Heritage Community of Kalamazoo

Overview of Ratings

4.3

October 24, 2012

By mitch13

This assisted living home is better than most others that I've been in. The quality of the food is far superior in comparison with the ones I've visited. From what I could tell the staff seemed patient and friendly when dealing with the elders. From what my grandpa has told me there are always a lot of activities to stay involved in to keep busy so I found that a very important point. When activities are involved it allows for everyone to get to know each other a bit better and gives everyone a sense of belonging. However, there were a few negatives that I found about this home. One is that the bathrooms are not as spacious as I'd imagined they'd be. Another thing that I didn't really care for was the televisions that were provided with each room. The televisions were of an older style than I'm used to seeing so new flat screens (nothing big) could be introduced.

November 18, 2011

By cjzim

This is a wonderful facility with care levels ranging from simply independent living apartments to assisted living ( two different faciliities on campus to acommodate differing financial needs), two Alzheimer's/dementia units and a nursing home. I have had loved ones living in nearly all of the various facilities on campus (independent living, assisted living, Alzheimer's unit and nursing home) and all experiences have been great with wonderful care, utilizing up-to-date methods and current best practices in caring for the elderly, particularly in the Alzheimer's facility. Staff is well-trained, compassionate, loving, for the most part.

September 12, 2011

By thepianoman

Visiting this nursing home was not a pleasant experience. There were several sick elderly people that weren't receiving the help they needed. I can recall a time when a woman yelled help for around 3 minutes before she was tended to. However the home was clean and aside from the late responses from the staff, it was decent.

May 29, 2011

By Kzoo34

Friend or relative of resident

I visited this facility a few times a week for about six months while keeping track of an old neighbor. When she moved to the facility I said I would visit. The grounds were very well kept in the summer and the common areas seemed to be free of dust and dirt. I was invited to stay for a meal and while it wasn't fine dining my old neighbor had no complaints. Overall she seemed to be fairly happy there at least while I was able to visit.

About Heritage Community of Kalamazoo

Refund Plans: 100% of Entrance Fee. Priority access to Assisted Living and Nursing Care on discounted Fee-For-Service basis.

Map of Heritage Community of Kalamazoo