St. Vincent Hospice

8450 N Payne Rd, Indianapolis, IN, 46268

Top nearby Hospice Services

Reviews of St. Vincent Hospice

Cathyrambo July 14, 2012

My mother was in the St. Vincent Hospice Center for 16 days and she had the utmost best treatment I could have ever imagined. All staff was very helpful and willing to make all of us comfortable and took an extra mile to take care of my mother.

Indy35 April 14, 2012

I was very impressed with this facility. The staff was extremely friendly. The care counselors were willing to work with our family to understand everything that was going on. Their accounting department went above and beyond to handle insurance issues.

Michael F. October 04, 2011

My grandfather passed away in this facility. He had decided to stop his inhaler that he had used for nearly 20 years for COPD. I commend the staff on the treatment of my grandfather - the respect and dignity that was given to him; as well as my family and I.

He was given what he requested during his passing to ease his pain and suffering. The staff brought him whatever he wanted during his stay - and offered the entire family comfort during this time.

I appreciate the professionalism and attention that was given to my grandfather and to my family during this difficult time. My grandfather's suffering is over - and I know where he is now - and that he is at peace.

Sandina726 July 27, 2011

ST. Vincents hospice care located on Payne Rd in Indianapolis is amazing. I visited several times while my step mom was in there. Not only do they keep the patient in mind with extreme comforts they do the same for the family. The room is set up like a quaint little cottage your visiting, windows all around flowers birds etc. Very nice ,very private as well. The number one thing they do exceptionally well is.. Make visitors feel like this is there guest house they are so welcome. No extremes on checking in and what you can and can't do.

Karen Lasley May 12, 2009

My loved one stayed here

We had all kinds of issues with the staff. Our loved one had many visitors and they told us we had to schedule his visitors. They were told before I ever signed the papers that he was the Mayor of our City and there would be many visitors and it wasn't a problem then. Our church brought in food for the family, which we shared with other patient's family members and Hospice staff and we were told that the food had to be removede from the facility. Why have a kitchen if they don't want food brought in. He was bathed and was left with blood stained clothing and bedding. We were asked if he would want a catheter and I told them 'no' due to the Urologist's consult had advised us not to do so and they put one in him when I was out of the room. He had ants in his bed. I broke down in the hallway and they called Security on me. We asked one night if they would take his blood pressure as my daughter had gone home and was at least 30 minutes away and his breathing was worse than it had been. They informed me that they only take blood pressure readings once a day and they had just taken it 1 1/2 hours before so they would not take it again. We had many other issues with them, but I will be lucky if they allow this much to go through.

About St. Vincent Hospice

St. Vincent Hospice is a hospice care provider serving Indianapolis, IN and the surrounding area. St. Vincent Hospice offers care and emotional, social, and spiritual support for patients and their families in end-of-life scenarios. Contact the provider for more details on services and rates.