Atria San Juan

32353 San Juan Creek Road, San Juan Capistrano, CA, 92675

Reviews of Atria San Juan

Caring112009450 August 22, 2015

My wife was in Atria San Juan for some time in the memory care unit, and we were the first residents in there after they refurbished it and opened it up. It was very roomy for five residents, and it was excellent. We left in time because they were understaffed. The rooms were average. The activities were pretty good, and they had trips to the beach; they made an effort there.

Jeff38 May 28, 2015

Atria San Juan had nice rooms, and the staff were very friendly, competent, and very helpful in trying to let me know the process of getting my in-laws approved to live there. It had independent, assisted, and memory care. They had trips to the harbor, and they had art. The food was very good. The place was inviting.

Caring106772050 May 13, 2015

We visited Atria, and we are kind of interested in it. I like the whole atmosphere of the place. I also like the staff because they seemed very interested and very caring. The lunch was wonderful. The rooms are not very large of course, but they are good. The price is a little steep for us, but we are trying to figure it out if we can do it or not at this point. They have a small workout room, and they have classes for exercise. They take them to a lot of places including the doctor. They have activities at the place like groups coming in to sing. It was very clean too.

Sheri7 January 16, 2015

The facility in Atria that we also visited was very nice. It was our second choice. The staff is very friendly and very nice. They have a view of the golf course in San Juan which was really nice. My step father would have enjoyed that although he doesn't do a lot of those outdoor activities anymore. My mother noticed that Atria is a bit of an older facility. They recently had it remodeled to a country western theme. So it was geared towards the masculine residents in terms of décor. The room that she liked had an inner courtyard view which was really pretty. The floor plan wasn't quite as inviting. They didn't seem to have quite as much going on with activities and an open community.

Caring87114950 June 27, 2014

I visited the Atria San Juan two years ago, and I almost moved in. It was beautiful and exactly what I needed. They have a lot of activities. It is really close to the ocean. There is a harbor, and they do the harbor walk. They have a van or a bus, and they have a limo to take seniors who want to go to Los Angeles to see a stage production or the shows that they have in Hollywood for seniors. They have a beauty shop, an exercise room, and a room where you can go for entertainment. There are some people who come and entertain the people who live there. There is a lot going on over there. And they have a beautiful place to eat. It is like a restaurant, so gorgeous. The people working there even wear uniforms. You order your meal, but you don't have to pay for anything because it is all free, I mean you only pay at every month, but you can go down there and eat whenever you want to. It is just ideal for me. It is so clean and absolutely beautiful. I saw it before they remodeled, and I liked it even then, but I like it better now.

Caring74911950 January 31, 2014

Atria San Juan was very clean. The staff there seemed very nice. However, the facility had more like a hotel-type environment rather than homey residence. The director there told me they take early stages and maybe intermediate stages of Alzheimer's or dementia patients but they're really not equipped to take people in their later stages. I was very impressed with their honesty but I would not put my loved one in a facility that did not feel like they had the tools to work with. For my needs, I would rate them a 3 because they won't meet my husband's needs.

caring0007 July 25, 2013

I went to Atria San Juan and I can see that all their staff were fabulous. The rooms are very nice and beautiful. It'is freeway close. They give you a calendar attached with the activities for the residents. I would recommend that they look at the facility and see if it's a good fit for them.

Caring468689 January 03, 2012

I felt like I had walked back in time....this is a magical place that leaves you thinking old glamour and splendor. This is old world French at its best. Decor, furnishings and the whole place is beautiful....The staff is extraordinary, compassionate, professional and caring. The residents are bright, happy and alert. They are an active group; there are a lot of activities and events for them daily. The facility is beautiful as I stated and is well maintained. There is a court yard that is lovely for sitting and visiting. The rooms are so gorgeous old world decor but modern in time. The dining hall is a bistro and the food was 5 stars. If you looking for a loved one who needs extra assistance this is an amazing choice for them. Contact them for a tour you will not be sorry.

From Atria San Juan

At Atria San Juan, you'll find an active community overlooking the San Juan Hills Golf Course. The on-site beauty salon, common areas, and peaceful lounges offer many opportunities to socialize and foster friendships. Atria San Juan is conveniently located near shopping, banks and medical centers.

Atria San Juan offers the following services:

• 24-hour availability of a trained staff
  • A choice of apartments
  • A full-time director for events and activities
  • An emergency call system in every apartment
  • Anytime Café with complimentary snacks and beverages
  • Assistance with activities of daily living
  • Delicious meals served restaurant-style each day
  • Medication assistance