Sunrise of Morris Plains

209 Littleton Road, Morris Plains, NJ, 07950

Reviews of Sunrise of Morris Plains

PL November 30, 2015

Sunrise of Morris Plains was a beautiful facility. The person that met us was extremely helpful and gave us a lot of good information that helped us make a decision. She was very upfront about the cost and the amenities. It was really a very good experience. Everything was spotless. The dining facility looked like a small restaurant. The residents that we saw as we were taking the tour all seemed very engaged. There was a whole host of activities posted on a large community board and there were three or four things going on everyday. There were a lot of things for people to choose from to do.

Caring102240250 January 29, 2015

There are a few Sunrise facilities, but the one we visited is in Morris Plains. It is very nice, but it is more institutional. It is a big building, and when you went inside it is more hospital-like. We weren't that happy with them.

Catherine10 February 28, 2014

I visited Sunrise of Morris Plains and it was a very good experience. The housing facilities themselves were clean and they were very pleasant. They were very warm and comfortable. The communal areas were people dine and socialize were active and very positive. The staff was incredibly helpful and it was all very, very good. The rooms were very spacious and very comfortable both in the memory care facility as well as the regular main floors. Everything was modern, well-kept, and in really good shape. I like the location and I like that the overall environment is very positive.

Caring0573 September 11, 2013

Sunrise of Morris Plains was located next to our town so I went to visit. It seemed like a well-staffed facility. They had a very pleasant environment and had plenty of activities for the seniors. They served three meals a day. There were different types of room like a one bedroom studio and two bedroom studio. I would commend this place to others.

Joe13 May 06, 2013

Sunrise is much closer to my mother's doctors and our family members. I'm sure Sunrise's services were good and the staff was nice but the place was just too expensive.

dkbahoo1 September 13, 2012

I spoke with the director at the facility and was given a tour of the facility. The director also introduced me to the staff and to several elderly individuals living at the facility. He showed me the inside of several rooms that I could choose from for my family member. Each room had a bed and nightstand. Some rooms had dining room tables and televisions. He also showed me the eating facility where the residents were provided three meals a day. He invited me to come back to the facility with my loved one and bring them for lunch one day the following week. I was able to speak with several residents and ask them about their experience at the assisted living facility. Many of the residents were very happy to be at the facility. There was even several dogs that wandered around the building whom the residents enjoyed playing with.

_c_g July 12, 2012

Sunrise homes are pretty generic, and there are quite a few in the area. My grandmother was always pleased, and never complained about the service. Personally, I felt there could always be more day trips or social activities but unfortunately this is pretty standard in such facilities.Card and board games, weekly gatherings and (of course) church were well advertised and put on without much complication. The fact the facility was down the road from a food store was helpful to those who could walk there. Mass transit is also nearby, as the facility is on route 202.All in all I think this place is good for those who feel the need to be independent but appreciate that small-town feel. There is renovation currently going on next door (they are building condominiums) but otherwise the land is surrounded by trees. I do not know how much it costs as I was not privy to those discussion, but I know my grandmother (and us) loved it.

rreadhead June 21, 2012

It took a while to get eveerything working right but now that it is, I feel comfortable knowing my father is at Sunrise of Morris Plains and safe.

djaxus March 14, 2012

My grandmother was a resident of this assisted facility while struggling with emphysema along with pulmonary hypertension. She is no longer with us, but during her time at the facility she has many complaints and horror stories. Most of the nurses were unkind to her and were often scolding her for things she couldn't help. She often said they treated her like a child and would sometimes ignore her. One particular story that stuck with me was when she had asked for assistance using the bathroom because she was took weak to walk on her own. The nurse told her to just go in her adult diaper. Needless to say, my family and I were quite appalled at the nurses behavior and moved her into our home on hospice for her last days of living.

Thank you for your message. Our team members are committed to providing quality care and we are very proud of the joy they bring to residents every day. Please contact us at information@sunriseseniorliving.com to share your specific concerns.

From Sunrise of Morris Plains

Step into a Sunrise Senior Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or cat.

Services & Amenities at Sunrise of Morris Plains

Although services and amenities vary slightly by location and care level, they typically include:

• Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities, scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
  • Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
  • Trained staff available 24 hours a day
  • Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
  • Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
  • Weekly personal laundry
  • Social and educational programs for families
  • Scheduled resident and family meetings
  • Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
  • Maintenance of building and grounds

For more information on the services and amenities available for the care level you are seeking, please give us a call or stop by the community.

Location of Sunrise of Morris Plains