Reviews of Rose Wood Manor-Scottsboro

Posted by staticelectric February 20, 2015

We have been very happy with this facility. We have a loved one there and feel she is well taken care of. No place is perfect, but we drop in at random times throughout any given day and things are always to our expectations. The sweet caregivers are always working hard caring for the residence on every (OFTEN) occasion we have been there. The food is basically what one would prepare for themselves at home-- nothing gourmet, but who would expect that on a daily basis. Our loved one is bathed daily, and they make sure she has clean clothes on and gets exercise in by walking. There are even exercise classes several times a week. They don't just let her lie in bed like they did when she was at the nursing home. The rooms are small, but she has a double bed, nightstand, chest of drawers, television, recliner with a table beside it, and still has plenty of room for her walker to navigate. We feel blessed to have a safe place for her to be... a place were her medications are given at the proper times, were we know she is getting three meals a day (plus snacks). Living alone is not an option for her. Rosewood gives her the ability to be independent (not in a nursing home) while giving us a calm of knowing she is cared for. Caring for the elderly isn't a easy job, I know, but I think they are doing a great job. THANK YOU!

Posted by Caring83920150 July 23, 2014
1.0

I was not pleased at all with the rooms and the staff at Rose Wood Manor. The staff seemed snobbish. They were just too matter-of-fact. You ask them a question, they gave you an answer. They did not elaborate. The room was just one large room with a bathroom attached. It would not accommodate my furnishings. I was not impressed with it. The facility was dirty. I walked into the bathroom, and I noticed that the garbage cans were overwhelming and the commodes were dirty; that pretty much set the pace for the entire tour.

Posted by mams3 January 24, 2013
4.0

it's not as bad as some say it is.. But they need more caregivers on staff... And a nurse around the clock. And a better menu. they should hire people just for laundry and cleaning so caregivers can spend more time doing their caregiving with the residents.. But it is a nice place..And the caregivers do care..

Posted by smh1 September 13, 2012
1.0

I would hate to spend my last years or days in this facility. The patients are not cared for properly in my opinion. The place was dirty. Everything in the place would always stink. I would see patients ringing their bell that is for when they need help, and I overheard some of the staff saying that's okay, he/she always does that. Its not an emergency... It could have been an emergency thing time, you never know. Most of the nursing staff seems to work very hard and you can hear whispers about them being very underpaid. They run nonstop, so I could easily see this. I do not know if the place is in such bad shape because there is not enough people on staff, or if it is a lack of care to do a good job, or if it is just overall management, but it is not a place I am proud to say I had family in.

Location of Rose Wood Manor-Scottsboro