Rose Wood Manor

1513 Country Park Road, Scottsboro, AL, 35769

Reviews of Rose Wood Manor

Caring83920150 July 23, 2014

I was not pleased at all with the rooms and the staff at Rose Wood Manor. The staff seemed snobbish. They were just too matter-of-fact. You ask them a question, they gave you an answer. They did not elaborate. The room was just one large room with a bathroom attached. It would not accommodate my furnishings. I was not impressed with it. The facility was dirty. I walked into the bathroom, and I noticed that the garbage cans were overwhelming and the commodes were dirty; that pretty much set the pace for the entire tour.

mams3 January 24, 2013

it's not as bad as some say it is.. But they need more caregivers on staff... And a nurse around the clock. And a better menu. they should hire people just for laundry and cleaning so caregivers can spend more time doing their caregiving with the residents.. But it is a nice place..And the caregivers do care..

smh1 September 13, 2012

I would hate to spend my last years or days in this facility. The patients are not cared for properly in my opinion. The place was dirty. Everything in the place would always stink. I would see patients ringing their bell that is for when they need help, and I overheard some of the staff saying that's okay, he/she always does that. Its not an emergency... It could have been an emergency thing time, you never know. Most of the nursing staff seems to work very hard and you can hear whispers about them being very underpaid. They run nonstop, so I could easily see this. I do not know if the place is in such bad shape because there is not enough people on staff, or if it is a lack of care to do a good job, or if it is just overall management, but it is not a place I am proud to say I had family in.

From Rose Wood Manor

Rose Wood Manor is a home-like senior community located in picturesque Scottsboro, Alabama. Scottsboro and Rose Wood Manor represent southern living at its best. Scottsboro is known for its bass fishing on the great Tennessee River's Lake Guntersville Reservoir, to golfing on two of the most beautiful courses in the south. Scottsboro is the home of the oldest trade day in the country. Located around the Jackson County Square in Scottsboro, First Monday began at the turn of the 20th century and survives even today. You never know what you might find there.

Rose Wood Manor is nestled in the proximity of Jackson County Park and the Scottsboro-Jackson County Center Council on Aging facility. The breathtaking view of Roseberry Creek area of Lake Guntersville, intertwined with the abundance of activities throughout the week, makes Rose Wood Manor the right place to call home.

Licensed Assisted Living | Secure Memory Care

Each of our residents is provided with:

• 24 hour trained staff
  • Private room & bath (handicapped accessible)
  • Emergency call system
  • Special diet accommodations
  • Laundry services
  • Sprinkler system
  • Handrails
  • Local transportation provided senior bus
  • Full activity program with games, religious services, monthly birthday parties, monthly resident council meetings, exercise program- featuring Thai Chi and entertainment such as bluegrass, gospel bands, youth choirs and line dancing.

Specialty Care Assisted Living

Rose Wood Manor offers additional services for these residents with special needs:

• Secure Facility
  • Memory Care Programs
  • Assistance with personal care
  • Staff trained using state approved program for residents with memory deficits
  • Medication administered by licensed nurses
  • We are the ONLY facility in the area with a full time Registered Nurse on staff
  • Beautician on site
  • Courtyard
  • Full time Activity Director

From bass fishing on the great Tennessee River's Lake Guntersville Reservoir, to golfing on two of the most beautiful courses in the south, adventure awaits. Take a journey on any or all of our numerous walking trails and enjoy what nature has to offer. We hope that you will spend a few minutes to discover all the beauty and wonder that we have to offer. Scottsboro represents southern living at its best.

Whether you are looking to relocate, begin a business or just visit Scottsboro, spend a few minutes here and learn.

Features of Rose Wood Manor