Brookdale Brighton Brighton, Michigan

Reviews of Brookdale Brighton | Brighton, Michigan

Overview of Ratings

3.9

December 27, 2013

My parents are at Emeritus at Brighton. They have been there for probably five years already. When we first put them there, it was great, but as their ailing health declines and they need more care, the cost goes up. That's where the lines meet and you go from there. Their health is deteriorating but it's not Emeritus' fault. They just need more care and we can't afford it. My mom is in a wheelchair and my dad is on a walker and both need 24-hour care, so we're going to have to take care of them ourselves. Right now, there is a woman that comes in seven days a week to help them in the morning. I go in there three days a week and another person would fill in for me. We can only afford Emeritus' level 1 care, but for what we're paying, I think their service is good. The facility itself is good. They keep it up-to-date fairly well. It is clean and well cared for. The people there are friendly. I ate there and the food is okay. I think they give my parents well-balanced meals. They also allow pets inside. When we bring our pets in, it is not a problem. As far as activities, they have a lot of things for the guests to do like bingo. They also have entertainers come in. The only thing is my parents aren't mobile enough to do that anymore. Before when they were engaged in all that stuff, it worked out really well. Now, they're just not mobile enough so that they're not engaged as much.

November 21, 2013

I liked nothing about Emeritus. The size was not there. I found that place to be very depressing. It's dark and it's not very friendly. The staff was okay but it wasn't one that I would have selected. The ambience is terrible.

September 11, 2013

By Dario1

I broke my hip and I was in an assisted living facility called Emeritus at Brighton. The place is very good, clean, and very well kept. The rooms were great and the food was just A+. The cooking was excellent. I had a good rapport with everybody there.

February 24, 2012

By Salomander12

When I went to this retirement home, I liked what they were doing. All of the staff members were too kind and treated you with great respect. The food served there was pretty good as well. They offered nice activities such as an exercise program and socials. I feel like they are really trying to do all that they can in order to make the lives easier of the person residing there. Some of the amenities offered there are transportation, snacks and laundry. What I was really fond of was that pets under 30 pounds are welcome there. My Great Uncle has a mini poodle that he loves and it would tear me apart to tear them apart. This was one of the deciding points for when we made the decision. They have a nice TV room there where it is very relaxing and calm. My Great Uncle says he enjoys it there and glad we picked this retirement home.

December 30, 2011

By shagdg

I would be carefull with this selection. If your loved one does not need extensive care, this may be the place. However, you need to constantly monitor/remind/request services paid for, don't always get done. Clean/neat facility. Mananagement poor. Staff friendly. Name change of facility does not change quality/services rendered. Use caution when selecting this one.

December 01, 2011

By Social Worker # 1

I think that Emeritus at Brighton is an excellent choice for placement for someone who is looking for placement for a friend or a family member. The common grounds are very beautifully landscaped, structured and very well maintained and very tasteful to the eye and so are the surrounding neighborhoods. The common areas of the facility sit on five acres of land with the most beautiful trees surrounding the areas. Emeritus at Brighton also have a vast majority of country yards for their residents to enjoy interact and socialize in while enjoying the country yards at the same time. I would recommend this facility to any and everyone age 50 and older because I know that they would love it there and because I know that they would receive excellent care there. While there, I nolticed that their residents live like Queens and Kings and are also treated like royalty as well and all are like family member towards each other and the management and staff also. Their residents' apartments are very upscale. This facility is considered as upscale Independent Living apartments. Their residents are enjoying their lives in an upscale, elegant, luxury, and beautiful style living all year round. They also provide a vast majority of services, activities and recreations for their residents. I would have to definitely rank this assistance living apartments on a five plus stars rating for their upscale and elegance. There residents are served a varied menu also to fit their residents nutritional and dietary needs.

Photos of Brookdale Brighton

Features of Brookdale Brighton

About Brookdale Brighton

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Brighton