Brookdale Brookhurst

15302 Brookhurst St., Westminster, CA, 92683

Reviews of Brookdale Brookhurst

Laurie38 September 29, 2015

Brookdale Brookhurst (Formerly Emeritus at Brookhurst) was not somewhere I wanted my mom to be. The staff was very nice, but they didn't have a nice family room area. The rooms were fine; I just didn't like the setup. The dining area and the social area were really small.

Jayne6 May 17, 2015

I went to Broodale Brookhurst, and I liked that one. However, my mother didn't like that she had to go so far upstairs to a room and come down the elevator. The woman who showed us around was very nice. The room was very nice. She actually showed us one where someone was about to move in and the family members had come and decorated it nicely for their dad. She showed us a couple of different sized rooms, and they were very nice.

I knew they took them out and do things on a little bus; that was a nice thing to do so that they were not always staying inside. I liked that it was close to my dad. I used to live there, so I was familiar with it when they first built it. I liked the little garden -- the sitting area outside; it was very nice, and the people were very nice.

Van3 April 07, 2015

I love Brookdale Brookhurst. The staff are very friendly and very professional. I like my apartment. It's very airy and open. I eat everyday, and the food is OK. The dining room is very nice. They got all kinds of activities. I have no problems with security. I like the looks of the facility, and it is very clean.

Caring102166250 February 09, 2015

My aunt is in a great facility called Brookdale Brookhurst, and they have done a great job. They are just very conscientious and communicative, and they take good care of her. The rooms are spacious. It is much more spacious than where she was before at half the price. They have all kinds of things like bingo, poker, and singing. They take them on day trips, arts and crafts, and all kinds of stuff. She's only been there for about a month, and I haven't had much communication with the nurse. Other than that, I think it's been great.

Caring99337550 December 20, 2014

My mom has been at Brookdale Brookhurst since mid October. It was Emeritus before, but they changed the name. It seems clean and well attended. It is only a mile from my house, so that is a big thing. Some of the people we saw and spoke to looked happy there. Everybody is quite nice, cheerful, and helpful. The staff is quite accommodating; they check on her. That’s a great relief for my husband and me to know she’s been watched after. She complains about the food a little bit. She thought it could be better prepared as it should be. But they can try to work it out. They had a meeting about that because there’s a change of ownership. The main thing she fusses about is the staff. They would knock on her door and just open it. She doesn’t like it at all. Because it’s her apartment, they should not do that unless there’s an emergency.

Caring102437050 December 02, 2014

Price and distance from our home made us chose Emeritus at Brookhurst, and they had all the services we were looking for. I had set minimum standards, and they met those. The dining room had to have more than one choice for each meal, and they had to have some alternates like salads, chips, cheese, and sandwiches just in case mom didn’t like what was on the menu. The rooms had to be reasonable size -- which they are.

Jacqueline13 October 22, 2014

My daughter and I were very pleased with Emeritus at Brookhurst. It was a very nice experience. I thought their entertainment facilities were wonderful, and the rooms were very nice; the dining room was lovely, their patio and atriums for the people to walk around in were nice, and the building was nice, so everything was fine. I haven’t eaten there, but it looked like the menu was very good.

Caring83371750 May 10, 2014

I visited Emeritus at Brookhurst, and everything there was nice. The work attitude of the staff was fine during my visit, but the problem was pricing because I called on Monday and they said they had a room for $1,850, and I called back two days later, and they said, "We never had a room for that price." I gave the name of the person I talked to, which was the director, and they said, "No we don't have it," and I said, "Your director doesn't know your prices?" It was way too expensive. I would call the director again and I would say, "This is what you told me. Is that still good?"

Colette2 January 31, 2014

Emeritus at Brookhurst was great. The staff was wonderful. It was a really good experience. I thought the rooms were great also. They were very clean and very spacious. For activities, they have outings, like going out to restaurants. I really like this facility, but it was just too far from my home.

Robin20 January 30, 2014

Emeritus at Brookhurst is wonderful. We loved the place and that's why we moved mom there. It was a good fit for her. Financially, it was a good place. The facility itself is just pleasant to look at. It's pleasant inside, decorated very nicely, and clean. It has every need that mom needs. The people are fantastic. They have been so gracious, so giving, and kind to her. It just seemed perfect.

jackjoy October 23, 2013

Do notl et the seemingly nice facilities fool you. My father lived in this facility for 2 years. His room was never cleaned properly, his clothing would be stolen and the night "high School" attendants are never around. They also got my father's medication crossed causing a medical issue. Absolutely would not recommend this place to anyone. I have looked at many facilities, all I can tell you is you have to be very active in the care of your loved one. Do not trust that these places will do what they say they will do.. If your loved one is high funtioning I guess they will be fine, if they have needs this is not the place. This is by far the worst place I have ever had my father in.

Caring72894450 October 18, 2013

We looked at thirteen places and Emeritus had the best and nicest room of all. Mother really liked it. Their facilitator, Kenny, was thorough and helpful. We had sat with the residents and had lunch there and it was terrific. However, the neighborhood wasn't what my mother had hoped for.

Caring71423850 October 04, 2013

The rooms at Emeritus were spacious and adequate for what they were using it for. The staff was pleasant. Everybody seemed to be neat.

Carol36 June 26, 2013

Emeritus at Brookhurst appeared a very fine place. It was clean. We had lunch there and the food was delicious. We were looking at shared rooms. It was like one bedroom chopped in half and no privacy really for one of the people, but the room was okay. All the staff seemed to be very friendly and there were a lot of activities to do, so that's pretty good.

Caring3563 June 19, 2013

The woman who conducted the tour at Emeritus at Westminster was terrific. She is great. We would definitely consider the place. They have fairly reasonable price for the size of the rooms. They also have a nice little outdoor area. I tried eating there and food was okay, not fantastic.

Paula8 May 22, 2013

One of the reasons that we are considering Emeritus at Westminster for my mother was affordability. Another reason was the caring manner of staff when they responded to my inquiry and attended to us during our visit. We met a lot of their staff, from the kitchen staff to the reception staff. The director gave us a personal tour and everybody was very kind, very considerate, and they seemed very caring. It was a great tour. We had a meal there and the food was excellent.

Dorothy12 April 09, 2013

The food at Emeritus Brookhurst looked and smelled great. The staff was great, too. But it's not a locked down facility, and just did not fit my needs.

TT1 July 04, 2012

Brookhurst is a very nice community with a caring staff and wonderful residents.

crippedpig June 29, 2012

Originally, I was skeptical about moving my grandma into assisted living care, but after researching online and paying a visit to Emeritus, I gladly changed my mind about the whole thing.When we arrived there, the staff was nothing less than angelic. They saw that we were skeptical and unsure about the place and they were extremely helpful in explaining the facility and providing us with a full tour. They were kind, eager to help, and extremely cheerful. They really set the tone of the place to be warm and vacation-y, which helped quicken the pace of recovery. The healing there was incredible. Overall I am extremely satisfied with the services that they provided and I knew that my grandma was in good care. What ever she needed and when ever she needed something, nurses were at her beck and call and they were happily obliging to help her out. I would definitely recommend Emeritus to anyone who is doubtful and you will not regret your decision at all.

Michael F. November 10, 2011

Emeritus at Brookhurst is an amazing facility. It has a castle-style building exterior and interior, with lush beds and dining tables/chairs. This was more like a modern castle than any type of elderly care facility that I have ever been to.

They had rehabilitation nurses on staff to take care of my client from a fall that he had before he entered the facility - and he was very impressed with how the staff members treated him and his visitors. The staff seemed very professional, knowledgeable, and compassionate toward the clients that were staying there.

The rooms were also decorated very nicely, looking more like a lush apartment than a hospital room - as many elderly care places do.

I would highly recommend Emeritus.

Savannah Janya August 05, 2011

After searching numerous facilities in the Westminster, Huntington Beach and Fountain Valley areas for an assisted living home for my father, we found Emeritus. Emeritus was clean, open and airy. It truly was like having your own apartment but the comfort of knowing there was a qualified staff around to help Dad with every need. He could stay in his own apartment and still receive delicious meals, help with bathing, housecleaning, shopping and organizing his medications. The apartments are large, well lit and had all the extra supports you would hope for in an assisted living facility, walk in showers, safety rails, intercoms, etc. For our family, Emeritus was the perfect place to give Dad the independence he desired along with the assistance he needed for our peace of mind. When we began our search of a facility, the staff at Emeritus helped us find the right program to fit all of Dad's needs, but more importantly treated us all with respect and kindness. Dad never felt like he was getting put somewhere, this was in part his decision also. Emeritus was a great facility and a great place to call home.

Denise White July 31, 2011

My sister and I searched several Assisted Living Facilities before deciding on Emeritus at Brookhurst for my father. From the first tour we took of the facility to the day we moved our father in, we were so impressed with the staff. Everyone was so very kind and courteous with all of us, but they especially went out of their way to make my father feel welcome and alleviate any of his fears. A year later, we continue to be very pleased with the caring staff, the amenities offered and the cleanliness of the facility. Each time we visit my father is well groomed, the room is clean and the staff is able to keep us up to date on his medical and physical needs. Additionally, the grounds and the buildings are bright, cheerful and well-maintained. My father is also happy that his room looks like a miniature apartment and not a hospital room.Recently, when my father had to be hospitilized for a minor operation, two of the staff members visited him in the hospital to see how he was doing and to ask if we needed anything. When they say that they treat all of their guests as family, they truly mean it. Making the decision to place our father in assisted living was so difficult, but knowing they he is safe and well cared for is priceless.

From Brookdale Brookhurst

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Brookhurst

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: 306002962 rcfe
  • State License(s): 306002962

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Brookhurst