Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

108212

Reviews of Touchmark at Fairway Village

Posted by Bruce Walker May 07, 2015

Caring, Professional, Respectful, are just a few of the words that come to mind when I think of the experiences my parents have had over the past 3 years at TouchMark. In September of 2011 it became evident that my parents were no longer capable of living by themselves. I went to check out Touchmark and within minutes of stepping through the front door I knew that this is where I wanted my parents to spend their remaining days. There is a vibrant atmosphere that is created by the entire staff. My impression was that the people (both residents and employees) were truly happy and enjoyed being at TouchMark. Since my parents moved in my original feelings have proven to be accurate. All of the staff has been super to work with and the sincere dedication to the well being of all of the residents gives me peace of mind. I know that my parents are in a situation where they are well taken care of and their dignity is preserved. The care givers acknowledge them as people and are truly concerned about them and their needs. I investigated other facilities but none of them had the same feel that I always get when I walk into the building to visit my parents. I really have appreciated all of the ongoing communication from the people of TouchMark and their efforts in providing my parents with the best care possible. From the time of the intake I have felt truly blessed by the whole experience. I emphatically endorse TouchMark as a top notch Care Facility.

Sincerely , Bruce Walker

Posted by Caring103070650 March 07, 2015

We chose Touchmark because my step-mother has taken some Parkinson exercise classes there. She knew about this place before I did, and it just seemed to be a good fit. It is beautiful, and I love it. The people are absolutely wonderful. I'm really excited that she gets to be there. I think it is a good place. She is getting a two-bedroom with a balcony. She started out with independent living that has the ability to be moved over to assisted when she needs it. They can do a comfier service like help her with eye drops or whatever she might need. I haven't eaten there yet, but it looks lovely. They have like a beautiful and large dining facility where they can order off a menu. They have three meals a day, and it looks pretty good. They did have some activities when I was there. I thought the staff was wonderful. The staff was probably the biggest pull.

Posted by Sue102618950 December 06, 2014

My mother was at Touchmark At Fairway Village. They did have a pool there. However, you have to move between levels whereas in the other community you are able to stay in your home with assistance as long as you're safe. The staff was very helpful. My mother was there for probably about eight months.

Posted by Barbara97232350 November 30, 2014

The people at Touchmark are really nice. It is in a good location, and the decor is really nice. Everything is perfect, and all the amenities are perfect. The food looks good. They have a gym, a pool, theater, a library, hair salon, tennis, and pretty much everything you can think of. They have horseback riding, and they even have golf. If you are there, you don't to go anywhere that's for sure. The lighting is good, and it is not a dreary place at all. It's great. The staff is wonderful.

Posted by JoAnn8 January 31, 2014
4.0

My parents had stayed in Touchmark. It was a very pleasant place. It was back from the highways and the facility was very attractive and you can get a variety of apartments there. They had an attractive two-bedroom apartment with a kitchen, which had some regular kitchen stuffs in it. They had a beautiful balcony overlooking an area. My dad later move to assisted living where he had a one-bedroom apartment that was also very attractive. The facilities there were very nice. The staff there was very good and considerate of my mom. Mom had some serious health issues and it was recognized that they might needed help occasionally and they were wonderful. The people that we knew there were went out of their way to be very nice to my parents to visit them when they knew that they had some kind of problem. They were willing to talk to my brother and myself about any problem that they saw. The only downside was the expenses. We pretty much had to put my dad into assisted living after my mom died because anything else became outrageously expensive like their daily services. I would say that that place was a little fairly expensive and they raise the rate during the period at the time they were there on regular basis. It was a little fancier than my parents needed at that point in time. But that is really not a negative thing, it's just that my parents were in their 90's when they went there.

Posted by Felecia1 August 22, 2013
4.0

We visited Touchmark at Fairway Village and it was a really nice facility. The staff were extremely kind, knowledgeable and nice. They had a lot of activities and there was always something to do for the residents. They had a full workout facility with swimming pool. They were one the highest priced here and it was too expensive for us.

Posted by John8897 August 20, 2012

My parent's used to live with me, which I loved, but then I received a promotion and ended up needing to travel most of the year. After touring many facilities in Vancouver I went to Touchmark. Just driving up is impressive, it looks like a vacation resort! After taking the tour I was very impressed, the facilities are very modern and clean and the staff is nice, friendly and helpful. My parents have been living there for over a year and they really like it. They say the food is good and there are many activities for them to participate in. There are movie nights and bingo, and there is also a gym and a pool that they like to visit. I liked that I could chose how much care I wanted for them, since my parent's do not need 24 hour care they have someone come in and help them in the mornings and nights. Although they don't need too much help right now, I like that there are occupational, physical, and speech-language therapy (besides the regular nursing). Overall great place and very reasonable price!

Posted by fran chi May 15, 2011

Visited this facility

This is a great place for seniors. I moved my parents to the Waterford after being very disappointed in the quality of care at other facilities. The staff is great, they know their residents and take very good care of them even when they require special care. They provide enjoyable activities and services. The food is consistently good. The only weakness I have noted is they don't have 24 hour nursing staff and their ability to correctly handle medications is not always up to par so if your loved one needs medication assistance, keep a close eye on medications ordered and times distributed.

Location of Touchmark at Fairway Village