CareOne at Morris

200 Mazdabrook Rd., Parsippany, NJ, 07054

Reviews of CareOne at Morris

JR_DK1965 November 23, 2012

We placed my Grandmother at the CareOne Assisted Living Facility in Parsippany, NJ almost two years ago after my Grandfather passed away. It was a difficult time for my Grandmother, but the staff at CareOne was extremely compassionate and made my Grandmother's transition much easier. While she misses her old house, her apartment at CareOne is perfect for her. It has modern amenities (new kitchen appliance, new bathrooms) and requires minimal maintenance, which my Grandmother can still manage mostly on her own. The staff members are very helpful and are great at recognizing when Grandma need help and when she can be left alone, which Grandma really appreciates. Easily the best part about Brightstar is the common areas, like the cafeteria and multi-purpose room. They are kept in immaculate condition. Grandma also loves to walk the grounds in the spring and fall, as the landscaping is beautiful. With all the positives, my Grandma's one complaint has always been the food. While they offer a variety of options and try to create healthy meals, Grandma rarely likes what is on the menu. Grandma likes to compare the food to hospital food, but I've had a few meals there, and it is definitely higher quality than hospital food. All in all, I don't know what my family would have done if we didn't find CareOne. We toured a lot of facilities and this is the only one Grandma would even consider. It has allowed her to keep her independence but also lets our family feel like she has all the care she needs.

Kluelis March 28, 2012

DO NOT send your loved one to this facility. Management cannot control the staff. Lack of attention to resident's care unless you shove their nose in the issue. Administrator does not seem to "Care One" bit.

From CareOne at Morris

Care-One at Morris of Parsippany offers a unique campus model that includes assisted living, rehabilitation, and skilled nursing all on our property, thus allowing residents to truly age in place! We also have 2 memory care neighborhoods - one for beginning and mid stages of Alzheimer's/Dementia and the other for the end stages of the disease. We are very unique in this concept but feel this is crucial as there is a vast difference between both stages, and these programs pay close attention to the different needs of our residents.

Residents enjoy:

• Beautiful apartments with a kitchenette (refrigerator and micro-wave) and large bathrooms with easy in/out showers
  • Three meals a day in a dining room setting and healthy snacks, our dinning room is open all day!
  • 7 days of exercise classes, activities, live entertainment and bus trips (NYC, Jersey shore) and scenic rides
  • Regular family nights, Casino Nights, Themed parties etc.
  • Housekeeping and laundry Included
  • Complimentary Wellness checkups
  • On-site healthcare services; 24/7 nursing and aide staff; medication management
  • Assistance with activities of daily living (i.e., bathing, dressing, etc)
  • Theater Room with comfortable seating
  • Large Salon
  • Cable and Phone Service
  • Common areas and outside patios
  • Transportation to Dr. visits as long as office is with-in 12 miles of our Campus
  • We participate in the Medicaid waiver!

Care One at Morris is a Medical Model Assisted Living Community. No minimum respite stay. We have a Movie Theater, Physical Therapy, Sub-Acute Rehab next door and much more!

Features of CareOne at Morris

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Minimum memory care rate: $5,019/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: None