Amber Court Assisted Living of Westbury

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Amber Court Assisted Living of Westbury

July 15, 2015

By Michael110198250

Amber Court Assisted Living of Westbury was a very nice place. I liked it a lot. They had two separate dining rooms. If you have the money, you can live very nicely there. I was impressed. The staff was very helpful. They had movies and religious services.

We really appreciate your positive feedback. We love hearing from people who visited us.

June 13, 2015

By Toni12

It looked like they try to keep the residents social, and they took good care of them at Amber Court. They had a lot of different things to do to keep them entertained. The whole place seemed very clean. The person who took me around was very good, very helpful, and knowledgeable. And the staff looked like they were doing group things with the residents and enjoying it.

April 14, 2015

By djuliette

My Aunt lived at Amber Court for 2 years. We were all very happy with the care that she received. She always had plenty of activities to keep her busy. The staff was always cheerful, and the place was very clean. I highly recommend Amber Court!

April 05, 2015

By CawfeeTawk

I would highly recommend Amber Court especially if you're aiming for quality care at more affordable prices. Their Medicaid-funded program is also a big benefit. My brother and I don't have to worry about relocating our dad in 2 years if he outlives his savings. We want him to stay here a good, long time & continue to enjoy activities with the friends he made. We also find the staff to be very cheerful and responsive. A lot of them are working together many years and share a warm bond with each other and the residents. The atmosphere is very personal in general, which is a credit to the members of this family owned business.

March 11, 2015

By old lad

Amber Court has a lot to be desired. The place smells like urine, I think getting the carpets cleaned professionally(not in house staff) and washing the floors daily would take care of this. The recreation room is chairs in a row like you are at the DMV. The workers run the place, there is no management unless they are looking for money. The food is at a Nursing Home standard not Assisted Living. I think families put their loved ones their because of the location and the Medicaid aspect. The rooms are dirty, walls need to be painted, and the beds are terrible! It is truly hard to get old and needy on Long Island there are very few choices to be made and even the crappy ones like Amber court get $4,000 a month. Try to keep your parents away from here.

We apologize that you didn't have a positive experience with us. We are looking to improve every day. Please call me and let me know how we can improve your experience. Thanks, Traci 516-334-3838

January 23, 2015

By Irene19

Amber Court of Westbury is nice and looks like it is well kept up. The rooms are OK. But I didn't like that there are a lot of multiple rooms. They have an activity room where they can do different things like play cards, games, and crafts. The person who assisted me was very pleasant and answered all my inquiries.

September 17, 2014

Amber Court Assisted Living of Westbury was a shared room, and they didn't have memory care that my father-in-law needed. Everything about it was nice, and it looked clean, but it all came down to what he needed.

March 21, 2014

By Jasper2014

My family looked at this facility for my mother-in-law. The woman giving the tour would not answer any questions until after the tour. She spent almost 2 hours talking to us, but still didn't answer all out questions. In the last week I have called twice and emailed twice. She finally responded today saying we should find a different place. I guess we asked too many questions. Also, I am picky and 2 of the signs they had hanging up (1 for residents & 1 for staff) had spelling errors. I think the little items are just as important as the big items. We have looked at many places and this is not one of the better ones we saw.

November 05, 2012

By Bill5

Amber Court is very nice and very clean. They're expanding it. They take Medicaid.

October 30, 2012

By Ronman87

The staff was not very accommodating at all. I went to visit my friend Sal for his birthday and the staff did not even recognize that he was turning 90. He was able to have a few visitors in his room and the management let us have a small area in the dining room. But the staff itself that he deals with on a day to day basis had no idea about the event, they either didn't care(which it seemed like) or had not been informed. Myself and Sal's family had been trying to plan this get together for a weeks, the management was somewhat cooperative, when they returned our phone calls and emails. Other than this experience the operation seemed to fine and Sal really does enjoy himself there and his newest girlfriend Diana is always talking about the beauty salon they have downstairs and how much she loves going there.

August 28, 2012

By Molly10

I thought that it was overall a nice place. I was upset that they did not offer in house physical therapy to their residents. The staff was friendly and professional. They did accept medicaid which I was happy about, but the initial up front cost were too expensive. There was no pool on sight for the residents, but there were recreational activities available to the residents. The residents within this facility that we spoke with appeared to be happy with residing there. The menu that they had within the facility considered cultural beliefs. For example, menu's did take into consideration those individuals that only eat kosher foods. The menu also catered to people that had health concerns like diabetes.

June 09, 2012

By caring6062

It was very good! When you walk in there, it was different. It didn't seem institutionalized. I think the price ranges for anyone's needs so I think it's doable. It depends on what you really want so you had options. The woman who gave the tour was very informative, very gentle and very open to answering any questions. So I found it a great experience. Sure would recommend the facility!

May 12, 2012

By Marianne2

This is a wonderful place for my dad. The staffs are very caring and accommodating. They help him shower, get dressed, take his medicines and with other stuff he wants to do. He gets his meals 3 times a day and he says the food is great. Because he has Dementia, he doesn't really want to interact with others, he just stays in his room and watch TV. I can't think of anything that this place needs to improve; my dad is really in a good place.

November 19, 2011

By Uptwngrl1957

On Long Island, New York there are only 3 medicare/medicaide assisted living facilities. I went to all three to check them out. All three were extremely clean, well kept, and with an awesome staff. Each had their own ways of doing activities, along with living headquarters, and cost. I chosed Amber Court for Mom's residence. It was only 20 mins. from my home, convience area (taking Mom out), along with I knew Mom would adjust at Amber Court extremely well. I'm truly happy with Amber Court's staff, actitivies, and especiallly the drs. that my Mom uses at the residence. Mom has only 3 specialist outside the residence, my choice. The rest of the drs. at Amber Court have been extrememly helpful in my Mom's care. They are very caring, thoughtful, and available upon calling them with any questions.

Services & Amenities of Amber Court Assisted Living of Westbury

• Pets: No Pets

About Amber Court Assisted Living of Westbury

Amber Court Assisted Living of Westbury is an assisted living facility in Westbury, NY that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Amber Court Assisted Living of Westbury for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Amber Court Assisted Living of Westbury