NEED HELP FINDING HOMECARE AGENCIES?

Talk to an advisor for free: (866) 515-8248

From Home Instead Senior Care - Mentor, OH

Home Instead - Caregiver Skills

Reviews of Home Instead Senior Care - Mentor, OH

Posted by Diane113198550 June 30, 2015

Mom seems content and loves the attention from the caregiver. She likes her because she takes interests in her pictures and puzzles. I have enough peace of mind that I can relax down here. I've been able to sleep deeply all right for the first time in months because I know Mom is safe and okay.

Posted by Robert113197850 June 30, 2015

Home Instead provides a good service. My wife and I like our caregiver, Dawn. She washes our clothes, makes the bed and gives me a shower. She's a great help to us.

Posted by -Jean June 30, 2015

Laura from Home Instead is attentive.She helps me with all my needs. She is great to be with around the house. She is also very detail oriented.

Posted by Jean113197550 June 30, 2015

I rate Home Instead a 5. Everytime I call, the response is always spot on. I never have to wait around for the folks to get back to me. They always resolve my issues immediately.

Posted by Debbie113197450 June 30, 2015

I am very grateful for the help I have received from Home Instead. It is a great organization. I'm glad you're there at a time such as this to help with my Mom.

Posted by Diane Ryder May 15, 2015

Mom seems content and loves the attention. She likes her because she takes interest in her pictures and puzzles. I have enough peace of mind that I can relax down here. I've been able to sleep deeply all night for the first time in months, because I know mom is safe and ok.

Posted by Judy109798250 April 23, 2015

We love Barb. My mom and she really click. Mom's reaction to her is very positive.

Posted by Eleanor Davenport April 17, 2015

I have a wonderful lady from Home Instead named Darlene. She did a terrific job cleaning my house for me. You know it is unbelievable. She's like a godsend. I'm so grateful for her. She came at a time I really needed a pick me up and boy did she do a good job for me.

Posted by Debbie Ware March 31, 2015

I'm very grateful for the help I have received from Home Instead. It is a great organization. I'm glad you're there at a time such as this to help with my mom.

Posted by Robert Frey1 March 31, 2015

Home Instead is a good service. I like Dawn and my wife likes her too. She washes clothing, makes the bed and gives me a shower. She helps us out so we can get along.

Posted by Jo Ann Sadar March 31, 2015

Thanks to Anna Marie. I am so relieved she is there. I appreciate her vigilance and her care.

Posted by Anne Koeth March 27, 2015

I always look forward to my time with Barb.

Posted by Lynn Imondi March 20, 2015

I was administering therapy to my patient today and wanted to share with you a positive observation. Your caregiver Darleen has a beautiful rapport with our client. She has an intuitive that assisted her client to take a bath. That I could not have done without her. That skill set is simply amazing. She did a beautiful job.

Posted by Robert Frey March 20, 2015

We get along so well. She has a routine and knows just what to do.

Posted by Jean Martin February 28, 2015

Inge is the best caregiver a gal could have. I just love her. We have so much fun when we go out. We go to the YMCA for exercise and then go to lunch. She’s the best!

Posted by Ann Evanchak February 28, 2015

I love my caregiver from Home Instead, Anna Marie. She is very sweet. I appreciate the help she gives me with showers and dressing.

Posted by Jean Saponaro February 28, 2015

My caregiver Joanne is always good and it’s always good to see her. I look forward to the time we spend together.

Posted by Donna106847350 February 28, 2015

You all are wonderful at Home Instead. Everyone is helpful! I called today for help tomorrow and Debbie was so great. She is amazing.

Posted by Jean Koritansky February 27, 2015

Everytime I call, Home Instead's response is always spot on. I never have to wait around for the folks to get back to me. You always resolve any issues immediately.

Posted by Linda White1 February 27, 2015

I really like Debbie. She's been helping me so much to get organized since my stay at the rehab. She is keeping me going. She watches me to make sure I walk safely when we go out in public. With her transporting me, I get to go out to all the places I want to go. She gets me moving around so that I do not get depressed. One of these days, we are going to go out and get some strawberry shakes.

