Family Matters In-Home Care

Contact Now

Reviews of Family Matters In-Home Care

Catherine Fulde October 22, 2015

Outstanding company! The caregivers were prompt, knowledgeable, efficient, compassionate, kind and supportive. My family was very pleased with their service.

careadvisor June 25, 2015

Family Matters came highly recommended to me by another care manager. Some time passed before I actually called on Family Matters to help me in a most challenging situation. I was doubtful that my client would tolerate a caregiver...even for brief visits, or that Family Matters would persevere in this untenable situation. With some creativity Jacob not only found the perfect caregiver for my client, but went way beyond the call of duty to insure that the client's needs were met. I will always be grateful for the way Family Matters helped make this situation a success. They are my "go to" agency of choice.

M.S. Baldwin May 24, 2015

Family Matters management and server gave me excellent care over an 8-week period. The management and group were knowledgeable, well organized, sympathetic, and flexible in answering questions and providing for my needs.

My home aide provided excellent care, was always positive in attitude, helpful in all types of tasks as needed and able to provide support, and encouraging as I gained strength toward independence. Always good company. She was skilled in personal, physical care, household chores, cooking, and cleaning tasks and an excellent driver of my care when required.

Mala12 April 23, 2015

Family Matters is excellent! My father is 88 and suddenly started having fainting spells, so I needed a reliable caregiver to watch over him. After looking online, I found this family-run business. Family Matters is run by Carol and her two sons, Jacob and Marcus. Throughout the process, they were easy to deal with via phone and email. The best thing about Family Matters was that they were so willing to work with us to meet our specific needs. The entire process from finding a helper to paying the final bill was hassle-free. I was very happy with their service and recommend them highly!

latodc November 06, 2014

Family Matters In-Home Care has provided service for my 86 y.o. Mom since August 2014. We were with Addus Health before and they were terrible. Family Matters has been responsive and effective in providing the care workers who can help my Mom with her day to day living needs. I appreciate their responsiveness and ability to provide positive solutions that help my Mom enjoy her day. She worries less and is in good spirits, all of which are important to me. Thanks Family Matters for all you do.

Janet101089550 October 31, 2014

Our mother was put on hospice care in late May. My sister had used the services of Family Matters earlier in the year so I contacted Marens to see if they could provide us with 24/7 care for our mother who has dementia and heart failure. Marens, Jacob and James put together a team of 3 absolutely amazing woman. They started their duty on June 1st and we have no idea how I would get along without them. They care as much about the well being of my mother as we do. Dementia is daily challenging but these ladies always rise the occasion with unlimited patience!!! Family Matters attracts the right kind f people. The caregivers all attest to the fact that Family Matters always put their clients first.

Lily6 September 29, 2014

My mother is a feisty and fiercely independent 92. She lives alone very well and loves her independence and solitude. However, she is unstable on her feet, profoundly deaf and refuses to wear her hearing aid when she leaves home. We wanted a companion to go out with mother to keep her safe. Jacob at Family Matters listened closely to how I described my mother and what we thought her needs are. Within less than a week, he identified a caregiver who is not only qualified but also patient and gently firm with my mother.

Qtip August 16, 2014

Yes - they are fantastic and trustworthy - they took great care of my parents!

LKL July 03, 2014

My father is on hospice care and needed someone local to provide care (I live about 2.5 hrs away). We started with part-time care from Family Matters and two days into the schedule, my father had two accidents, when the caregiver wasn't there. It was clear we need to transition to 24/7 care quickly, for Dad's safety. Within an hour's time, Carol and her team had a caregiver and schedule in place. They handled everything - and with the same caregiver. It was amazing!

Our caregiver, Dorie, is a perfect match - she is phenomenal! I can't say enough good things about the care she provides to my dad. She is so devoted to him already, even to the point of sitting by his bedside until the wee hours of the morning, when he's having a restless night, to let him know he's not alone and to ensure his safety.

She is compassionate, attentive, and so knowledgeable - takes her responsibility very seriously ,and is diligent about documenting meals, vitals, and medications throughout the day. Even the hospice nurses are impressed, as she works hand-in hand with them. She has taken over every aspect of Dad's care including showering, grooming and meal preparation. She goes the extra mile with a smile to add a personal and happy touch by placing fresh flowers on my dad's meal tray and has safety-proofed the house, which she has spotlessly cleaned. She keeps me well informed every day. Great communication by this team!

