Brookdale Port Orange

Reviews of Brookdale Port Orange

Overview of Ratings

4.4

March 28, 2014

My mother has only been at Sterling House for about three weeks. Still getting things squared away as to what she likes and what she needs, but it is very good. There are only 42 rooms, so it's small. It's very nice, and the staff is very good. The food is a little bit better than a regular nursing home. They had lots and lots of activities going on every day. They also post a big schedule for everybody who lives there on what's going on from day to day and what time. The rooms are wonderful. She has a separate bedroom and a very large bathroom with a wheel-in shower. The staff is very nice. The place doesn't smell. I think they need to hire a couple more people to tend their door. Because it's a lock-down, you have to ring the buzzer to get in, so if they're very busy you're going to stand there for a little while. I like the atmosphere, the cleanliness, and the staff.

February 28, 2014

By Chris42

We visited Sterling House and it was really nice. I really liked it. I remember the lady who showed us the place. She was just taken right off her desk. She never did it before, but she really did a good job. The rooms were very big and nice. They had activities like a class where they were dancing. We also saw them doing ball toss at one point.

December 31, 2013

By Caring000.31

Sterling House of Port Orange was bright and clean. It was well-staffed and they had enough activities for the residents. They also had a good variety of rooms from shared rooms to private suites.

November 27, 2013

By Kathy73339350

Mom had stayed at Sterling House. She was not very happy there at all. The CNAs and staff were all super. She didn't care for the upper management. The food stunk. She hated the food. There were no activities. There was nothing for them to do. If they could replace the administrator, they could actually had a person there who would care what they were actually feeding the residents. They could bring somebody in there who could actually be an activities director and gave the people something to do rather than sit around all day and do nothing.

November 22, 2013

By Linda73163250

I liked Sterling house because it was clean. I liked the PR person who took me around and showed me the room. However, I didn't think it would meet my mother's needs as well as the other one could. But it was very nice.

October 05, 2013

By Mary Anne4

Sterling House was very nice. The staff lovely and they made follow-up calls after my visit. The atmosphere was very nice. However, the apartment itself was not quite as large as the one I had right now.

September 19, 2013

Sterling House of Port Orange is very nice, very clean and it appears to be a very comfortable place to live in. It doesn't smell. The staff is very nice and cordial. This facility would be on my list if I decided to move.

July 29, 2013

By Phyllis15

I went at Sterling House once with my mom. I liked it because the facility is just one floor. The residents couldn't come outside by themselves. Sterling is nice but it was a lot more money. They have many, many people in wheelchairs and when I took her there, she got frightened. They have one activity director for all the residents. They do crafts. They play bingo, they play cards. They have happy hour every Friday with different entertainers. They have a calendar that tells you what's going on. They have at least 50 residents. They give more care to their residents. The food is good.

August 21, 2012

By Caroline32168

My husband and I toured several different assisted living facilities while looking for a place for my mom. There were a few really nice looking communties, but Sterling House was the most impressive primarily because of the staff. While we looked around, many of the employees stopped to introduce themselves and took time to speak with us and find out about my mom. It has a really home-like feeling and it's not too big. We discovered that many of the employees have been there for a long time, and they truly seem to love what they do. It was a little more expensive than some of the other places we toured, but well worth it! Sterling House has been a real blessing for our family.

May 26, 2012

By JulieR76

I had never visited an assisted living facility before, and I wasn't too sure what to expect. I was sort of thinking that we'd see big rooms where all the residents stayed to talk, play board games, etc. Instead, I found that this facility was a lot like living in a luxury apartment. My friend's aunt had her own private room and bathroom, and the room was beautifully furnished. The facility, from the outdoor landscaping to the interior hallways and meeting areas, were very nice. There was no need to call ahead to visit her aunt, and she only had nice things to say about her neighbors and caregivers. While we were visiting with my friend's aunt, a nurse came in to give her some medication. She seemed to be very happy there, and anyone we met seemed to be happy either working there or living there. It was a wonderful experience, and I love knowing that places like this exist to help those in need.

January 17, 2012

As I arrived at Sterling House of Port Orange, I noticed there was ample parking for visitors and staff and plenty of walkways for residents and visitors to stroll around and enjoy the outdoors. The landscaping was very well cared for and colorful. When I walked inside I noticed how spacious and comfy every area was. There was plenty of seating and roomy enough to be able to engage in conversations without having to be disturbed. Sterling House only has one bedroom's for the residents, but each room has their own private bath and there are several different one bedroom styles to choose from. The facility offers transportation to residents that would like to be driven to their doctor's appointments or shopping, etc. They also offer outside activities and many indoor activities as well for any resident wishing to participate. The dinning room was very spacious and the food is fresh and they offer many different diets depending on the type the resident requires. They also offer snacks and beverages throughout the day.

Features of Brookdale Port Orange

About Brookdale Port Orange

Brookdale Port Orange provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Port Orange