Brookdale Sellwood

8517 SE 17th Avenue, Portland, OR, 97202

Reviews of Brookdale Sellwood

Vanessa3 April 11, 2014

My grandfather is very happy with the food at Emeritus at Sellwood. When I went there, the staff were very informative and answered all my questions. The place is very clean and very well taken care of. Their room is more than adequate. They offer a lot of activities, like they take road trips. They also have wine nights, movie nights, card games, and a lot of other things.

Eric8 February 28, 2014

I have both of my parents at Emeritus at Sellwood. I'm very happy with it. It is everything that we were looking for. The facility itself is very nice and very clean. The food is really good. The staff is very helpful and very friendly. They have quite a few activities for them. They take them out to places, etc. They have multiple weekly activities, both special and regular. One thing though that they could improve on is their housecleaning services. Before we were told that they would do housecleaning once a week; however, they are cleaning my parents' unit maybe once every two weeks and they have to ask for it.

Caring72146050 December 27, 2013

Emeritus is a nice, warm, homey place, not fancy but nicely put together. It was quite small. There's one thing I didn't like. Because it's assisted living, the rooms did not have an oven and they're very clinical looking, very hospital-like look to the room. We had lunch there; they had a couple of choices and it was very good. They had a little bit of an exercise room and people walk there and they set up volunteer work for those that want it. The administrating staff was quite friendly, very nice and informative. The woman in charge of new people was very good, very personable and she analyzed my long term care plan and she told me to check on a couple of things which I did. The people there were very pleasant.

LovelyLady00000213 August 22, 2013

I chose Emeritus at Sellwood because of the liveliness in it. A lot of people came and went, talked and they were visible when I first walked in the door. The staff were very good and we had a new director who was much better. The aides were always smiling, seemed sweet, kind, caring and you were comfortable with them. The rooms were of different sizes and a little bit different from each other. I had a studio and it was reasonably fine. The food was not perfect but it was good.

caring5928 July 11, 2013

The Emeritus at Sellwood just wasn't our style, and we really want to be in downtown Portland. I mean I liked it, but I did not want to be that far away from all our friends in northeast Portland and the people were older than we are. I'm rating it only in terms of our needs.

cjmattoon December 31, 2011

Everyone at Sellwood Landing has been so helpful. The atmosphere is very homey, the decor is very nice and the building is very clean. Residents have privacy yet can get help quickly if needed.

From Brookdale Sellwood

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Sellwood