Payment

Availability

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Franciscan Oaks

Architecturally spectacular, Franciscan Oaks sits in the gently rolling hills of beautiful Morris County. Located within walking distance of downtown Denville, a popular shopping center in Morris County, Franciscan Oaks is just steps from charming specialty stores, many restaurants, banks, a library, museum, park and a famous ice cream parlor. Next door is Saint Clare's Hospital in Denville, northern New Jersey's premier provider of community-based healthcare and across the street are more than 50 physicians.

As a senior living community with continuing care, Franciscan Oaks provides you and your family peace of mind, because you know your future is secure if your health ever changes. Our campus includes independent living and a full continuum of care.

Reviews of Franciscan Oaks

Posted by amaur August 06, 2015
1.0

My relative was happy in independent living but the situation changed drastically when moved to the health center. I discovered two life threatening illnesses the nurses and doctors were completely unaware of. They should be spending more time observing the residents' overall health.

Posted by Jane109111650 July 21, 2015

We are pleased with Franciscan Oaks, and the only thing we didn’t like was having to put so much money up, but then we are buying the unit. The rooms were beautiful and lovely. The atmosphere was very good, and sanitation was excellent.

Posted by caring04371 November 29, 2014

Over at the Franciscan Oaks, they charge you more on a monthly fee, but they don't charge you for the little stuff. You can walk from this place to downtown Denver, which is good. They have the graded levels of assisted level, and then the final care. They were more expensive monthly, but they don't nickel and dime you for cleaning your car off of snow or for doing little things for you.

Posted by Sonny13 October 31, 2014

Franciscan Oaks was terrific: very modern, easily accessible, full range of activities, and a support staff. It’s a combination of assisted living and independent living if you like. Everything’s fine there. There’s a regular maintenance schedule. The place is clean and up to date. The staff is very friendly. The food is excellent. You can cook if you want; you have your own kitchen.

Posted by Caring87508150 June 26, 2014

I liked Franciscan Oaks as soon as I saw it. If I had to go to someplace, that's where. I could obtain all meals every day. However, it was mainly senior living. They had a lot of things to do, I just don't know them specifically. They arrange to take you to shows and symphonies, to Peppermill and to Broadway if you want. I saw two different suites, and they were large in area. I have recommended them to other people.

Posted by Child of resident May 14, 2014
1.0

My Mother really loved Franciscan Oaks prior to moving in, however her experience has gone downhill since she moved there. While some of the staff is truly wonderful, some of the staff has treated my mother badly and is uncaring. The food was wonderful in the independent living area, but is some of the worst institutional food available when they get moved to the health center. There is a reason that they have 25% of their independent living area unrented. They need to be looking inward and improve the lives of their residents. The place seemed nice until my mother needed more care.

Posted by Arroyo March 13, 2014
1.0

I have found the administration of the facility to be uncaring and dismissive. It is infuriating to try to get information from them. It has been a terrible experience dealing with them as my loved one's health declines.

Posted by Marbalina October 01, 2013
1.0

When people visit Franciscan Oaks in Denville nobody thinks that one day they will need skilled nursing (The Health Center). Big big disappointment is waiting for you there. Over the years I have seen so many changes and far from good. Residents used to have separate rooms to visit with their families, have a private time. Now those rooms are offices. On the second floor residents used to have private spacious rooms, dinning room. Now they have to eat in the activity room because dinning room became a rehabilitation room. And now those nice private rooms, people from anywhere can use. What used to be for Franciscan Oaks residents -no more. Most of employes who have worked there for many years and cared about their residents got fired. The administration changes every few months. And nobody cares.So think about it. Do you really want to move into Franciscan Oaks in Denville?

Posted by Maryjane2 August 27, 2013
4.0

My husband and I have already found a place but we haven't moved in yet. This is Franciscan Oaks. It is a very cheerful place. It is very nice. The halls are spacious. Their rooms are spacious. I'm looking forward to going in there.

Posted by Amy4 December 12, 2012

They have a lot of activities for the people that live there. My mom recently passed away, and I find my dad is taking advantage of some stuff...but he could do a lot more. I wish they would give him a nudge to do more. The people that work there are very caring and thoughtful. There are many opportunities to get help that i didnt realize until my mom died. A caretaker can come for as little as 15 min. a day...and help with little things. For a fee they will sort medication and even order refills. There are movies and music during the week after dinner.

Location of Franciscan Oaks

Features of Franciscan Oaks

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses.
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• General store
  • 24-hour security gate
  • Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• Licenses: 60A002

• Monthly rent is all inclusive

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• Minimum age: 62

Get Details

• Get a quote
  • Learn about payment options
  • Make an appointment

By submitting this form, you agree to Caring.com's Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Agreement to be Contacted by Telephone.