I'm so relieved that Dad is safe and loved when I'm not there. The FM team (Carol, Marcus, and Jacob) continue to follow-up with me regularly; their compassion and follow-through is extraordinary. We are so lucky to have Dorie in our lives and have Family Matters In-Home Care to thank for that. You will not find a better senior in-home care agency out there - I guarantee it.

Elmyra June 19, 2014

Quality customer service. The caregivers are interested in addressing your particular needs. They are always on time and flexible if extended hours are needed. I highly recommend them!

Lisa C. May 13, 2014

As an Estate Planning Attorney, I encounter clients who need in-home care regularly. I refer them to Jacob with no hesitation. He is very attentive and always provides clients with satisfactory services. Thanks so much for exceeding my expectations, Jacob! I love doing business with you.

Katherine13 May 01, 2014

It gives me great pleasure to share my experience with Family Matters. I've worked with patients and families cared for by Carol, Marcus and Jacob. I'm impressed with the outstanding professional care provided to patients but also to everyone in the house. It was also impressive to hear from a family that the hired caregiver was accompanied by a Family Matters staff member on the first visit. The client was very impressed to have the caregiver introduced, arrived safely and made sure that they were a good match. Family Matters goes the extra mile to do what needs to be done and then some provide gold level care.

Udee M. April 22, 2014

I used another local eldercare outfit in Los Altos before I found Family Matters and it was like night and day. Carol and her staff are remarkable. It is like having your own family care for your loved ones. They are experienced caregivers, compassionate, loving, responsible, on time, and medically aware. They gave top of the line care to both my mom and dad. My dad had Alzheimer's and acted out. They were gentle and handled his outbursts with humor and love and I'm so grateful for that. They took stress off my entire family by caring for my folks!

Melissa and Marilyn April 19, 2014

Jacob at Family Matters In-Home Care was referred to me by my friend Randee who specializes in elder care, so I had high expectations to start with. And Jacob definitely delivered: We needed a caregiver on short notice, when my Dad's regular caregiver had to take the day off. Jacob responded promptly, arranged for a caregiver (who was excellent) and then called to follow up to make sure everything was OK. Our entire experience with Family Matters was extremely positive and we would not hesitate to use them again - we are thrilled to have found such a wonderful in home care resource!

Sue H March 26, 2014

I interviewed this provider

Our family was very grateful to have found Family Matters to care for our 90 year old mother who needed in home care after fracturing her back. It was a pleasure working with Jacob and Marcus. They were very helpful in matching two caregivers with our mother's requests. There were very flexible with our needs and schedules. I cannot say enough good things about Elisa and Loida . They were both very professional and always arrived on time. We were very impressed on how they communicated with each other daily to keep one another up to date on our mother's progress. Also so impressed with the charts they kept daily on our mom's needs, physical therapy progress, meals, etc. We highly recommend Family Matters to anyone who needs help caring for a loved one. Sue H.

Steve_Zappy March 07, 2014

Family Matters In-Home Care provide loving care. They put up with me and are just wonderful complete wonderful. They pay attention to my needs and do such a great job. They take the time to come with me to my appointments. They learned my needs, thats why I am here today!

Bridie1 February 12, 2014

Family Matters provided us with a wonderful caregiver and his name is Jose. He's absolutely fabulous and goes above and beyond. He's been a blessing in our life. He's really wonderful. He does physical therapy with my husband. He also does bathing his bathing. They go for walks where he helps my husband with his balance. It's a very busy 4 hours when he's here. He helps me with a lot of things too that he really doesn't have to do but he helps me. I have nothing but great things to say about him.

I didn't have to worry about anything like billing and scheduling, the management just take care of them for me. They're very caring and helpful. I know I can call them anytime.

TedB December 30, 2013

We first heard about Family Matters from a family friend that works in healthcare and knew that we were in need of some assistance taking care of my mother. When we first contacted them they were prompt, courteous, knowledgable, and accommodating. We've only been with them for a few weeks now, but so far they have been a class act.

Joanne17 September 30, 2013

I've met with Jacob several times and we talked about my mom. We talked what we wanted for her and what we're looking for as a family. We we were looking at not just physical care but also somebody that was going to be a match with her personality and her social side. We want somebody who would be interested in taking her out shopping. We were looking for a live-in kind of companion and have a quite a bit of caregiving experience because my mother was a nurse. She knew a lot what she needed and what medicine she was taking. Jacob took all the information down and then he went ahead and screened potential caregivers. Jacob also met my mom so he can get an understanding for who she was and her needs.

