Precious Care and Home Companion Service

Contact Now

Reviews of Precious Care and Home Companion Service

For my mom September 25, 2015

I was very impressed with Precious Care. From the first phone call through the entire process they were extremely caring , professional and so very helpful. I would definitely recommend them to your family member that might need assistance. I would use them again. Ed was so caring and thoughtful when my mom was in need of immediate assistance. They were right there for us!!

Your mother is a sweetheart! Thank you,it was our pleasure, glad we could help. - Ed

Eddie L December 14, 2014

I recently contracted with Precious Care to provide end of life support for my cousin. The Precious Care care givers were attentive to my cousin, very conscientious in administering her medication, and demonstrated real concern for my cousin's comfort and well being. The team of care givers would sometimes sing to her, stroke her arm and were genuinely concerned and sympathetic. Someone from Precious Care was with my cousin 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for a month. My cousin's care during that time was far better then it would have been without the women from Precious Care. They are hard working, sweet, dedicated people who worked very hard to keep my cousin as comfortable as possible. I will always remember them.

receiver14 November 21, 2014

My mother had a stoke about three months ago and wanted to return home after rehab. She and I interviewed with Ed at the rehab facility. He answered all our questions and asked very good questions of my mother to get to know her better. My mother has lived independently for many years and has specific instructions about how she wants things done. Ed and Lyn are able to provide wonderful caregivers who are responsible and take great care in doing what my mother wants done re cooking and housekeeping. Their most valuable service is the type of care provided. They always arrive on time, stay the amount of time agreed upon, provide a cheerful atmosphere, and remain very attentive in helping my mother with her personal and daily needs. Thanks to Precious Care, my mother can live at home and I can be assured of her safety and care.

Baby donut September 30, 2014

I have a uncle in Florida and I live in Ct. I try to visit at least 3 times a year, my uncle is 86 and no longer drives and now he can't get to the doctors or food shopping or for the matter get out of the house. My uncle say he needs to get to the doctors and I say do u need me to help you with that" and he would say I'm working on that but does nothing, so I went on line and found this company called Precious Care And Home Companion Service. My uncle now is taken to see his doctor on a regular basis and gets to go food shopping and also his house is kept clean and meals are prepared. Also I would like to say the owners are like family and my uncle is one happy dude once again....Calling Precious Care was the best call I ever made, they are the best. Yours truly Nephew Mr Wayne L Ct.

Robert78119550 February 28, 2014

Precious Care and Home Companion Service seemed to be prompt, caring, and attentive. The caregivers that they have are friendly and overall I have no problems with them. They were the ones who first responded to my inquiry and the staff that I talked to was very knowledgeable. He is the husband of the owner and a retired FBI agent so that sounded good credentials to me. They were also able to provide us immediately a good caregiver.

Kim22 February 04, 2014

After interviewing several businesses and their employees, I was fortunate to find Precious Care. They have been wonderful for my elderly father and made it possible for him to remain living in his own home for a longer period of time. They are reliable, competent, truly caring, and work with the family to meet their every need. I simply can't say enough about how great they have been with my father. He is happy, well cared for and we are all much less stressed :-)

PinkiePie January 27, 2014

I interviewed this provider

my mom is a hard worker, she try's to make everyone smile. I know that my mom some day will have s patients and many workers. I believe in you mom!

Cynthia10 July 12, 2013

I researched Precious Care on the internet. I found them to be economically most valuable for my situation.The person they sent was very good. My mom bonded with her right away. She's very professional and very caring. She helps me with techniques on how I can also care for mom. She went the extra mile and I was very satisfied.

Roy4 April 02, 2013

I first met Lyn on August 31,2011. Lyn's job was to provide personal care and supportive services for my wife, Margaret, who had suffered­ a stroke while visiting relatives up north. Lyn was the first and most efficient of several home aides provided by the home health aide company.

Lyn's attention to my wife served as a benchmark to the other aides. She quickly and accurately determined the care and assistance that my wife needed and required and passed these on to the other aides, thereby keeping my wife as calm and peaceful as possible. My wife frequently related the pleasure that she received from Lyn's care and jokingly told all of and relatives that we would like to "adopt" Lyn as a member of our family.

Lyn's care and attention was not only apparent during her working hours, she also visited Margaret during her hospital and rehabilitation stays. These visits encouaged Margaret to strive to recover from her medical problems.

Shortly after Margaret's passing, I began having vertigo, accompanied by falling problems. With no relatives in the area, I was advised to obtain home health care, not available through Medicare. I was referred to Precious Care and Home Companion Service, owned and operated by Lyn. Based on my observance of her work in caring for my wife, l could not have found a more capable firm to care for me. Lyn quickly evaluated my needs and desires and set up a 24 hour schedule for me with her employees.

l have 24 hour care and-have not had even one complaint about the help I have received. The best part of all, is that l am still in my previous neighborhood in my own home and bed. l still have all of my furniture and have the room for my relatives to visit when they are able.

From Precious Care and Home Companion Service

Welcome to Precious Care and Home Companion Service

We're Like Your Extended Family"

Precious Care and Home Companion Service helps seniors achieve a higher quality life by providing personal, in-home care. We understand that one solution does not fit every situation, so we take the time to listen and learn about each client's needs and preferences. This enables us to tailor a care program that maximizes the client's independence and dignity.

My name is Lyn Ostrand; I am a wife and a mother, so I understand what you need and expect from someone caring for your loved one. Someone with compassion and patience, who truly cares.

I know from personal experience that finding the right person to help your loved one in the same manner as you would, with love and kindest can be a difficult and stressful task. I too had difficulty finding someone who was reliable or truly caring for my family member. This is what motivated me to start Precious Care and Home Companion Service and to provide the same level of assistance that I would expect for someone in my own family.

Hiring only people with honest and caring personalities, personally interviewing and training each employee to insure that they deliver the same quality of service that I do and have built our reputation on.

Non-Medical Home Care Services daily or weekly include

• Range of motion exercises
  • Assistance in bathing
  • Light housekeeping
  • Hospital sitter
  • Assistance in getting in and out of bed
  • Errands and grocery shopping
  • Accompany to doctor's visits and appointments

We service the following counties Hernando, Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas and other surrounding areas. Call us now for free assessment and discover how you can have peace of mind knowing that someone is taking care of your loved one when you can't be there.

Caregiver Information

Caregiver Skills Include:

Ethics, Validation Therapy, Patient Transfers, Stress Management, Grief Issues, Family Communication, Transition Issues, Communicating with Dementia Patients

Caregivers employed, bonded and insured: Yes
Caregivers available 24 hours a day: Yes
Available to assisted living facility: Yes

Florida Registration No. 232775

Features of Precious Care and Home Companion Service

• Tagalog

Agency Type

• Referral agency. (Provider refers independent caregivers to you.)
  • Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)

• Companion care
  • Personal care assistants
  • In-home health care
  • Physical therapy
  • Occupational therapy

Types of care

• Accompany clients to doctors' appointments
  • Light housekeeping
  • Companionship
  • Meal preparation
  • Errands & grocery shopping

Screening

• We interview every team member in person
  • We check references
  • We ensure that our team members are immunized for influenza, hepatitis b, tuberculosis, and other communicable diseases

Training

• Staff members receive ongoing/continuing training

Training Areas