Millcroft

255 Possum Park Road, Newark, DE, 19711

Reviews of Millcroft

Bunny54 August 21, 2014

The staff who deals directly with my family member are excellent. The kitchen staff does a wonderful job with meal preparation and the food is very good. However, when it comes to communication regarding private pay, billing, medicare and medicaid issues everything breaks down. I have been waiting over two weeks now to get answers to questions I posed both over the phone and email with still no response. There have also been several breakdowns in communication with regard to the 1st floor nursing station. A better job needs to be done regarding communication with families with regard to these issues. Their lack of communication leads one to believe Millcroft is solely interested in private pay for profit.

Thank you so much for your feedback and for discussing your concerns with me during our recent phone conversation. I hope that I have helped clear up your questions in regards to billing. I also hope that I provided helpful information for future concerns. I am very happy to hear all the positive comments about the care and concern we provide your mother-in-law. Please feel free to reach out to me any time you feel the need. Thank you for the opportunity to care for your loved one and giving us an opportunity to serve you!

Kathleen Duca, Executive Director, Milcroft

DianaClark2230 August 05, 2014

My brother and I stopped in for a tour, no appointment as most communities require. But, when we spoke with Joe, he said that he was available during the day and evening hours and that there were managers on duty that would be glad to give us a tour as well. The front desk person Kathy, was very welcoming, she offer us coffee and a brochure while we filled out information. Joe was just finishing up with another tour, when he introduced himself and his co-worker who was the assistant executive director. Joe was great, offering us water or coffee. He really did a great job with sharing information about Millcroft. Giving the benefits of why our Mom would love to live at his community. He spoke to us more as a friend, then someone trying to sell us something. We toured both the independent and assisted living. Independent had some great closets (walk-in), they had one and two bedroom apartment, only one available was a two bedroom with a patio, but they might have a one bedroom open by the end of next month. They have a waiting list for there independent apartments. The assisted living has a more home like setting, there was only 26 apartments, Joe says that they have a great staff to resident care numbers, plus there is a nurse available if needed. The residents when at a birthday party with entertainment, they all seem to really enjoy themselves. We really liked the outdoor patio that any of the residents at Millcroft could go out and enjoy. We were sold on Millcroft, but especially Joe and the information that we didn't know about veterans aide and attendance program, as well as Mom's long term care policy that could be used when she goes into assisted living. Needless to say, we put a deposit down and Mom is moving in by the end of the month.

Caring82445450 June 28, 2014

We liked the rooms that were available at Millcroft. We liked the fact that it had independent, assisted, and skilled nursing. We liked the fact that therapy was on-site. We happened to have a different meal there. It was their Continental breakfast. They had good food choices for the residents. It was just a little less social for what I was looking for for my dad. They had activities, but they just didn't seem to be as much. The staff was very knowledgeable. If they weren't sure about something they promised to get back to us, and they did.

JeanMcKnight October 30, 2013

We toured this community over the weekend, it was perfect for our parents. We were looking for a place that when they needed more care it was available to them. They are more independent, Dad drives and Mom only needs a care. But, if Mom or Dad needed more care say after a fall or they had a car accident,they could go to the rehab center on the same property. We checked other senior communities, none of them had a rehab or a nursing site on their properties. Almost of the other Independent and Assisted Living communities when asked the question of what would happen if say Dad went into the hospital and needed a nursing home, were would they go. All of them didn't want to talk about that, saying lets not talk about that if it's not going to happen. Well, we are thinking ahead for our parent's future. When pushed the other senior communities said "Millcroft". That's why our parents will be moving into this senior community.

Thank you very much for your review of our community. Millcroft has been serving seniors for 31 years with a commitment to providing quality care and services to our residents across the continuum. Throughout the years, many of our residents have been able to transition from one area to another while staying under one roof. Again thank you for sharing your comments about our community.

Geoff Henry, Executive Director

Vincent2 October 24, 2013

Millcroft is beautiful! I'd say one of the best. It was very nice and very clean. The only problem was that it was too expensive, way over a normal person's budget. All the rooms were very nice. The dining room and the facilities were very clean. I hadn't seen any of them that were not suitable to live in.

cheerxo1 September 29, 2011

The facility was a generally beautiful place compared to some of the other nursing homes that I have seen. Most of the staff was generally friendly some of them just did'nt seem willing to talk to people like they were just there to get paid but aside from the few that I happened to walk past that looked a little down the ones that I actually had conversations with regarding the care of my loved one, they were extremely friendly and helpful.

cheerxo September 17, 2011

Generally decent place for a loved one.. almost all staff is friendly.

From Millcroft

Millcroft offers compassionate senior care in Newark, DE. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Millcroft shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Newark, DE.

Features of Millcroft

• French
  • Spanish

• General store
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Religious services
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Paws for Pets Therapy

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 62

• Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Millcroft