Atria Park of Grand Oaks

2177 E Thousand Oaks Blvd., Thousand Oaks, CA, 91362

Reviews of Atria Park of Grand Oaks

Catherine23 March 17, 2015

Atria Grand Oaks seems like a very nice facility. The staff was friendly, and the residents that we encountered seemed happy and comfortable there. Its setting had a lot of attractive features. The rooms seemed big enough. They had bigger ones, but we didn't look at it because we were looking within our budget, so they showed us rooms that were affordable for us.

Anne43 September 30, 2014

One time we did tour the Atria before mother got real bad. It’s very nice. I know they have different levels there and it’s just cost prohibitive. It’s up to $7000 to $8000 a month. They have their own individual apartments. They come in either 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom, 1-bath, and 2-baths. A lot of them have a little kitchenette and a refrigerator where you can do your own cooking and a living room. It was very nice. I liked it a lot, but that’s for someone who can function on their own and my mom cannot do that at this point.

Susan92205750 August 27, 2014

Atria Grand Oaks was nice, but there's a lot of traffic around the area and not enough places to walk the dog. The units are very small, and it was very expensive. What I liked most about them was their activities. They had a lot more than other places, and they were very well organized. Their activity director was outstanding and a huge plus. She was very energetic and very well organized. There's a minimal amount of walking because it's a smaller facility and it's more compact. So there's less walking, which is either a plus or a minus depending on who you're talking to. The food wasn't the best, but it was OK. They had a nice big salad bar. They have a small pool, a library, and a nice little garden area outside.

Barbara82723950 April 30, 2014

After visiting several facilities, my aunt selected Atria Grand Oaks. She is now living there, and the place is very beautiful. They have balconies off the rooms. It's very clean, and they have very good food. The Atria was the only facility that we saw that had a stackable washer/dryer in the unit. They have a small gym, a salon, and a swimming pool.

Lisa82642350 April 26, 2014

We had lunch and talked to them and had a little tour at Atria. I thought it was beautiful; it's pretty fancy. The rooms are lovely but small to me. That's one of the reasons we liked the other place, and they're more expensive. They have full kitchens but a beautiful restaurant to eat in. They invited us to have lunch so we could see what the food is like. It's very nice. They have really good food and a variety of choices. It's very clean. They'll drive you around if you have a doctor's appointment. They do exercise. It's pretty and it's new, so somebody going into assisted living who lives in a pretty place is going to be interested in it.

Sheryl5 December 13, 2013

We went to Grand Oaks. That was our second runner-up in Thousand Oaks. My dad and my stepmother really liked it but they were so expensive, $9,000 a month for a 2-bedroom. We really wanted to go there but the cost was astronomical. The people who worked there was wonderful and the facilities were beautiful. We were very impressed.

Happy in GO March 20, 2013

I have been a resident for a few years. I enjoy living here. I enjoy my apartment, my balcony, the pool, the common areas, the activities, the facility's gardens, and the views. The staff persons are always polite and eager to please. The location is outstanding - "The Lakes" across the street with shops and restaurants, the "Gardens of the World" up the boulevard, the "Civic Arts Center" nearby.

However, on the negative side, the food service has been declining during the last few months. The quality, quantity, and variety is not as great as it was. At times, the meat is tough, the selection has lessened, and the food is not always served hot. Food is a prime concern since we indulge three times daily. I am under the impression the food budget has been cut. This situation can be resolved, and hopefully will be given some attention.

In conclusion, I am happy that I made the decision to live here. I have seen other facilities. Grand Oaks is the best.

On the Go March 08, 2013

The setting is lovely near The Lakes. Easy for walking to pretty areas. The apartment is comfortable also. Unfortunately, services have been cut back. Even the food variety and amount is smaller. Recently, my relative was told he could only have 1 slice of pizza because they are cutting back. Many of the foods that were served are no longer served. It makes one think there are financial issues that may be happening. My relative loves the location, but if the downward trend continues, we may be forced to look for another place which is a shame.

From Atria Park of Grand Oaks

Nestled in the heart of Thousand Oaks, Atria Park of Grand Oaks offers resort-style living in a Tuscanesque village setting for Southern California’s active older adults. Our amenity-rich community offers all the comforts of home – without the burdens of home maintenance. We provide independent and assisted living options, as well as our innovative Life Guidance® memory care program. Located across from the fine restaurants and shops of The Lakes at Thousand Oaks, and near the Civic Arts Plaza, places of worship and Los Robles Regional Medical Center, Atria Park of Grand Oaks makes it easy for residents to stay connected to their local area – or simply relax with friends on the lush grounds of our vibrant community. With more than 200 programs and events each month, you can continue to enjoy your favorite pastimes or pursue new ones.

Features of Atria Park of Grand Oaks