Atria Carmichael Oaks | Independent Living

8350 Fair Oaks Blvd., Carmichael, CA, 95608

Reviews of Atria Carmichael Oaks | Independent Living

June17 August 26, 2014

I am here in Emeritus at Carmichael Oaks. This place offers a lot for independent living. We get our 3 meals a day served in restaurant style and the meals are pretty good. We get cleaning once a week which includes cleaning our linen and making the bed. It leaves you with no housekeeping to do and no cooking, so it’s great. They have something going on almost all the time. They seemed to have a thing with movies. They can take you out to a movie once a week. I know a lot of people seem to like to go to the casinos; they do that. They’ll offer a place to take you for lunch once a month. I didn’t go, but they went to one of the fancy restaurants in downtown Sacramento this month. I play bridge a lot -- there are a couple of different groups that play bridge. They also have book discussions and they have all kinds of other games that people seemed to like to play. It’s just a pleasant atmosphere. I’ve been here just over a month and I’m learning people’s names. It’s quite good and I’m quite satisfied with the place.

Caring83028450 July 19, 2014

I really liked Atria Carmichael Oaks because it was clean. The grounds and the decor looked a little more upscale. The person who did the tour and took us around seemed to be very good. The room and everything was fine. It was less expensive. However, the one thing that I didn't like about it was their tactic in urgency, like, "We are running a special and it's up at the end of this week; if you sign a lease now, we can give you a couple of months off." I just looked at her and said, "You know what? It might interest somebody else, but I don't play that kind of game. You can give me the price now and you can give me the same price two months from now. If you can't be that, I'll walk." I told him, "You can order this price two months from now. I'll come back. But if you're telling me that I got to decide today, then I'll walk, and I'll call you in two months and see what you're at." However, I talked to people, and all the guests liked it. It was also clean and classy.

hmecey June 29, 2012

It was nice, upon walking in I saw that it was very clean. There looked like there were a lot of events for the elderly to do as they had a game room, gym, pool, among many other things. The room he stayed in was like a dorm room but just a little bigger as it had a tiny bathroom in there as well. The staff seemed nice as they told me where his room was. I did notice that a lot of the seniors seemed bored. Also, it appeared that they could only eat during a short period of time each day, though I think that is normal for most homes of that kind.I also though that it might be hard for all the seniors to walk up all of the stairs as it is several floors high, because it is in a small location. Overall I think that it's a nice place as it appears cleaned and well maintained and also my grandfather had only nice things to say about it except when he talked about one staff member who had disciplined him.

mickey mouse September 30, 2011

I have had two experiences with this facility. My grandmother was a resident about 35 years ago and my mother was a resident about 15 years ago. I remember the staff being very friendly for the most part. Everyone always seemed extremely busy. There was almost always at least one person behind the desk usually contacting doctors or families of the residents. There was always a nurse making rounds with medications. Here and there I would see other personel doing whatever they were supposed to be doing. There didn't seem to be enough personel to keep up with all of the necessary chores let alone to assist the residents who were sitting in wheel chairs in the hallways or wandering aimlessly as though they were lost. Some residents needed bed and clothing changes or just help getting up or down. More employees to see to the needs of the residents more regularly would have been nice.I thought the facilities could have been cleaner. The floors appeared to be dirty most of the time. The bathroom facilities were fairly tidy though. There was always an unpleasant odor in the facility, but there were a lot of odor causing incidents happening at any given time. Several times a resident from another room would wander into my grandmothers room and my grandmother thought she was going to steel her few precous belongings, so my grandmother would threaten her. I got a call because of her threats one day and the employee told me that if my grandmother made any more threats her stay at the facility would be terminated. That didn't bode wll with me but we were able to work it out. Over all the facility was better than any other that might have been a viable choice. But it had room for improvement.

From Atria Carmichael Oaks

Atria Carmichael Oaks is a thoughtfully designed community offering lovely surroundings, personal service and just the right amount of support to live independently. Tree-lined outdoor areas are alive with color and beauty. Huge picture windows cast natural light indoors, and spacious common areas beckon you to gather with friends and neighbors. Choose from several distinctive apartment floor plans and three living options tailored to resident needs - independent living, assisted living or Life Guidance® memory care. Comfortable amenities, a 24-hour staff and a full events calendar complete an exceptional senior living experience. Whether sharing a gourmet dinner with friends, tracing their family history in a genealogy workshop or enjoying an outing to Thunder Valley, residents are free to be as active as they please.

Our vibrant, beautiful community is part of the American River Trail System-with mature oaks and nature areas; we offer exceptional culinary experiences from 7-7 and have a 24/7 Bistro, a sharp, active and independent group of residents, and a highly skil

Features of Atria Carmichael Oaks

• Minimum rate: $2750/month
  • Fee Structure Extra We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Companion Suites We Offer Companion Suites

• Features Extra Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Internet Enabled Rooms
  • Technology Extra Directv, Emergency Call System

• Nurse On Staff Yes

• Activities Extra Computer Classes, Bridge Games, And Casino Trips.

• Home Sale Assistance