Brookdale Norman

1701 East Alameda Street, Norman, OK, 73071

Reviews of Brookdale Norman

November 02, 2011

By Kellie_B

My grandmother was moved into this facility after my grandfather passed away. My grandmother was a very social person and this facility soon became home to her. She started playing bingo and making crafts with the other residents. She made friends and went on field trips. My grandmother was very happy there. She said her meals were close to gourmet even though they weren't like her cooking. Each room had a large bathroom and it was very easy for her to bathe and do her daily living rituals. It came with a half-kitchen with a microwave, small refrigerator and a sink. When she did not want to go to dinner, she cooked a little something for herself in the microwave.They also allowed her to keep her pet. That was very important to her. Her dog made her very happy. The apartment had a back door into the courtyard where she could walk her dog and be safe.The apartment was also equipped with a panic button. She accidentally hit it once while making the bed and the staff was there in minutes.All in all, it was a great place for my grandmother to live. When she passed, the staff came to her funeral and were very nice when we came to clean out the apartment.

October 19, 2011

By stewag1

I visited the Sterling House of Norman several times while my great-grandmother was a resident there and never left her once unpleased. On my first trip, I was given a complete tour and tons of details about my great-grandmother's new home. The staff was friendly and attentive throughout the entire tour and really made me feel comfortable with her making this transition. The house was well kept and allowed her to have her own personal freedom, while still keeping her active and secure. My great-grandmother really enjoyed getting to know all of the other residents and always had wonderful things to say about her time there. It was also reassuring how easy to reach and helpful the staff was for our family outside of Norman. They were happy to keep us updated and never minded taking our phone calls when we wanted to just check in. As a whole, our experience was beyond expectations. From making her adjustment a smooth and easy one to providing her with the most excellent care throughout her entire stay, Sterling House always surpassed our family's satisfaction.

Services & Amenities of Brookdale Norman

About Brookdale Norman

Brookdale Norman provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Norman