Lake Port Square Continuing Care Retirement Community

600 Lake Port Blvd., Leesburg, FL, 34748

Reviews of Lake Port Square | Continuing Care Retirement Community

May 01, 2015

By lividrelative

My father was there after back surgery. The medical care was inadequate. They did not change the dressing on his back for two days. Would not come in and give him a bath. Took the doctor 4 hours after he had been called to see my father. When asked for a supervisor it took another 2 1/2 hours for them to see my father. But when my father told them he wanted to go home, someone was there in 3 minutes to start the paper work. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us did not meet you and your loved one’s expectations. We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 or email us at familyconnection@brookdale.com to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

April 27, 2015

By Karen105088650

I would recommend Lake Port Square in Leesburg for rehab and lifetime care living. That's where my mom was for rehab. It was excellent. They were wonderful to my mother. It was very clean and very nice. The food was excellent.

March 26, 2015

By Richard104159550

Lake Port is very nice, and the staff is upfront and professional. The rooms were pretty good, but overall I wasn’t impressed with the cleanliness; however, the common area and dining area are pretty clean and nice.

January 18, 2015

By Nelda3

Lake Port Square is a wonderful place to live, and if I have to go in anywhere, this is where I will go. They have everything here. I know that the people here liked it because I know some people that were billionaires that lived here. The rooms are very nice. You can get anything you like. You don't have to get a kitchen. You can just get the bedroom part. Some people can't afford the kitchen and everything. The woman that I work for can afford the small kitchen where she can cook for herself. It is just really nice.

November 03, 2014

By Mary96657450

Lake Port Square was very, very good. I have nothing bad to say about them. The staff was fabulous and very informative. The rooms were very nice but they’re more expensive for the space. One really good thing for my parents is they could have kept their own doctors. One of the reasons we didn’t choose it was it didn’t seem active enough for my mom.

July 31, 2014

We chose Lake Port Square because it was very close to my parents' existing living area. My parents have been there for 12 weeks now. The staff is very helpful. My parents have a one-bedroom-one-bathroom apartment. It has full kitchen. It is just under 1000 square feet. They have one meal a day. We have eaten there and the food was very good. The dining room was very much like a restaurant situation.

January 18, 2014

I liked the surrounding area of Lake Port Square because they had a lake. It was gorgeous. But I didn't like the building. The guy who gave us the tour was pleasant. However, we don't belong there, unless I would sell my house first. But then when the money's gone where would I go. They would charge you according to the rooms that you would get, but that would mean within a year, I would be in the street. They would give the amount of rent, but then if you were married, they would tell that the second person would costs more. They had average rooms. They were not tremendously big. I would need two rooms. I didn't see the activities but everyone were bragging about the activities and I saw people waiting for the bus because I they took them out anywhere. I would tell my friends and loved ones to see this place.

June 26, 2013

By John46

The Lake Port Square is close to where I live and from where I work that's why we've chosen that place for my parents. It was the best one we looked around and it's an active community. They are in the independent living area. Aside also from having assisted living they have also nursing home so they can go through the stages right there. The room is nice. The food is fantastic. They have like a five star restaurant there that you go every day. They also have ice cream parlor, barber shop, beauty shop. If the residents need to go anywhere, they will pick them up and take them anywhere they want. Overall, it's a fantastic place. It's top of the line. They liked it and they have a nice view of the lake out their window and they love it.

May 22, 2013

By Helen12

I liked Lake Port Square very much. I liked the location and the units. The staff was very nice, too.

October 11, 2012

By DonaldN

Lake Port Square was a very, very nice place. The staff was excellent.

Photos of Lake Port Square

Features of Lake Port Square

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Dining Extra: 2 Full Service Dining Rooms Plus A Cafe

• Coffee Shop
  • General Store
  • Hiking Trails
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, W/D In Unit, Lake With Boat Dock And Boat

• Pharma

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Home Sale Assistance

About Lake Port Square

Lake Port Square provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program, filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Within its Continuing Care Retirement Communities, Brookdale Senior Living provides Rehabilitation and Healthcare Centers, where professional staff provide compassionate medical care when needed. Whether for short-term rehabilitation, or for longer-term nursing care, our communities provide excellent services and attention that extends beyond the clinical details of recovery.

Residents of Brookdale Continuing Care Retirement Communities enjoy peace of mind knowing that opportunities for optimizing their health, wellness and convenience await them. With Inspired Independent Living, Personalized Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing care, Brookdale Continuing Care Retirement Communities provide the lifestyles our residents want, the services they need and abundant opportunities to enjoy life in comfort, with convenience and style.

Conveniently located just off S.R. 44. The community is just a few blocks away from the Leesburg Regional Medical Center and Venetian Gardens, a beautiful waterfront park, is within walking distance. In addition, downtown Leesburg, filled with shopping and dining opportunities, is just minutes away.

Map of Lake Port Square