Brookdale Port Orange

955 Village Trail Drive, Port Orange, FL, 32127

Reviews of Brookdale Port Orange

Barbara95481250 December 02, 2014

Sterling House was very nice, and I liked it a lot. I went and talked to them, but the social worker that is working along with me went there first, a lady showed her place and gave some prices, and then when I went, I went in a room with a man and his prices were more. So I asked the social worker if that was more than the lady according to her, and she said yes. I didn’t really go for that with the chance of prices.

I just went in, met people, and was there for a while, everybody was very nice, and it was very clean. I was very pleased with it, but they started to give you a price and then started telling me when I left for this to be done and that to be done. I cannot go into a place anywhere, and that price shocked me.

They do have activities, and everybody was watching an old time Christmas ballroom on TV when I was there, and each one of them had a bag of popcorn. I was looking around, and they do have bingo, they take them to places, the lady came after me on a bus, and it was a very nice bus. I asked I said is this what you take the people on little tours with, and she said yes.

Norman6 September 12, 2014

I like Sterling House. The number of people there was smaller, and I thought it was a little bit better. The staff was good. They were very helpful and very nice. The food was good. The rooms were about the same as at the other facility. They were nice too. Of course, when you lived in a large house, the rooms are small, but still, they're nice. The atmosphere of this community was very good. What I like best about it is that it had a smaller amount of people there. The location of it was near stores.

Caring79432650 March 29, 2014

Sterling House was the first we visited. Everything was excellent. It met our requirements. Should the time come that it is needed, that's definitely our top choice. It was clean, well-arranged, well-appointed, and well staffed. The staff's work ethic was very contemporary. They were very helpful. They knew what we should be looking for, and they answered our questions without hesitation. The staff was of sterling quality. The rooms were excellent. They were very clean, bright, and well-taken care of. There was no problem with being able to have accessible natural light in. We didn't try the food, but we did look when they were eating. It certainly seemed like a good menu. Food looked healthy.

Caring80281350 March 28, 2014

My mother has only been at Sterling House for about three weeks. Still getting things squared away as to what she likes and what she needs, but it is very good. There are only 42 rooms, so it's small. It's very nice, and the staff is very good. The food is a little bit better than a regular nursing home. They had lots and lots of activities going on every day. They also post a big schedule for everybody who lives there on what's going on from day to day and what time.

The rooms are wonderful. She has a separate bedroom and a very large bathroom with a wheel-in shower. The staff is very nice. The place doesn't smell. I think they need to hire a couple more people to tend their door. Because it's a lock-down, you have to ring the buzzer to get in, so if they're very busy you're going to stand there for a little while. I like the atmosphere, the cleanliness, and the staff.

Chris42 February 28, 2014

We visited Sterling House and it was really nice. I really liked it. I remember the lady who showed us the place. She was just taken right off her desk. She never did it before, but she really did a good job. The rooms were very big and nice. They had activities like a class where they were dancing. We also saw them doing ball toss at one point.

Caring000.31 December 31, 2013

Sterling House of Port Orange was bright and clean. It was well-staffed and they had enough activities for the residents. They also had a good variety of rooms from shared rooms to private suites.

Kathy73339350 November 27, 2013

Mom had stayed at Sterling House. She was not very happy there at all. The CNAs and staff were all super. She didn't care for the upper management. The food stunk. She hated the food. There were no activities. There was nothing for them to do. If they could replace the administrator, they could actually had a person there who would care what they were actually feeding the residents. They could bring somebody in there who could actually be an activities director and gave the people something to do rather than sit around all day and do nothing.

Linda73163250 November 22, 2013

I liked Sterling house because it was clean. I liked the PR person who took me around and showed me the room. However, I didn't think it would meet my mother's needs as well as the other one could. But it was very nice.

Mary Anne4 October 05, 2013

Sterling House was very nice. The staff lovely and they made follow-up calls after my visit. The atmosphere was very nice. However, the apartment itself was not quite as large as the one I had right now.

Anonymous68971150 September 19, 2013

Sterling House of Port Orange is very nice, very clean and it appears to be a very comfortable place to live in. It doesn't smell. The staff is very nice and cordial. This facility would be on my list if I decided to move.

Phyllis15 July 29, 2013

I went at Sterling House once with my mom. I liked it because the facility is just one floor. The residents couldn't come outside by themselves. Sterling is nice but it was a lot more money. They have many, many people in wheelchairs and when I took her there, she got frightened. They have one activity director for all the residents. They do crafts. They play bingo, they play cards. They have happy hour every Friday with different entertainers. They have a calendar that tells you what's going on. They have at least 50 residents. They give more care to their residents. The food is good.

Caroline32168 August 21, 2012

My husband and I toured several different assisted living facilities while looking for a place for my mom. There were a few really nice looking communties, but Sterling House was the most impressive primarily because of the staff. While we looked around, many of the employees stopped to introduce themselves and took time to speak with us and find out about my mom. It has a really home-like feeling and it's not too big. We discovered that many of the employees have been there for a long time, and they truly seem to love what they do. It was a little more expensive than some of the other places we toured, but well worth it! Sterling House has been a real blessing for our family.

JulieR76 May 26, 2012

I had never visited an assisted living facility before, and I wasn't too sure what to expect. I was sort of thinking that we'd see big rooms where all the residents stayed to talk, play board games, etc. Instead, I found that this facility was a lot like living in a luxury apartment. My friend's aunt had her own private room and bathroom, and the room was beautifully furnished. The facility, from the outdoor landscaping to the interior hallways and meeting areas, were very nice. There was no need to call ahead to visit her aunt, and she only had nice things to say about her neighbors and caregivers. While we were visiting with my friend's aunt, a nurse came in to give her some medication. She seemed to be very happy there, and anyone we met seemed to be happy either working there or living there. It was a wonderful experience, and I love knowing that places like this exist to help those in need.

Caring490660 January 17, 2012

As I arrived at Sterling House of Port Orange, I noticed there was ample parking for visitors and staff and plenty of walkways for residents and visitors to stroll around and enjoy the outdoors. The landscaping was very well cared for and colorful. When I walked inside I noticed how spacious and comfy every area was. There was plenty of seating and roomy enough to be able to engage in conversations without having to be disturbed. Sterling House only has one bedroom's for the residents, but each room has their own private bath and there are several different one bedroom styles to choose from.
The facility offers transportation to residents that would like to be driven to their doctor's appointments or shopping, etc. They also offer outside activities and many indoor activities as well for any resident wishing to participate. The dinning room was very spacious and the food is fresh and they offer many different diets depending on the type the resident requires. They also offer snacks and beverages throughout the day.

From Brookdale Port Orange

Brookdale Port Orange provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Port Orange