Brookdale Yorba Linda

Overview of Ratings

3.3

January 29, 2015

By Betty101147950

My mother is in a skilled facility and not in long term assistance. The name of the facility is Brookdale Yorba Linda. We have been looking at sites for the last six months for assisted and senior. We're familiar with it, and it is covered by their insurance. The dining room is very nice. They have activities that my mom is not involved with because she is bed ridden. What impressed me most is mom's care. We're involved with it and where she'll go next. The place is safe and secured enough. I have no issues and no complaints.

September 14, 2014

By breares

I visited a relative living there in 2013 & 2014. The place is immaculate, no weird smells. When a resident moves on they not only change the mattress, they wash the walls around the area! My relative is really picky and told me she loved the staff because they are so attentive and responsive to her requests. The grounds are lovely & the interior is really nice. Great care!

August 26, 2014

By LovelyLady00000871

Emeritus at Yorba Linda is very beautiful. They have an assisted living area. When you go in there it looks like you’re going into a night club. It has a beautiful yard and patio areas where you can sit. They have a gorgeous dining room. I have eaten at Yorba Linda. Their food is very good. The staff is superb. They’re very caring. People are allowed to bring their pets. I would have left my mom there if I had the money. It’s just a really nice place.

March 19, 2014

By Steve33

We were impressed with the layout of Emeritus at Yorba Linda in general. The lady who spoke with us was extremely helpful, she gave us a lot of information and followed up with a phone call. We were also impressed with the knowledge of the individual who did the tour with us, about how things would work based on our particular situation and the people who were there providing the care do so very well with their attentiveness. The biggest problem comes in putting them in specific places, and we understand that. The problem is we're looking for 2 persons, and one of them has memory issues. So, the way we understand it, because she has memory issues, there would be two options. One is they will be placed together in the memory area, even if he may not be qualified for it; or, they will be placed in a studio arrangement. We're talking about a couple who for 15 years have been living in a 2500 square foot home, now sharing a studio. There's no way we can convince my father-in-law to be placed with his wife in a studio from a place he is living right now, that just wouldn't work. And to be quite frank, for an average person, they should do something like sell their home in order to pay for a place like that.

October 28, 2013

Emeritus at Yorba Linda was not our first choice. However, the location was great. The facility itself I would rate highly. It's very clean. The staff was very accommodating. I would recommend this place. However, I thought they were a little bit pricey.

October 08, 2012

By Almonee

Do not let the nice exterior fool you. This facility is rated 1 star for a good reason. And I rated it 1 star also, although I would have rated it minus 5 stars if I could. The care is abysmal boarding on dangerous. My mother had a PICC line; the nurses there did not know how to draw blood from it. The first time they tried they did not do it correctly so her lab results were suspicious. They then sent her to the St. Jude emergency room. The emergency room doctor reran the tests and they came back fine. Bottom line: they had drawn the blood incorrectly. He stated that he would advise them on the correct way to draw blood from a PICC line. After that episode, the Phlebotomists would try to draw blood by sticking her arm. We had to go to the Director of Nursing; not once, not twice, but three times before we could get the staff at Emeritus to only draw blood from her PICC line and only trusted one nurse to do it correctly. They neglected cleaning and applying a new bandage in the area around her G-Tube on a daily basis. The Doctor had to issue an order to have it changed and cleaned and now dated (since they could not be relied on to change it). They still did not comply with the Doctor's orders. So he issued new orders; to have the bandage changed three times a day. They still did not comply with the Doctor's order. (We had pictures.) When I brought this up to the Director of Nursing; she stated, "It is not in our policy to date a bandage." I replied, "You were only issued those orders from the Doctor because your facility could not even change it once a day. We have pictures to prove that." Her reply was, "We do not allow you to take pictures here." The Director of Nursing, said in a telephone conversation to me, "If you do not like the care that your mother is getting, move her." My mother finally left this facility only after her outside Doctor insisted that they call 911 and send her to the emergency at St. Jude; she was in such a deteriorated state of health. The facility was reluctant to follow the Doctor's orders to dial 911, stating that we needed to do that. We argued with the nurses and they finally at our insistence did dial 911.When she got to the St. Jude emergency room we found out the she had a Pressure Sore. Pressure sores or bed sores are the result of lack of care by a facility and can constitute Elder Abuse. My mother never experienced pressure sores before coming to this facility.

June 23, 2012

By Nursing Home

This facility was great overall. I really enjoyed the fact that we could show up just about any time and go straight to my grandmother's room. The staff was usually very friendly. When we would go visit my grandmother the staff would allow us to take her outside for a walk, play a game or just visit in her room without interruption. This was true in all areas that she stayed in. The staff was also very informative about her condition and would even allow us to step in and help with her care to make sure she took her meds and ate her food. Especially since the staff were not allowed to force them to do any of that. From day one when we had our consultation, I had a very good feeling about this place and that proved to be true. The grounds were also kept nice and when we went on walks always enjoyed sitting in the gazebo and looking at the roses.

February 01, 2012

By socalanon

My mother was directed to the skilled nursing side of this facility after being discharged from her hospital. It was not our first choice but the bed was available at this facility and not the one of our choice. This is a dismal skilled nursing facility. It looks "nice" but it is woefully understaffed. The atmosphere is generally just depressing. No one seems to be in charge. The attention is cursory and minimal. It has a 1 star Medicare rating. I thank God we were able to locate another bed in a more caring, fully staffed facility. Beware.

November 21, 2011

By Michael F.

I was very impressed with Brighton Gardens' facility and staff; and especially their patient-specific Memory Care program. My client has been here for almost a year - and I have seen an improvement rather than a decline - as you often see in Assisted Living facilities. That to me, speaks very highly of the facility and the services that they provide. My client was also very happy being at this facility. He would often mention how the staff were very attentive and compassionate toward the other clients; and they would always speak to him whenever they passed by him. They also offered Individualized Service Plans, which customized the care for each client and their specific needs. And, it is in a great location as well - just south of Chino Hills. Although it is quite a commute from LA - it is worth being in the area that this facility is located in. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone in the East LA / Anaheim area.

August 02, 2011

By anonymous687

Upon my arrival at this location, I was disappointed in seeing the residents wander by the windows. I am not too certain if they were sun downing, but their appeared to be insufficient staff members present in the main dining hall. Furthermore, a number of lower functioning (wheelchair bound) residents could be found in their high-chairs watching an I love Lucy show. The residents did not appear to be enjoying the show. I have been to this community a number of times, and was shocked to see it spinning. When I approached the Marketing Director about the lack of supervision, she informed me that most of the staff members were on a lunch break. I had expected more attention to detail from an Emeritus operated building.

We are truly sorry that your experience at our community was anything less than positive. We welcome and appreciate your feedback. Our goal is to always provide the best for our residents, and if your experience was less than positive"¦ then we want to hear from you and ensure that a positive change is made. Please feel free to contact us online at http://www.emeritus.com/ethics or via phone at (800) 429-4828. Thank you.

Photos of Brookdale Yorba Linda

Features of Brookdale Yorba Linda

• Licenses: License #AL306004693/License #SNF060000546/PCOA #244

About Brookdale Yorba Linda

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Yorba Linda