Companions & Homemakers

Top nearby In-Home Care Services

Reviews of Companions & Homemakers

Buzzsmom June 28, 2012

I did my research and the case managers were very supportive. They called within 24 hours which was very important. I brought my husband to the office; they gave their assessment and after the state gave their assessment as well. They also come every 6 months for a site assessment. They are a large company, almost 500 employees but they take care of their employees. They keep their caregiver 10 miles within the caregiver's home. They also give trainings. They were extremely supportive.

His caregiver before was a young lady. She was okay, she kept him busy. She took him to the museum or the beach, and helped him with his artwork. But, she won't take my simple rules so we switched to another one. She's younger and things are going fine now. My husband is still functional; he does the dishes, cleans the house and does the vacuuming. He has early to mild dementia but his geriatric psychiatrist says he's doing really well now.

If there's one thing that they could change it's their rule that we are not allowed to have the caregiver's contact number. This is understandable for liability reasons however; there were times that I freaked out during an emergency. I had to contact a third party just to reach them.

Joey726 July 27, 2011

In-home care staff was uncredentialed. All you need is a driver's license. Huge turnover. In a 2 year period we had about 10 different caregivers. One was stealing. Others were late and never showed up. When we called into management, no one was accountable. It became a joke. All they could say was we are sorry. They have the front office set up to look like they have quality standards but it's a front. Try a different agency for you loved one.

From Companions & Homemakers

Companions & Homemakers is a senior care agency in CT, providing in-home and long-term care and services for the elderly. Our services include: companions, homemakers, personal care attendants, live-in companions, Alzheimer's care companions, specialty care, and special events attendants.