NEED HELP FINDING CONTINUING CARE RETIREMENT COMMUNITIES?

Talk to an advisor for free: (866) 515-8248

Top nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities:

Reviews of East Ridge

Posted by Caring106322250 June 01, 2015

We visited East Ridge Retirement Village, and we were very impressed with the facilities, but we felt it was rather too expensive for us. We were shown two apartments; both had two bedrooms, and they had been newly decorated. I myself preferred a bath to a shower. Apparently, they were all showers, and all the toilets were wheelchair heights, which I didn't find comfortable, but those were just my preferences. The staff seemed helpful, and they spent a lot of time showing us around.

They showed us the gym, and there was man watching television and walking on a treadmill there. There were people in the library. One was doing the jigsaw puzzle, and the other people were reading. They had a computer room and an auditorium. They showed us the menu, and I had been to a luncheon that they organized in a hotel a few weeks earlier, which I imagine would be typical with what the residents would be eating. The food was very nice.

One thing with East Ridge, you pretty much buy your apartment, and then you pay a monthly fee in addition. It was independent living, you transition to assisted living, and then you transition to full care when you're really old. I liked it very much, but I don't think I could afford it, unfortunately. They had a swimming pool. They had nice landscaping with trees so you could walk around if you wanted to walk. It was very nice. I would certainly go if I could afford it. They had maid service once a week. They would change the linens and the towels.

Posted by Jeff30 December 15, 2014

My wife and I chose East Ridge because it is not in a hotel-like setting, so we feel we have a lot more privacy. It is like a little house, and it is bigger than the house that we had before. The grounds are beautiful, and we felt so peaceful and comfortable. The staff are very helpful and kind. Both of us have walking problems, and the house is built that it goes kind of straight through, so there is nothing really to block our way about getting around things. It is very easy to move in. It was built with wheelchairs in mind. There are Bingo and Bridge games. We are theater goers, and there is a regular bus that goes to the theater every Sunday. There are movie nights, birthday nights, and a lot of lectures. There are meeting groups discussing spiritual things. Our house has lovely flowers in the front. On the back, there is a screened in porch, and on the other side right next to it, there is a palm forest. It is like we're on vacation the whole time. It was really perfect.

Posted by Caring73295250 September 25, 2014

East Ridge Retirement Village is a 72 acre gated community with 24-hour security. Everything is provided from independent living, to assisted living, to a nursing home. My mother has a one bedroom apartment with a huge private screened porch. Their dining room is fantastic with their great service. They have a varied menu. My mother likes their activities such as exercises and movie nights. They take the residents to church and field trips. They have everything you would ever want. It is a wonderful place. I would highly recommend it!

Posted by george braddock August 10, 2013

The place is very, very nice. So far everybody that I talked to at East Ridge seemed happy. Their food was awesome.

Location of East Ridge