Posted by Kim106795250 February 27, 2015

I'm very pleased. From day one, our caregiver Sue has been wonderful.

Posted by Elinor Davenport February 27, 2015

Darlene, my caregiver from Home Instead, is the best. When you meet her, you can tell how great she is. Five minutes after we met, we were talking as if I knew her from the cradle.

Posted by Mike Davenport February 27, 2015

Thanks to Michelle the kitchen and living room are not noticeably cleaner. We have been trying to clean the cubboards for months. Michelle was able to complete an important task despite any misgivings, my mom may have brought up.

Posted by Marianna Prybe February 26, 2015

I have been with Home Instead for about five years and I know I can always count on them! They help me with everything from laundry and showers to taking me out for shopping and doctor appointments.

Posted by Pat Foust February 26, 2015

My caregiver just always makes a point to go above and beyond with her care. She always thinks of something extra to do for me.

Posted by Evelyn Klein February 26, 2015

Grace from Home Instead is an angel. She makes my husband smile and dance. I just adore her!

Posted by Mona Denovich & Denise Nebe February 21, 2015

Thank you so much for your support and care for our mom, Judi. It was great to know our mom was being cared for when we were not able. Thank you.

Posted by Ed Moss February 21, 2015

I really like Ashlea. She always does anything I ask her to do. We get along just great.

Posted by Mary Joan1 January 31, 2015

Brittany is excellent. I don't even have to ask or say anything – she just knows what to do. I'm so grateful for her and for Home Instead.

Posted by Carolyn105391050 January 31, 2015

Mom has such a good relationship with her Home Instead caregivers. She likes Debbie and Maryann. Mom smiles and laughs a lot with them.

Posted by Nancy105391150 January 31, 2015

Home Instead caregivers are great. I am going out today to enjoy myself and I don't worry about Carl being at home without me. I know he is safe with the caregiver. I have peace of mind that he won't have a fall.

Posted by Marjorie18 January 29, 2015

Rebecca is such a helpful person. I think she is so nice! On the way back from my therapy, she reminds me that I need to stop off for groceries. She helps me so much!

Posted by Mary Joan January 29, 2015

I can't say enough good things about my caregiver Cheryl. Cheryl is just excellent. She always takes such great care of me.

Posted by The Hawk & Corrigan Family January 29, 2015

Dear Katie/Home Instead,

Thank you very much for the picture frame and the wonderful care you took of Marie.

Posted by Pam35 October 31, 2014

Home Instead is a Godsend. I am so grateful for them.

Posted by Madelyn1 October 31, 2014

My caregiver is my best friend. I just adore her.

Posted by Walter13 October 31, 2014

I enjoy being with Kelly. She always helps me with whatever I need her to help with. I wish she could spend even more time with me. She is my best friend.

Posted by Barbara101088750 October 31, 2014

I like (our caregiver) Karen. She's been great! Home Instead is the best.

Posted by Caring97607450 August 18, 2014

Shirley forms deep relationships with her clients and is very concerned with all their needs. She called a client with psyche issues to remind him to attend an important appointment on her own time. She is patient, appropriately assertive and caring.

Posted by Gloria29 August 18, 2014

Audrey from Home Instead is really good with my mom and dad. Audrey does so much with the time that she is here. She helps us get so much done. The Home Instead caregivers are angels from God. They have become my mom's social outlet. She looks forward to them coming.

Posted by Eldest daughter CS August 12, 2014

My brother, sister and I want to thank the staff at Home Instead for their outstanding care of our father over the past year. We were very touched by the lovely poster/card his caregivers made for him when we had to move him to a facility that provided 24/7 care. If there were any way that we could have kept him at his senior living facility with ramped up care by Home Instead, we would have. We can't say enough good things about HI.

Posted by Elaine20 June 30, 2014

Darlene is just wonderful. We feel that she is part of the family. The whole family just loves her.

