residents who don’t know where things are and what they are doing.

We are sorry to hear of your unhappiness. We feel strongly about making sure our new residents feel welcome and supported during their transition which is where our wonderful resident ambassadors come in! If you feel you need more assistance than is currently offered to you, please reach out to your Resident Services Director and she will help coordinate a plan to help. Please feel free also to reach out via customerservice@customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com, including El Camino Gardens in your subject line, if you would like to discuss your experience further. We are here to help.

Mary61767850 October 06, 2014

I have been in Atria for three weeks now and it is very nice, clean, and spacious, and the staff is very nice. So far so good though. I do not like the spaciousness of the hallways; it’s hard to find your way around. When you are first here, they need someone to be with you a lot to let you know where you are going and what you’re doing. I would sign up for this and what to do with that. They have what they call ambassadors, but I have only seen one, one time. I would say my stay is fair as I am in independent living and there is so little that they can do for you here, but I have people come in from the outside. They have bingo.

We are delighted to hear that you are happy with our community and amazing staff. Currently we have 14 Resident Ambassadors on the ready to welcome our new residents and help them get acquainted and feel comfortable in their new home. To help in this process and add a little fun we created an event called “New Resident Social” where new residents get together with their ambassador and mingle. We encourage you to attend and get involved. Please feel free to reach out via customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com should you have any further questions or concerns we can help you with. Welcome to the El Camino Gardens family!

La Verna June 25, 2013

Atria of El Camino was one of the best facilities I've visited so far. I liked the layout of the place, there seemed to be more little places where you can go off and do activities.

From Atria El Camino Gardens

At Atria El Camino Gardens, you'll find a new home that's warm and welcoming. Interesting social activities and morning exercise classes help residents thrive. Located in a quiet neighborhood in Carmichael, Atria El Camino Gardens is just a short distance from downtown Sacramento.

Atria El Camino Gardens offers the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Anytime Café
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals