Elmcroft of Carrollwood

Overview of Ratings

4.4

January 04, 2015

By Connie44

One of the reasons that we chose Elmcroft for my mom is because they have a nurse on staff. We got a bedroom for her, and it was perfect. They have a large dining room, and basically, the food is pretty good. The people were very attentive and accommodating. They fix popcorn every afternoon, the residents are free to come and go and walk around, and they also have a van that takes them to different places.

December 22, 2014

By Ginny7

The staff of Elmcroft Carrollwood was very friendly and very helpful. As far as I am concerned based on two other facilities that I had visited, it was the best facility in the area. They told me that if they were serving food that someone didn't like, they would cook a special meal for them. Every day they would have activities. I think the prices were a little too high especially when you are trying to place someone, and they have no funds. The rooms were very clean, very spacious, and the bedrooms and accommodations that they provide for the people were very nice. There were lots of sitting areas, and they had pretty much screened it up, so there was security for someone who had Alzheimer's. They basically cater to the person they were going to be watching. There was only one way in and one way out, which I liked. You had to go through a lot of people before you go out.

November 20, 2014

By Claude1

Elmcroft of Carroollwood looked very good; it’s first class. It’s clean, nice, and very attractive. It certainly is a good facility.

September 29, 2014

By Carol B M

My father was a resident of Elmcroft of Carrollwood for almost two years and would still be there if his health had not declined. He enjoyed being there with his many friends and felt like the staff was very caring and did a great job assisting him with his daily needs for meds, meals, cleaning, etc. My husband and I felt comfortable with the quality of his care and assistance at Elmcroft. We still have friends among the staff working there and would recommend Elmcroft to anyone considering having a friend or relative move into an assisted living facility.

September 15, 2014

By nancym43

I was a resident at Elmcroft of Carrollwood for almost a year. The whole experience was the feeling like being part of a caring and loving family. Everyone from the staff to administration, to other residence were so happy and helpful! I would recommend this Senior Living facility to everyone who is looking for excellent, clean, friendly,helpful and loving to consider this home, yes, because that's how I felt living there. My love to all and miss seeing your smiling faces!

August 15, 2014

By Terri21

I like the staff at Elmcroft of Carrollwood. This was my second choice in terms of ranking. The staff was very helpful. I talked to some of their residents and they all like the place. I like the rooms. They were spacious. There was not a lot of availability, so your choices were limited, but the layout of the room was good. It was easy to manage when you have a wheelchair or a walker. There was lots of room. They had a good number of activities. I saw people having an ice cream social . I would recommend Elmcroft to others. I like the staff interaction there. I did see a lot of staff interaction and that was very positive for the residents.

July 31, 2014

By Brenda42

I like Elmcroft of Carrollwood because of the diverse mix of people, the openness, the airiness and the amount of activities that they have. The sanitation is excellent. My mother's room is great. It is an open area room, and then she has a bathroom with a great shower that allows her to sit. It has a little sink, a cupboard, a refrigerator and a microwave. It has a really nice big dining area that all the residents dine together and they pair the people up really nicely. My mother seems to like the food. The staff is excellent. They know all the residents by name. They are just a great bunch of people. I would absolutely give them the highest recommendation.

July 02, 2014

By MichaelR

My father is living here ( as was my step mother). This facility has been a wonderful answer to thier needs. We have found the staff to be very didicated and caring. They have gone out of there way to make an ever changing situation work. My father enjoys the food and there are many activites to participate in. Setting is lovely as well. The rooms have been freshly renovated and the building always feels clean. The layout of the building makes it easy for him to find his way around. The Courtyard make him feel like he has a view of a park.

June 30, 2014

Elmcroft of Carrollwood was adequate. It was clean. They were enthusiastic. The staff was very nice, but it just didn't offer all the things that the other ones did. The rooms were nice. They weren't nasty or dirty; they were OK. If that was the need of the person living in there, then it would be great. If the person moving in there wanted to feel more like he was in an apartment, then that would not be the place to go. The sanitation was good. It did not have stained carpeting, nor did it have anything glaringly wrong with it.