Posted by Noreen5 June 30, 2014

Mary is very special. She is my friend. I love her. She does so much. She is a very caring person.

Posted by Caring82117150 December 31, 2013

We love Phoebe. She is a sweet woman. She does a wonderful job. I wish I could have her another day. She is so very helpful.

Posted by Donald16 December 31, 2013

Deborah is very helpful and very good company and I need that since there's no one here most days. She helps me organize and does anything I ask her willingly.

Posted by Frances13 December 31, 2013

Leta and Katie and the Home Instead Team have been wonderful.

Posted by Agnes1 December 31, 2013

Mary and Sharon are wonderful with my grandmother. I especially appreciate Sharon working with my grandmother preparing lunch instead of simply doing it and serving her.

Posted by Mr. Zimmerman December 31, 2013

Mary is just wonderful in everything she does. She cleans and does the laundry. She also cook for us. She likes to cook and it shows. Everything she makes is wonderful.

Posted by Lois6 July 15, 2013

Our caregiver Venus is wonderful. She is the kind of person that sees what has to be done and does it. When you are not feeling well, it is a chore to direct someone. You don't have to do this with Venus. She is very pleasant and upbeat and you need this when you are not feeling well. She is self motivated and an outstanding caregiver.

Posted by Alice8 July 15, 2013
4.0

I commend you for your matching me with my caregiver. She is very helpful and I am thankful for her companionship and doing odd jobs for me. I'm 92 and very sharp and thank you so much for your help.

Posted by Mary71871650 July 15, 2013

Thank goodness my caregiver is here for me. Cathy is wonderful!

Posted by Doris9 July 15, 2013

My caregiver Sonya is wonderful!! Nobody can take her place.

Posted by Emile1 July 02, 2013

My caregiver Kris is my "God sent" angel.

Posted by Gerrie1 June 30, 2013

Caregiver Lacey is really good. She does anything I ask of her.

Posted by Rose17 June 29, 2013

I have had the same caregiver for over a year. She works really hard and is a huge help. I am 96 and I'm so appreciative of all she does for me.

Posted by Jackie14 June 29, 2013

Meghan is a credit to your company. She is so polite and they are lucky to have you.

Posted by Barbara44 June 29, 2013

My caregiver is doing a wonderful job. She does whatever I need. I hate that I am so bedbound, but Belinda is a "huge help". Thank you.

Posted by Marjorie2 April 17, 2013

Very pleased with us; unexpectedly great. Her biggest thrill is that we can take her to appointments without hassle. Very good quality of care. She has loved every single caregiver she has had with us.

Posted by Sharon14 April 12, 2013

We were so appreciative of the wonderful care provided for our mother. The caliber of the caregivers was very impressive and made mom's end of life so comfortable and comforting.

Posted by Maree1 March 29, 2013

Marie would like to give Mary Lou 6 stars since Mary Lou goes above and beyond. Marie is a hospice patient and Mary Lou is very kind and understanding.

Posted by John32 March 29, 2013

Our CG Rose does a really good job. She always asks if there is something more she can do for us. She is a very good worker.

Posted by Lori Meek January 14, 2012

I cannot speak of the care given by this agency, but the customer service exhibited by Sonya in answering some of my questions was wonderful. She was very patient and kind. I feel that working with any health providers can be very challenging and emotional for both the patient and the care giver! Kudos!

Other Options Nearby

Features of Home Instead Senior Care - Mentor, OH

Agency Type

• Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)

• Companion care

Types of care

• Transportation: Yes
  • Accompany clients to doctors' appointments
  • Light housekeeping
  • Companionship
  • Meal preparation
  • Errands & grocery shopping

Screening

• We interview every team member in person
  • We check references
  • We check driving records
  • We confirm legal U.S. residency
  • We require drug screenings

Training

• Staff members receive ongoing/continuing training

Training Areas

• Family Communication
  • Transition Issues
  • Memory Care

Payment details

• We handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers

Bonded/insured

• Our business is bonded and insured

Get Information