He brought people that he felt really matched to what we were trying to do as oppose to other agencies who have a pool of caregivers and they just send whoever they have available.

The caregivers that we picked have no drama in their lives. They didn't bring any drama. They're caregivers who have the passion to do the work at a caring pace that we were looking for. Somebody that could get to know mom and care about her and not just care for her. We did hire caregivers like were like that.

Dayna C. September 18, 2013

I was referred to Family Matters In-Home Care when my mother needed more care than I could handle on my own. Carol has been helping my mother for almost four years now. I honestly do not know what I would do without her. She is an amazing care provider. Not only is she extremely skilled at home care but is also one of the nicest people you could meet. She is honest, intelligent, compassionate, caring, respectful and highly dependable. When Carol is with my mother I know her needs are well taken care of. Most importantly, my mother adores her. She is her caregiver, companion and trusted friend. I wholeheartedly recommend Family Matters In-Home Care if you are looking for care providers that will go above and beyond for your parents or yourself.

John75446950 September 12, 2013

I met Jacob's mother who is the founder of the company in my yoga class. She's so kind and I've known her for over a year now. She tells me stories about her caregiving business. Her son took over the business and developed it. I mentioned to her that I was not happy with my mom's caregiver at that time. She told me that her company is right down the street from my house. She suggested for me to get in contact with her son.

I had my sister contact her son since she's the one in-charge of hiring caregivers for mom. My sister just fell in love with him the first time she met him. He's professional and very hands-on. He went with the process of finding new people with my sister. He came to the house and met my mom with the caregivers.

The caregivers have great attitude. They're right there for my mother. They're very gentle with her. My mother loves them. They're just perfect.

WarrenT August 18, 2013

Family matters provides outstanding care! When my mother fell and broke her hip I was referred to them by a friend to help her with her recovery. The caregivers they provided were wonderful. They followed the directions of my moms physical therapist to a t and helped her to become mobile again. I'm happy to say that my mother has recovered and no longer needs care!!! In the future if need be I will definitely turn to them again.

From Family Matters In-Home Care

Welcome to Family Matters In-Home Care

Compassionate, quality in-home care that allows you or your loved ones to stay in the comfort of home.

At Family Matters In-Home Care our specialty is professional, warm and compassionate senior care that allows our clients to live independently in the comfort of home. Whether our clients need us for a few hours a day or around the clock, we’ll always be there to provide quality, compassionate and responsive care.

We provide the following services:

• Personal Care
  • Companion Care
  • Alzheimer’s / Dementia Care
  • Incontinence Care
  • Live-in Care
  • Cooking and light housekeeping
  • Laundry and change of bed linens
  • Grocery shopping and errands
  • Companionship and range of motion exercise
  • Bathing, dressing and grooming assistance
  • Transportation to doctor appointments, supermarket, pharmacy
  • Assisting with walking and transfers
  • Status reporting to family
  • Medication reminders
  • Much More!

Use our services because:

• WE CARE!
  • We offer individualized services
  • Client makes the final decision
  • We have over 30 years of experience in healthcare primarily working with elderly population
  • We have extensive training in assessing and addressing the needs of the client
  • We have an excellent reputation in the community
  • We provide quality care
  • We’re flexible
  • Our caregivers are held to a high standard and are well trained

At Family Matters In-Home Care our knowledgeable staff prides itself in providing exceptional customer service. Caregivers You Can Count On!

You can rest assured because we hire only the best caregivers, whom we would trust with our own family members. Our caregivers are employees and not contractors, who are thoroughly screened and insured to ensure you and your loved ones are fully protected. They participate in ongoing training and professional development opportunities, and many have experience with Specialty Care, including Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and hospice care.

Whether you are looking to find a companion for just a few hours or a full-time, live-in caretaker, we will match you with candidates who will meet and exceed your requirements.

Whether you need assistance finding a care home or an assisted living facility, we will work with a pool of reputable facilities to find you the best match.

At Family Matters In-Home Care we are familiar with the challenges facing persons losing their independence. Although we can't change that, we can help to make it a positive transition.

Family Matters In-Home Care proudly serves Santa Clara, San Mateo and Santa Cruz Counties. Please give us call 24/7 for a free assessment.

Features of Family Matters In-Home Care