June 23, 2014

I found a place for my father at Elmcroft of Carrollwood. They have more men than women, and they had a lot of vets, so we felt Dad would have more in common with the residents. It’s more like a hotel than a hospital.

August 01, 2013

By Jenny7

I visited Elmcroft of Carrollwood and it was nice. I liked the area and it was in the nicer part of Tampa. The staff was very pleasant and the rooms were clean and comfortable.

February 20, 2013

By 1957tampanative

I have a family member that lives there now. If I could afford to move her I would, she has had numerous problems with this facility, med's missing, supplies missing from her room that we bought, staff cut back so only 3 people in whole building to watch over everyone. The place used to be Hearthstone and they allowed people to keep their med's in their rooms, after Elmcroft took over they would not allow this and took over the daily med's. They put some of her med's in the refrigerator in med tech room and forgot about them for almost two months, we could not figure out why my sister was in so much pain and seemed to be regressing, she literally laided in bed for almost two months in pain until the Head Nurse who runs the Med tech department found them in her own refrigerator??? I have had several problems with her med's, I had to call today and see why she didn't get a new antibotic that was delivered yesterday from the pharmacist. I now call ahead and talk to the pharmacy before I call Elmcrodt so I can find out what is really going on. Why do I have to do their job, isn't that what I pay that large amount of money for???

September 25, 2012

By Brian S

Excellent care and staff are very pleasant. I would highly recommend this facility. Very clean.

July 06, 2012

By DanielB

Each facility that I have visited have all been near a hospital. They did an excellent job providing personal care services and transportation for my family members that stayed there. They had real strict visitation hours but I won't hold that against them. They prepped and served Delicious meals daily and also kept the facility clean. My grandfather stays at the Elmcroft and has for 4 years now. He has been not had a single bad experience or statement to say about the community and staff. It feels good to know that you family is taken care of and in good hands. They are in a quite community with a water surrounding, park for the elderly to visit and bask in the sun, and also a mall strip just a few blocks away should they want to go shopping. As long as they continue to treat the tenants as they do, I'll continue to speak well about the Elmcroft and my great experiences going there.

May 03, 2012

By KarenLH

The staff seemed very nice, most everyone was courteous and smiled when I visited. Most of the time her flowers where neatly arranged and she (my neighbor) seemed pretty comfortable. There was one afternoon that I visited however and her room was dark and very cold. It made me a little sad to see her lying in her bed shivering and freezing cold, I had to go get her an extra blanket and I'm still really not sure why her drapes were closed on such a nice sunny day. My neighbor's son, Conrad, moved his Mom from this facility into Hospice relatively soon after she had arrived. When I asked him why, he told me that he had an issue with the staff, that his Mom had been neglected and that she had fallen down and hit her head. He moved his Mom pretty far and I was not able to see her too often after that, but when I did see her she never confirmed that before she passed away.

August 02, 2011

My experience of Hearthstone is positive. Every time I visit, I encounter staff as I walk down the hall to my friend's room. (She is afflicted with early Alzheimer's.) As I escort my friend down the hall she is able to communicate to staff her needs and is often given opportunity to meet with a staff member immediately to remedy her need (as in change of medication). Staff members I have spoken to have all been cheerful, enthusiastic and professional. My friend says that the food is bland but the meals are balanced and healthy. My friend has a few resident friends that she spends time with and she is fond of the staff members. on her wing that work with her. The rooms, hallways and common areas are kept clean. Residents may play the piano in the lobby and social events are usually well attended.

Photos of Elmcroft of Carrollwood

Features of Elmcroft of Carrollwood

• Minimum Memory Cost: $4500/month

About Elmcroft of Carrollwood

Residents of Elmcroft of Carrollwood are proud of the independence they maintain and enjoy the security of 24-hour personalized assistance. While we offer a helping hand with day-to-day tasks such as dressing, bathing and medication monitoring, they are treated as the accomplished individuals they are. They enjoy the freedom of choosing their own agenda and activities, while feeling secure in knowing that we are always there to provide support should they need it.

Map of Elmcroft of Carrollwood