Manse on the Marsh

475 Marsh Street, San Luis Obispo, CA, 93401

Reviews of Manse on the Marsh

Audrey19 May 02, 2015

I visited The Manse on the Marsh. It was a very nice community. The people were very friendly, and the surroundings were very nice because it had a very large outdoor area. The Manse on the Marsh is right downtown, so it is relatively small compared to the other facility. However, the inside was very nice. They have a very nice dining room. Sanitation was topnotch.

Audrey, Thank you for your feedback. We really do our best to keep the Manse a top tier community, thank you for noticing.

Christina15 April 07, 2015

The fellow who helps me was very dynamic, friendly, and seemed like he really cared about the family. He seemed like he enjoyed his job and likes working well. The building was beautiful and amazing. It’s a place that I would like to live. They have a lot of good social areas like a movie theater with arm chairs. When I went there, it was dinner time.

Kathie5 March 23, 2015

We looked at the Manse that I felt wasn't for her. The people there were a little more sick and needed help, and she just doesn’t need that right now. They seemed nice too, but I think I would not take her there until she had more difficulty and cognitive kind of problems.

Caring108014750 March 20, 2015

Caregivers and wellness are great. The servers are great and friendly. The Manse is doing a good job. I couldn't ask for better. The staff are happy, have good ideas and I love them like they were my own grandchildren.

Bobbi10 March 11, 2015

Manse on Marsh was very nice, but it’s very expensive. That one is more you’ve got to check in with the nurse in the morning, and my mom didn’t like that at all. It’s elegant, but they didn’t have 1-bedroom; all they have was a studio. It just wasn’t she was looking for because the people that are there are older and more disabled. It’s beautiful, but it’s very small and quaint.

It’s in a great location; it wasn’t just something she wanted, there’s really not a good response time, and I believe that when you call you need to get a call back.

Caring102705750 February 27, 2015

I thought The Manse on Marsh was excellent. The staff took us on a tour. They were really great and helpful, but we decided not to go there because my dad's wife didn't want to go anywhere. The rooms weren't too big, but they were adequate. They had music groups coming in. They had a big piano. They had an exercise program and tours. The dining area was nice and clean. I didn't see the food, but they had cookies for us, and that was good. The place seemed to be pretty locked up, and I knew it was pretty nice.

Thank you for your kind words. It is always pleasant to hear our community is appreciated.

Debbie100441050 January 13, 2015

I went to Manse on the Marsh. It was very nice. My mom liked it a lot. They had very nice rooms. They were spacious and clean. We like everything about this facility. The only drawback was that we want to get my mom a little bit closer to us. Also it was a little bit more pricey than the other ones that we looked at. As for activities, they just had all kinds of things going on for the residents. They had activities off the site too which was nice.

Jan41 October 31, 2014

I am slowly adjusting to my new way of life. I have been at the Manse for 2 months. I am very happy and comfortable with the personal care I am receiving. The Manse has provided me and my family a very positive way of life. I'm most impressed with the management. Tops!

Jamie B. October 28, 2014

I am thrilled to be able to trust the care of my mom to the staff at the Manse -- from the front office, to maintenance, to wellness, to kitchen/servers, to hospitality, to management. They are all wonderful, kind, and concerned to the point of keeping me in the loop. I couldn't be happier!

Art11 September 12, 2014

Outstanding and good. Should have come here sooner. I like it. This place makes life enriching.

Holiday1 August 28, 2014

Manse on the Marsh was absolutely lovely and compared to other places, it was quite reasonable. The accommodations were beautiful. They have a couple of cottages that are for independent people, they're very nice. The food was excellent. They have a high-class chef. They used the local produce. It was very good.

beezusr May 18, 2012

The Manse feels a little like an old fashioned hotel. It's in a good location close to downtown, and the building has been newly renovated. There's an elevator in the lobby for easy access to the various rooms. My grandmother found the staff to be very helpful and patient. The food selection is mediocre, but so is the food selection at most institutions that have to prepare meals for many people. The Manse's strength mainly lies in its ability to accomodate residents with a variety of different issues and strengths as they age. A resident might start out living almost independently, but progress to having more care as time goes on. There are plenty of opportunities for residents to socialize and to participate in activities that keep them from getting too cut off from others their own age. Visitors are also welcome, so anyone with a family who likes to stop by will feel comfortable at the Manse.

adilam June 10, 2011

Visited this facility

The Manse is an upscale Assisted Living community in downtown San Luis Obispo. You can walk to shops and restaurants from there, but they also have trasportation available for residents. The building was a former hotel and was converted to Assisted Living units by a developer to create a charming, well decorated ambience. The apartments are quite small and the price tag can be pretty steep once you start adding on services, but the amenities are unmatched in the area. They have a really nice bistro that has a full menu and is open all day long. There is a really cute movie room with a full sized, old fashioned consession stand serving up popcorn and treats. Their dining room is more flexible than many communities, offering leisure dining instead of specific meal times. When I was there visiting there was a well attended yoga class taking place in the sun drenched atrium, and it really looked peaceful. Some seniors are a little intimidated by the traffic and noise that comes along with the central location, but for families and adventurous seniors, it's nice to be able to walk out the front door and go out to lunch at one of San Luis Obispo's cool restaurants.

From Manse on the Marsh

The Manse is an unique independent and assisted living community located conveniently in downtown San Luis Obispo, CA. We offer the ideal combination of privacy, fine dining, socialization and personal care if needed. We are dedicated to creating an exceptional quality of life for our valued residents in an environment that is both beautiful and inviting.

The Manse has a wide variety of choices in residences. We are able to offer seniors a distinctive selection that spans apartment homes with fireplaces to free-standing cottages, some with full kitchens. Along with our private residences we offer warm, inviting common areas as well. Our main dining area is elegant and spacious, featuring fresh, chef-prepared service for all meals. In addition we have a sunny, informal bistro available for lunch everyday, a large beautiful patio area with comfortable seating, a sitting room with a cozy fireplace, a magnificent expansive atrium area, a movie theater, a fitness center, a library with computers for Internet access, a hair salon, and much more.

Besides all our our planned activities and outings, our location provides many entertainment, restaurant, recreation, and social options in historic San Luis Obispo.

Features of Manse on the Marsh

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Hospice care

• Housing extra: Cottages, Shared Living
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Hiking trails
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee

• Pets: All pets allowed

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 405800545