Home Instead Senior Care - Arnold, MD

Contact Now

Reviews of Home Instead Senior Care - Arnold, MD

Smittee December 11, 2015

Synopsis: I learned about Home Instead by word of mouth from co-workers who were using Home Instead services and were very pleased. We were using another in home care provider and we were very unhappy. We decided to change providers and we included Home Instead in our review process. We are very glad we did! Our in home care for Mom has gone from “stressed to Blessed”! Details: In home care. Something we never really gave much thought until suddenly at age 83 our Mom had some health problems that prevented her from being able to do some basic tasks without supervision and at times assistance. She is a fall risk so initially our major concern was that she might fall and hurt herself while attempting to get out of bed or while making her way to the restroom. In home care. You mean I have to have someone come into my house, leave them alone in my house with Mom while I am at work? Holy co-habitation Batman! I don't like the thought of this for many reasons! Alas, it is something that we have to do for Mom...and we all want Mom to be comfortable at home...as opposed to an Assisted Living facility since we have home as an option. We did our due diligence on a couple of in home care providers. Basically you set up a contract for service with the company and they sub-contract the job to an Independent Contractor who will be the caregiver or caregivers who come to your home. The first provider we chose is based in Columbia Maryland. To make a long story short, most of the caregivers from this company were good and had a good work ethic. The company however seemed to have serious organizational issues that most likely were the result of poor management. When calling the company we were made to feel as though we were imposing on the call taker. Once we registered our complaints, the company was very slow to respond and the initial response was usually unacceptable. Our money will spend anywhere and we were unhappy with the overall product we were receiving. We had other companies from which we could choose, so we did. In home care. Home Instead! We discovered Home Instead primarily by word of mouth. Two of my co-workers were using Home Instead for their loved ones. One was located in Glen Burnie Maryland, the other in Seaford Delaware. Both had wonderful things to say about the company and the people they sub-contract as caregivers. After our not so favorable experience with the other company, we had a better focus on the questions to ask and how to express our expectations. We contacted the Home Instead office located in Arnold Maryland. Our initial contact was with Pamela. Pamela came to our residence to meet Mom and observe how things were set up. Pamela wanted to be sure that Home Instead could provide the level of care that Mom needed. This makes perfect sense. It is tantamount to a job interview for the service provider as well as the service recipient. Either party can just say "no" or express concerns or establish specific stipulations if necessary. One of our needs was for the caregiver to transport Mom to a dialysis center 8 miles from home twice each week. Home Instead has been able to accommodate this life sustaining request. This truly is a partnership with a responsible and responsive company. I could go on with all the little things that have made our relationship with Home Instead a friendship but you need to put Home Instead on your short list of in home care providers to find out for yourself. Integrity, Reliable, Responsible, Compassionate, Caring are some of the reasons we love Home Instead, Arnold MD. What is most important is when our family encountered any bumps in the caregiver road, we contacted the Arnold office and were treated politely and professionally and our concerns were addressed promptly and appropriately. Kimberly personally made a site visit to gain an understanding about a concern we had. There has been an occasion or two where we were working with a new caregiver and the personality of the caregiver was not suited for what we needed. Kimberly listened to our concerns and found wonderful people (caregivers) for Mom. The best was Danielle! I would be remiss if I did not mention that when I call the office I usually speak with Lorraine who must be a Saint. Ever notice how detached... and sometimes even rude people can be when speaking with them on the phone or email? Lorraine answers the phone most of the time and is always pleasant and helpful. I have had dealings with Christine and Abi who are also outstanding members of the Home Instead Team in Arnold. I have got to ask you this: How often has the owner of a company contacted you to ensure you are happy with the service you are receiving? It may happen but not very often, however, Nick and I have corresponded on several occasions to make certain all is good in our neighborhood! In a nutshell, we are extremely happy and pleased that we included Home Instead in our review of in home caregivers! In our opinion, Home Instead, Arnold office has set the bar for other providers. The proof is in the pudding. Home Instead cares. Nothing is perfect but during our search for perfection Home Instead has addressed our concerns and has made it clear, it is not enough to pursue excellence, they strive to gain on it. Home Instead in Arnold has transformed our in home care for Mom from “stressed to Blessed”! The time it took you to read this review: A few minutes of your day. The cost of in home care: Several dollars. The cost of peace of mind knowing that your loved one is in the capable professional care of Home Instead: Priceless! I hope sharing our experiences will be of some help to you as you make these difficult choices and decisions. Best wishes to you and your loved ones.

Patrick Michael October 28, 2015

We were very pleased with the care, compassion and kindness given to our Dad. Everything went smoothly and we felt very confident that he was well cared for when family could not be there. Thank you Pam for going above and beyond.

Sue Gordon September 30, 2015

Your organization is a fine example of home care service. The employees are first rate. The office staff were very knowledgeable. Krista is the best in the world.

Michele29 June 29, 2015

The Home Instead staff is outstanding! The caregiver provides a top notch care for my son with multiple disabilities. I value her patience, kindness, and willingness to learn. She is a dedicated employee and so is the office staff.

Douglas2 February 15, 2014

We started with Home Instead Senior Care in August, and my wife continues to use them. It's just that she doesn’t have a bigger requirement for now because I'm not out of the house as much. I came across them when I searched online. I interviewed a couple and they seemed to be the most responsive and willing to get involved and support the needs that we have. We had about 4-5 caregivers for a period of 5 months, and this is for 5-6hrs if I need to be out of the house. They would come and they were fine. We had 2 or 3 that came most of the time but they were all caring and did exactly what they were supposed to do. They were great. They called me a week or so ago just to make sure I still require their service and I said absolutely!

Cullen December 26, 2012

We've been using Home Instead for about two weeks now. They provide us companion care for a dementia patient. I'm very satisfied with their service and I would recommend them.

From Home Instead Senior Care - Arnold, MD

Home Instead - Caregiver Skills

Features of Home Instead Senior Care - Arnold, MD

Agency Type

• Full Service Agency
  • Agency Extra Each Home Instead Senior Care Franchise Office Is Independently Owned And Operated.

• Companion Care
  • Range Of Services Extra Hospice Support, Alzheimer's And Other Dementias Care, Chronic Conditions

Types of care

Training Areas

• Family Communication
  • Transition Issues
  • Memory Care Training
  • Training Areas Extra The Aging Process, Building Relationships, Alzheimer's Or Other Dementias Care

Payment details